Cities 1 tile apart

intutama

Warlord
Is this a bug or am I missing something ?

upload_2019-7-3_22-33-30.png

upload_2019-7-3_22-34-23.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-3_22-34-6.png
    upload_2019-7-3_22-34-6.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
Cities on different landmasses (including small islands) can be one tile apart. It is only on the same landmass or continent that the rule applies.

You could settle another city on that desert tile just SE.

Was it so that culture also works differently when it takes over tiles on another landmass? Otherwise pretty easy to culture flip that barb city. :king:

Oh wow years and years of playing and i never knew that... Usually i dont play map with small islands :lol:
Thanks for the info!

That is one lovely culture flipping spot to settle - barbarian city should fall pretty quickly with CRE (it is Zara, right?). Have used this settling method to steal cities from AI (or barbs) many times. Same time culture can go only one tile deep over coast tile so if that barb city would be one tile to west, it would be safe even if would use Great Artists for culture bombs,

That is one lovely culture flipping spot to settle - barbarian city should fall pretty quickly with CRE (it is Zara, right?). Have used this settling method to steal cities from AI (or barbs) many times. Same time culture can go only one tile deep over coast tile so if that barb city would be one tile to west, it would be safe even if would use Great Artists for culture bombs,

Cultural borders are more limited in expansion across water -- no more than 3rd ring, IIRC.

I agree with ArchGhost, Ava was conquiered by another civ, but another barb city hold the whole game without culture flip:

Spoiler :

upload_2019-7-7_9-43-5.png

So, a unit can be adjacent to two cities at once. Does anyone know what would happen if you sail a ship between two hostile cities that are one tile apart and bombard their defenses?

A quick WB test indicates that ships will either target a random city or target the city with the higher defence value, choosing randomly if there's a tie. At the very least there aren't multiple buttons to choose which city to attack, and only one city will be attacked.

thx for checking this

Top Bottom