Circus Exploit

corrigan3

Chieftain
So I just noticed in my current game that building a circus gives WLTKD in that city. So I tested something.

I built a circus and I did get the 10 turns of WLTKD. Then I sold the building.Then built another, and got another 10 turns of it. I did it a few more times to see if it stacked and well. It did.

So I thought I'd bring this to the attention of everyone.

It's not an exploit. That means you're repeatedly building circuses instead of banks, castles and grocers. It's a neat utility for a WLTKD strategy that gets stuck on a resource they can't get any time soon.

Besides, you telling me you wouldn't love the king if he opened a new circus every day?

If you really want to exploit it, you can invest in it once and it stays invested forever. I think it gives the bonus culture every time it gets built, not just the WLTKD

Besides, you telling me you wouldn't love the king if he opened a new circus every day?
If he kept blowing up the old one beforehand, I'd be a little concerned.

If you really want to exploit it, you can invest in it once and it stays invested forever.
That seems like a bug. Shouldn't the investment status of a building be reset when it's finished?

No it must not give culture every time. Cause zoo gives u tourism only one time, no matter how many times u rebuild it.

Was sure Circuses actually acted like all other buildings of these sort and just gave the bonus once. So yeah this sounds like an exploit.

Reminds me of the real Ancient Rome where the emperors would keep having circuses etc. to keep the plebians constantly elated..... :D

Am I the only person who is unimpressed by the circus? The instant culture is meager, the boredom reduction might help get a few points of happiness, and WLTKD is only useful if you have specific synergy (China or Indonesia, synagogues, etc.)

I usually only ever build them when I want to build a zoo, I see no reason why you'd ever waste hammers on such an exploit

Top Bottom