Chronicles of Mankind

I found in GlobalDefines.xml row:
<DefineName>MAX_TRADE_ROUTES</DefineName>
with zero value. This means no trade routes allowable in game? Probably this is the reason why I do not see any trade routes in my cities. What you think? I changed value to 5 and will try it.
Also question did you find how to enslave barbarian units in game? I still do not have any slaves. What value in what xml is responsible for enslave probability event?

I found in GlobalDefines.xml row:
<DefineName>MAX_TRADE_ROUTES</DefineName>
with zero value. This means no trade routes allowable in game? Probably this is the reason why I do not see any trade routes in my cities. What you think? I changed value to 5 and will try it.
It's a change made in AND2 1 or 2 year ago. Standard Trade Routes are replaced with connectedness mechanics, which is cleaner but... I want to revert this change but it won't be easy.
Changing MAX_TRADE_ROUTES is not enough. You have to change civics, buildings, city interface, maybe diplomacy too and what else.

Also question did you find how to enslave barbarian units in game? I still do not have any slaves. What value in what xml is responsible for enslave probability event?
No. AND2 was set up this way and I cannot change the dll, sorry. It's a very unfortunate feature of the mother-mod.

EDIT: Sorry, I remembered (incorrectly) that it was intended to have lower enslavement chance from barbarians. But I checked 45's answer and no it isn't.
So, I don't know what's causing it. Do you get slaves from other civs?

Last edited:
Just made a quick test with world builder: testing combat with a regular civ, a minor civ and barbarian. In all cases I recieved Slaves in 50% of the times. So I don't have any idea...

Wait! With which dll are you playing? The 50civs or the 100civ one? I was testing with the 50civs one.

Just made a quick test with world builder: testing combat with a regular civ, a minor civ and barbarian. In all cases I recieved Slaves in 50% of the times. So I don't have any idea...
Wait! With which dll are you playing? The 50civs or the 100civ one? I was testing with the 50civs one.
I use Always peace option, because war is nonsense for me in game and in life. We have to love people, not to kill. But barbarians and sometimes minors still the case, so I have only chance to have slaves from them. I do not use any external dll, just default game dll.

(part deleted) We have to love people, not to kill (part deleted) to have slaves from them.(part deleted)
:rotfl:
That sounds soooo hypocrite.
Oh' man! You made me laugh! :lol: :goodjob:

But back to being serious: I again tested with the 100civs dll and gained slaves as intended. So I have no idea what's going on :shifty:

:) Ok, for getting slaves I see interesting effect that after some combats with barbarians I received units Caravan, instead of slaves. Looks like default slave unit is Caravan at least in my version )) It is useful unit of course, but not very fit to slave received after battle.

Errr... okay... I don't know what parts of my modmod did you use but enslavement is tricky. IIRC it was GlobalDefines.xml that defines the unit for enslavement. It defines not X_UNITCLASS but Xth (maybe 17th?) unit in the UnitTypes.xml. So if you add/remove units from the begining of the list the unit for enslavement is changed from Worker to... for example Caravan :)
I cannot check exact values right now, I'm at work.

So if you add/remove units from the begining of the list the unit for enslavement is changed from Worker to... for example Caravan :)
Thank you. Yes, I added animals from your mod in the beginning where all the rest animals, then I will move them in the end and see what happened.
BTW I think it should be some birds and water animals too. Not too much, but 2 and 2 should be enough. I will add.

i was wondering if you had an other source to get the patch, i have no access to that link which i am guessing in a dropbox site what that is

or are the fixes are ready put into the mod and could i just download the whole mod again? cause that i can do

So Dropbox is blocked in China? Interesting.

I'll try upload the patch to at least one more cloud in the next 10hours. BTW, which of the links is working for you? I'd chose that one first.

So Dropbox is blocked in China? Interesting.

I'll try upload the patch to at least one more cloud in the next 10hours. BTW, which of the links is working for you? I'd chose that one first.

the mediafire is the only one that seems to work for me

Now I'm thinking how to make towns more unique and tie allowed buildings to land and land features that surround town. For example carpenter could be allowed only in towns with forest and jungle in city vicinity, and so on. Added some buildings like logging mill and sand quarry correspondingly to forest/jungle and desert in city vicinity. Thinking about other features like oasis, kelp etc. I do not want to have all cities look similar.

Also such nice feature as bamboo in city vicinity definitely should be used to make Bamboo plantation building and Papyrus manufacturing plant building to make papyrus from it, because papyrus is quite rear resource on the map (I didn't see any so far).

Also such nice feature as bamboo in city vicinity definitely should be used to make Bamboo plantation building
Good idea! I was thinking of doing something more with Bamboo but haven't found out anything yet. A Feature that allows Plantation without any resources is just fine. :thumbsup:
Papyrus manufacturing plant building to make papyrus from it, because papyrus is quite rear resource on the map (I didn't see any so far).
Papyrus is intended to be rare. It's a unique way to have Paper resource without Paper tech.
BTW what mapscript do you play? In my tests I saw just enough Papyrus (and the other new resources too).

i play on hemispheres, when i seen you said that papyrus should be rare i was expecting to later read "lol" cause i always see that stuff like everywhere , maybe there is a code that makes the players always have it , what i dont find is tea
Errr... oooh... Did you check the wordlbuilder too? I think it should be regional: you may find more here and less or none there.
it is amazing that old tech is still better than new tech ( and i am not even just talking about video games/computers i am even talking about stoves/hotplates, toasters )
I know the feeling. Altough it's 50% nostalgia only, the other 50% is true :lol:

i was wondering if you had an other source to get the patch, i have no access to that link which i am guessing in a dropbox site what that is

or are the fixes are ready put into the mod and could i just download the whole mod again? cause that i can do
Finally I had a chance to upload the patch to MediaFire too.

thank you very much i did get it,, but cant seem to get it to have any effect .. maybe i go the wrong ideal of which is the accurate read me file,

i have never had to personally install a patch before myself

Top Bottom