1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Citadel placement

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by BrotherInJah, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(especially laughable in the case of Babri...)

2. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Looks like a bug. Pillaging the lumber mill does allow the citadel to be built, but that shouldn't be a restriction on citadel creation.

Moderator Action: Moved to Bug Reports

3. afungus amongus

afungus amongus Chieftain

I just experienced this same bug. Jungle tile with Trading Post adjacent to my border belongs to a friendly civ. GG cannot build a Citadel!

This thread duplicates another bug report from 2012.

EDIT: bug vanishes when I declare war on the tile owner - now I can construct the Citadel. Weird.

Attached Files:

4. BrotherInJah

BrotherInJah 60% of the time works every time

What u say it's not the same thing. You cannot place citadel in other civ when peace. This bug is about placing citadel in city state tiles.

5. GiantLittleDog

GiantLittleDog Warlord

Greetings,

I was about to report this bug, but as a good bug reporter is expected to, I did a search first and found this thread.

Since I already took the screenshots I might as well post them:

I can citadel a copper mine adjacent to the friendly city of Delhi:
    static.3ice.hu/images/Civ5-bug-or-feature--cant-steal-territory--Copper-yes.jpg

But not the lumber milled forest:
    static.3ice.hu/images/Civ5-bug-or-feature--cant-steal-territory--Lumber-no.jpg

Strategic View for simplicity:
    static.3ice.hu/images/Civ5-bug-or-feature--cant-steal-territory--StrategicView.jpg

That Wine + Copper would have been a great double steal opportunity. Too bad.

Sincerely,
    Daniel "3ICE" Berezvai

p.s.: I won't be monitoring this thread for replies. I can be reached via email: civfanatics at 3ice.hu (Or any other address at that domain.)

p.p.s.: The graphical artifacts that I just now spotted above my two holy sites didn't show up in game, just on the screenshots.