Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
About crime: I suppose that my problem comes down to the fact that it replaces maintenance, but applies to much more, in a way that literally reduces the value of anything. Which is wrong, in my eyes. Its not like hotel construction encourages crime. Neither do amphitheatres. Those things, however, do require constant maintenance, and they also bring certain profits to their owners. Same goes for circuses, Zoos, etc. IMO, crime should be associated with buildings such as markets and harbors mainly, since most of the crime is related to gold.
[/SPOILER]

We've been over that your argument that X Building doesn't make sense as producing Crime doesn't hold water. A Hotel, for instance, could encourage the theft of equipment, the corruption of building codes, etc. An Amphitheater, on the other hand, could recite something with heretical or vandalising undertones. AHS clearly show that Circuses can incite Violence and Fraud, and Zoos can be a place for Treasonous officials to conspicuously meet.

And yes, these buildings require constant maintenance, but not always at the state-level or city-level - and we can reason the profit made from them, privately or otherwise, is used to net zero maintenance. And beyond that, having dual maintenance-crime Buildings would simply be too much, gameplay-wise, even if it might benefit conceptually.

I'm sorry, Natan, but your issues with Crime seems to be endemic, and frankly isolated, to the system, to which I'm sure you know what I have to say - disable it.

Why Floating Gardens appear in my cities? It should be already fixed long time ago, right?

And I didn't disable Colonies :p

Edit: Also, units spawn after someone declare war at me - is it a CiD or CPP feature? Can I disable it somehow? I was 4 in soldiers in demographics and the Maya were 1. After they declared war at me I'm 1 in soldiers and I got 2 Pictish Warriors per city. I have 5 cities, so I got 10 Pictish Warriors. I don't know if I should be happy or not - I will crush him, surely, but I have -25 gold per turn. I was weakened after first war and he chose nice moment to suprise me declaring war on me, but after all these units spawned, fighting with him isn't challenging now.

The Floating Gardens issue, as I explained back when it first cropped up, is the symptom of a non-specific cause. You'll need to relay the specific circumstances under which you first noticed it.

That's a part of Provinces, however, it can be disabled separately from the Provinces system as a whole. I don't see how you got 2 PW per city, however, unless all your cities are Duchies.

I've been following this mod on and off for some time, so I am not really up to speed but why

In light of the fact that new Resolutions are not, after all, possible, the De-Colonization resolution has been removed in favour of a Decision, enactable from the Modern Era.
. that is not possible (new Resolution) ?

Didn't, Gazebo add new resolution in his CSD mod ? Also does this means, that If I don't have E&D mod, I can't enact Decision and thus, I am missing a lot ?

By the way, what's this was all about, I am curious and I apologize, If it's too bothersome for you to answer or it has been asked already.

I've been following this mod on and off for some time, so I am not really up to speed but why

. that is not possible (new Resolution) ?

Didn't, Gazebo add new resolution in his CSD mod ? Also does this means, that If I don't have E&D mod, I can't enact Decision and thus, I am missing a lot ?

By they what's this was all about, I am curious and I apologize, If it's too bothersome for you to answer or it has been asked already.

Yes, but Gazebo is a DLL modder, whereas I am but a simple Lua modder - I have to work with the framework I'm given, whereas Gazebo can alter that framework to meet his needs. A part of that distinction is the inability for Resolutions to register as being passed - you can pass them, but they won't stay passed, and you can re-select them the next session.

Yes, you're missing out on a tonne if you're not using E&D, especially with RtP. But you don't need to use it. However, I do assume that those using CID and RtP are, and balance/design accordingly.

Upon inspection, there are significant discrepencies between (6a) Community Balance Patch - Compatibility Files (EUI)\LUA and EUI v1.28x. Therefore, CBP - EUI + EUI v.128 + CID EUI are currently not supported.
This is not something I'm willing to fix, as it would require maintaining a separate EUI support folder for CBP. Sorry! Unless I'm missing something here, Gazebo needs to update his EUI for reals this time.
hey this sounds familiar

I'm playing only with CP, non EUI, and RtP, ExCE, Cultural Diversity and Cities and everything goes fine,

except,

that the Calendar tech leads to nowhere. I mean, you could research the whole tree without a calendar. Im playing with Austria...

