Chronicles of Adea - fantasy mod development thread

You need to have BNW to be able to edit the policies, as there are some new columns and tables introduced in it. Also you need to have all the DLC, except the map packs - without them you won't be able to run the mod.

You need to have BNW to be able to edit the policies, as there are some new columns and tables introduced in it. Also you need to have all the DLC, except the map packs - without them you won't be able to run the mod.
Ok. I'll buy BNW then.

Tell me what you want and I'll make them!

@rocklikeafool: Let me know when you're ready to work on the policies, I'll give you all information you need then.

@TPangolin: Here are the links to the two icons made by Irkalla: here and here (the right version). I wonder if you can retrieve them and put them in .dds files of all needed sizes - this would probably take less work than making them from scratch.

There will be 12 civs in the alpha version of the mod, here are my ideas about the symbols of the other 10, which is a slightly edited version of the list I posted earlier in this thread. But if you, or anyone else, have different ideas, I'm open for suggestions:

Dreamers: A constellation of golden stars on dark blue
Archons: Purple cross-like symbol on white
Vodniks: Green reeds on blue
Snobar: Red (?) snowflake on icy blue
Azracs: Yellow (or red) sun on orange
Lemuria: Black panther on light green
Elves: Golden tree on dark green
Dwarves: Brown symbol like this on tan (of course only the shape should be similar to that picture, without all the details)
Demons: Yellow pentagram on dark red
Undead: Black skull on gray

Feitoria graphics for Fishing Village improvement?

Good idea, although with all these walls and towers it doesn't really look like a village, so I think I will rename it to Port or something like that... Also I really like the NoTwoAdjacent tag that was introduced in BNW, so I will use it for this improvement and some other ones, that shouldn't be too numerous.

(Side note: As you probably noticed, I often write about the mod in the first person - it's my mod, and I will do something with it. This is because I'm not getting much support from the rest of the team so far and practically all the design decisions are mine. If this changes, I will use the words "we" and "our mod" more often :))

@rocklikeafool: Let me know when you're ready to work on the policies, I'll give you all information you need then.

@TPangolin: Here are the links to the two icons made by Irkalla: here and here (the right version). I wonder if you can retrieve them and put them in .dds files of all needed sizes - this would probably take less work than making them from scratch.

There will be 12 civs in the alpha version of the mod, here are my ideas about the symbols of the other 10, which is a slightly edited version of the list I posted earlier in this thread. But if you, or anyone else, have different ideas, I'm open for suggestions:

Dreamers: A constellation of golden stars on dark blue
Archons: Purple cross-like symbol on white
Vodniks: Green reeds on blue
Snobar: Red (?) snowflake on icy blue
Azracs: Yellow (or red) sun on orange
Lemuria: Black panther on light green
Elves: Golden tree on dark green
Dwarves: Brown symbol like this on tan (of course only the shape should be similar to that picture, without all the details)
Demons: Yellow pentagram on dark red
Undead: Black skull on gray

I can make large PNG files, and keep the actual icons, but I wont be able to do the dds files. Happy to recreate the already made ones.

Here we go:

Archons

Spoiler :

Azracs

Spoiler :

Demons

Spoiler :

Dreamers

Spoiler :

Dwarves

Spoiler :

Elves

Spoiler :

Griffites

Spoiler :

Lemuria

Spoiler :

Orcs

Spoiler :

Snobar

Spoiler :

Undead

Spoiler :

Vodniks

Spoiler :

The icons look awesome :eek: (and you made them really fast)!

Now if I can have a few remarks (because I haven't explained my intentions well enough):

Archons - I'm not sure if I like the pattern, for this civ I'd prefer something more "angular", and less "delicate", perhaps something like the one here (I remember someone linked to that article when discussing this mod)

Azracs - perfect

Demons - perfect

Dreamers - perfect

Dwarves - I think it should be a different shade of tan, like the first one listed in wikipedia. Also the symbol should be a lighter shade of brown, it's almost black now.

Elves - perfect

Griffites - perfect (the last Irkalla's version had a crown, but I think without the crown it's equally good)

Lemuria - I think the color should be more yellowish green/olive

Orcs - perfect

Snobar - perfect

Undead - perfect

Vodniks - perfect (although I don't like my idea of a reed symbol that much...)

My humble opinion: white to color does not look very good in the game. As well as dark shades of yellow.

I do like the Japanese, Portuguese, Songhai, Siam and Zulu schemes though.

My humble opinion: white to color does not look very good in the game. As well as dark shades of yellow.

Well, I think all possible background colors should be used, but only once, so there aren't two civs with a very similar background - for me it looks bad on the minimap when Greece and Japan are neighbors, for example, as the border between them is not clearly visible.

The exception to this rule is black background, which is used for barbarians and city states (minor civs in this mod) - I'd like to keep this convention.

I'm convinced that the background for Archons should be white, but I'm not sure that their other color should be purple, so suggestions are welcome here (the idea to use purple comes from their similarity to the Roman Empire).

There will be more civs in the mod than those 12 in the alpha version, I have plans for civs with background colors that are unused now, like yellow, pink, and purple.

Rebuilding the tech tree progress report: The First Age techs are finished (it's the first of the four eras in the mod). See the attached picture for details. Notes:

1. Not all tech connections are shown on the tech tree. All required techs are shown in tech tooltips.
2. All things indicated by icons on the tech tree are functional.
3. All tooltips are generated automatically according to the database content.

@TPangolin: Can you give me .dds files with your civ icons? (Also it would be nice if you can make the changes I suggested :))

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0018.jpg
    Civ5Screen0018.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 102
Happy to make the changes you suggested, but I'm afraid I wont be able to do the .dds files (since I suck nuggets at doing them and couldn't even do them for my own mod). You'll have to ask someone else in that regard.

OK then, so if there is someone reading this that can make .dds files, please help us :)

Happy to make the changes you suggested, but I'm afraid I wont be able to do the .dds files (since I suck nuggets at doing them and couldn't even do them for my own mod). You'll have to ask someone else in that regard.
Try this program:

http://eliteforce2.filefront.com/file/;29412

I believe it's free. Should allow you to convert the files from whatever current file type to .dds.

AFAIK it can also be done using programs like GIMP or Paint.net, and there are some tutorials on this subject like this one. So eventually I'll do it myself if no one offers to do it...

AFAIK it can also be done using programs like GIMP or Paint.net, and there are some tutorials on this subject like this one. So eventually I'll do it myself if no one offers to do it...
Fair enough. I pretty much am swamped with school right now, or I'd make the offer to do it.

The Second Age techs are finished - see pic (Desert Travel tech is for the Azrac civ only; Iron Working has also Swordsman, which didn't appear on the tree because I used a civ that uses a currently non-existent UU in its place).

@TPangolin: When do you think you can make changes to the civ icons?

Attachments

• second_age.jpg
    second_age.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 106
How are these?

Spoiler :

Top Bottom