That's interesting, anyway... a civilization without an idea of time. Do they live in eternity?

Anyway,

Great mods!

Thanks!

Will check this out - thanks for the report.
EDIT: Hm, seems fine:

Spoiler :

Did you by any chance capture Dialga just recently?

Have you changed any settings? Disabled Priesthood maybe?

Jail didn't move to Code of Laws like it should, though, will look into.

Aye JFD. I just installed the latest versions of all of the required mods, and my tech tree appears to have been corrupted. What could be causing this?

I am having the same problem with the tech tree and unable to choose production on turn 1. Logs are in .rar file hope it helps.

Attachments

• 2016-02-14_00001.jpg
    2016-02-14_00001.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 381
  • logs.rar
    13.7 KB · Views: 46
Plz guys, I'm not psychic. I can only begin to surmise what causes what issue from your Lua logs. That info can be found on the OP.

Sorry. I should've been more specific. I'm using CP & CBP (No EUI [f*** EUI]), RtP, ExCE, CulDiv, & CiD. Here's the Log file. It seems as though the game couldn't recognize a command line regarding the tech tool-bar. Not sure what could be causing this.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    149.6 KB · Views: 50
I am having the same problem with the tech tree and unable to choose production on turn 1. Logs are in .rar file hope it helps.

You need to update to the latest CP DLL. You're missing a function introduced recently.

Sorry. I should've been more specific. I'm using CP & CBP (No EUI [f*** EUI]), RtP, ExCE, CulDiv, & CiD. Here's the Log file. It seems as though the game couldn't recognize a command line regarding the tech tool-bar. Not sure what could be causing this.

You updated to the latest (13th I think) CP, right? I can't explain this issue otherwise. There is a specific tag that appears missing, which exists for me in, at least, the version from the 13th of the CP (wish Gazebo would change version numbers more often...)

I found a temporary fix. Download the latest CP DLL (attached to this post) and extract it to the Community Patch folder, and delete techbuttoninclude.lua from JFD's Rise to Power (v 14)/Shared/Lua/UI/Overrides. This should fix all of your problems, though the Next Turn button will now instead say "Choose a Government" (Sovereignty confirmed? :king: ) ...

You updated to the latest (13th I think) CP, right? I can't explain this issue otherwise. There is a specific tag that appears missing, which exists for me in, at least, the version from the 13th of the CP (wish Gazebo would change version numbers more often...)

Yep. Version 13 of CBP. I was able to fix the problem by deleting techtooltips.lua, though now the Next Turn button says "Choose Your Government". Though I'm glad that I've been given a taste of what Sovereignty will offer :).

Well, I've just updated RtP to remove the thing that should be there anyway. I can't believe I've just spent the entire day trying to bugfix for CBP and EUI support - I don't even like either! *grumbles*

Anyone's issue look like this:

Spoiler :

That's exactly whats happening in my non EUI game. Rather frustrating, since it only happens with the newest 2-13 CBP, and not with just the CP or with previous versions. Deleting that LUA seems to have cleared everything up for now, so looks like it was an unintended hiccup on Gazebo's end-a reminder that he is an omniscient, but not omnipotent God it would seem.

Can you explain the reasoning behind moving Jail from Code of Laws to Trapping? Laws seems more thematically appropriate. Is there some balancing concerning that I'm missing?

As noted, that was a mistake in the screenshot only. The Jail has been moved to Trapping only when Code of Laws isn't active (as CoL has since been moved to RtP, this is not an uncommon situation anymore). Otherwise, it's there at Code of Laws (I tested a few times - the screenshotted scenario must've just been a fluke in the load order).

That makes sense. I misunderstood what you had meant by "Without RTP / Code of Laws," thinking that it no longer required those and was permanent with Trapping now.

I'm having the floating gardens issue as well.

Floating Gardens appear in player capitals on rivers a few turns after the start of the game. City States don't seem to receive it.

Edit: The problem seems to happen when a city switches loyalty levels and the city banner shows the city as a colony/puppet although it continues to function like a normal city. Selling the floating gardens (government mansion?) removes the city banner icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom