Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says in the options that health is still TBD and to 'not enable'- even though it's on by default.
Should i enable it and be the rebel that I am?

It says in the options that health is still TBD and to 'not enable'- even though it's on by default.
Should i enable it and be the rebel that I am?

Health was released the day before yesterday to little interest :p. I'll fix that in the next update.

Health was released the day before yesterday to little interest :p. I'll fix that in the next update.

Health is out? I was too busy staring at the shiny new TXT_KEYs! There's only a 1/8192 chance of finding one, you know.

CBP Colonists and Pioneers always found colonies (can be disabled in user settings, where the CBP setting is).

With CBP, Settlers will no longer disable with Astronomy

Awesome!
Now I need to re-edit my personal mod that added those in, to take them back out so as not to conflict. :cool:

Just a small feedback - mostly about Health, as your Modjesty asked:

Diseases are seem to be constant in the early game, even in non-super high population cities, until Aqueducts (although it could be that I felt them so good because I had only river cities ^^). Mid-late game looks relatively balanced, with more options at disposal (doctors, more buildings, more resources). Nevertheless, I think around like +10-20% Plague threshold in the early game would be beneficial (but I'm curious about other's opinion).​

Speaking of resources, maybe more resources could give :health: Health? For example, one of my cities was 'saved' from a Plague (at least for a while), because there was an oasis nearby, so I had to invent in buying that tile, and it felt really good to be searching for solutions to avoid them nasty Plagues :mischief:

Continuing from the previous thought, how 'rare' or devastating did your Modjesty intend Plagues? I was surprised that they are rather short, but at the same time they gather relatively quickly. I think it's working really well, focusing on them is definitely a priority, especially since I'm guessing population can die from Plagues, right? (maybe a notification would rase awareness just how nasty Plagues are, if people can see that their citizens are actually dying :rolleyes: I'm aware of the 'Plague Imminent' notification, maybe that's enough)​

About warfare, I had a diseased archer, shot an enemy legion, and that legion went down pretty quickly (I was actually even surprised). I'm guessing that the -50% defense effect was kicked in? :D Because that was unintentional - I was unaware that my archer was diseased - my 2 cents would be that a different promotion could help identifying diseased soldiers (the one now blends in too much with the others). I don't know how hard is adding new promotion icon, but I'm guessing easier than altering unit's graphics.​

About AI, I've seen both Plagued cities and units, but nothing extraordinary (too many - too few), my guess is that it handles okayish. Pont du Gard is a really awesome wonder, and I was able to build it before higher-teched AI-s. Are they aware of its potential, or they are considering it as a 'regular' wonder? (to be fair, it was total chaos, wars everywhere, maybe that was the reason :) )​

Lil' bug report: 1) 'World Events' notification sometimes just appears, but doesn't show any tooltip what just happened (using E&D).

2) Garrisoned diseased units don't contribute toward Plagues (or they do, just in city view it can't be seen / kicks in next turn).

I think Health :health: is just purely amazing, adds another really important layer of strategy. And I can't go around without noticing how polished and amazing looking the icons, the Loyalty meters, the Plague meters, etc. are. Your work is beyond impressive, JFD! Thank you for all your work!

FYI I tracked the building-disappearing bug down to MC's Tuscany.

EDIT: Whoops, not so. I re-enabled all my other civs but Tuscany and the problem persists. So Tuscany triggers it but so do others.

Lil' bug report: 1) 'World Events' notification sometimes just appears, but doesn't show any tooltip what just happened (using E&D).

I have experienced this bug many times before after i started using E&D mod & that too without CID , so i think it is caused due to some other mod [most likely E&D itself].

Btw did you have any issues with the new happiness sytem [extra production with happiness] or weird bot behaviour after installing Cid?

Hey JFD , extremely sorry to bug you with my problems everyday. I downld' v29 ,installed everything as per instructions but the wierd bot thing persists.
Her are some unusual things i have observed[using IGE] in 2 games with this mod [prince]
1) Game 1: Jfd's Saxony had G Library, 1 worker, 2nd warrior, monument all by turn 24.[Liberty]
Also Tarcisio Cm's spain had Stonehenge , 2nd city by that time.
2)Game 2:I am playing Assyria.
Now on Turn 20 & Rome has ToArtemis , archer, worker ,settler and 6 turns for 2nd settler.[No improved tiles yet]
Tomatekh's Alaric built Abu simbel by T17 & now has 2 warriors , worker , monument , 2 turns away from granary.
Now i am guessing this is due to extra base happiness that AI has at game start. So if i disable 'changes_palace' under "Happiness" in the user settings will the ai production be normal?? Even though i am yet to play a whole game with CId mod , i am already excited with all the new concepts it has added to this already amazing game .
Also hopefully you will forgive me for constant bickering on this thread.:cry: Thanks

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    Civ5Screen0004.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 114
I feel I may have the same problem as SuperWaffle. My buildings havent totally dissapeared, but instead they have literally all been moved to the new medicine tech along with literally all the wonders. Very strange.

I have also noticed with the help of EUI that many unique buildings from custom civs (and possibly default civs, i forgot to check) seem to give health on sea resources for some reason. perhaps these to issues are related?

I can report the same issue stated above. I haven't tried it with the most recent update yet, though.

Yeah, something is breaking the whole thing down and sending all the wonders and buildings to Medicine...

Btw did you have any issues with the new happiness sytem [extra production with happiness] or weird bot behaviour after installing Cid?

No, I have not, but probably because I'm using CPP (with CBP), and the local happiness system is disabled with it as far as I know. But your issue is definitely something mod conflict, Prince AI no way can do that in so few turns (especially on that location *referring to picture*).

My best advice would go to stick to original Civs (as Sir Kesler already mentioned), since mods are getting constant updates, and with custom civs there is a high chance that something will go potato.

(And of course I can suggest CBP, where almost every Civ got a new Unique Ability - many of them are really interesting :goodjob: )

No, I have not, but probably because I'm using CPP (with CBP), and the local happiness system is disabled with it as far as I know. But your issue is definitely something mod conflict, Prince AI no way can do that in so few turns (especially on that location *referring to picture*).

My best advice would go to stick to original Civs (as Sir Kesler already mentioned), since mods are getting constant updates, and with custom civs there is a high chance that something will go potato.

(And of course I can suggest CBP, where almost every Civ got a new Unique Ability - many of them are really interesting :goodjob: )

Thanks for the suggestion, will surely follow it next game. Yes in both of my trial games i had a few custom civs , so next time i will try with the original civs. Thanks

Countless bug reports, not one log for me to peeko at :p

Just a small feedback - mostly about Health, as your Modjesty asked:

Diseases are seem to be constant in the early game, even in non-super high population cities, until Aqueducts (although it could be that I felt them so good because I had only river cities ^^). Mid-late game looks relatively balanced, with more options at disposal (doctors, more buildings, more resources). Nevertheless, I think around like +10-20% Plague threshold in the early game would be beneficial (but I'm curious about other's opinion).​

Speaking of resources, maybe more resources could give :health: Health? For example, one of my cities was 'saved' from a Plague (at least for a while), because there was an oasis nearby, so I had to invent in buying that tile, and it felt really good to be searching for solutions to avoid them nasty Plagues :mischief:

Continuing from the previous thought, how 'rare' or devastating did your Modjesty intend Plagues? I was surprised that they are rather short, but at the same time they gather relatively quickly. I think it's working really well, focusing on them is definitely a priority, especially since I'm guessing population can die from Plagues, right? (maybe a notification would rase awareness just how nasty Plagues are, if people can see that their citizens are actually dying :rolleyes: I'm aware of the 'Plague Imminent' notification, maybe that's enough)​

About warfare, I had a diseased archer, shot an enemy legion, and that legion went down pretty quickly (I was actually even surprised). I'm guessing that the -50% defense effect was kicked in? :D Because that was unintentional - I was unaware that my archer was diseased - my 2 cents would be that a different promotion could help identifying diseased soldiers (the one now blends in too much with the others). I don't know how hard is adding new promotion icon, but I'm guessing easier than altering unit's graphics.​

About AI, I've seen both Plagued cities and units, but nothing extraordinary (too many - too few), my guess is that it handles okayish. Pont du Gard is a really awesome wonder, and I was able to build it before higher-teched AI-s. Are they aware of its potential, or they are considering it as a 'regular' wonder? (to be fair, it was total chaos, wars everywhere, maybe that was the reason :) )​

2) Garrisoned diseased units don't contribute toward Plagues (or they do, just in city view it can't be seen / kicks in next turn).

I think Health :health: is just purely amazing, adds another really important layer of strategy. And I can't go around without noticing how polished and amazing looking the icons, the Loyalty meters, the Plague meters, etc. are. Your work is beyond impressive, JFD! Thank you for all your work!

You can lose population from Plague. There should be a little '-X Food' dissipating above the city each turn that it's plagued - maybe it's easy to miss. I can put some more info in the Plague Imminent and Plagued notifications, though. Wish I could add the stink waves from Civ IV though.

I'll try to make a distinct promotion icon, but I've not very good at the arts :p

The AI should be aware that the Pont du Gard is good, but I'll bump up their flavours just in case - I'll add a flavour of Science with a weighting of 1 and they'll go crazy for it :D. It might be the tech that they're avoiding though.

Hm, 23 resources yielding health not enough?

1. Re: world events - post your lua log. I set up a print statement to catch when a world event triggered in order to track this down (*hopes I didn't only set it up in RtP*)

2. They're not supposed to do it directly - they reduce the plague threshold. I'll make the promotion text clearer.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do about your suggestions.

Aw, and I was just started to like you :p

Hey JFD , extremely sorry to bug you with my problems everyday. I downld' v29 ,installed everything as per instructions but the wierd bot thing persists.
Her are some unusual things i have observed[using IGE] in 2 games with this mod [prince]
1) Game 1: Jfd's Saxony had G Library, 1 worker, 2nd warrior, monument all by turn 24.[Liberty]
Also Tarcisio Cm's spain had Stonehenge , 2nd city by that time.
2)Game 2:I am playing Assyria.
Now on Turn 20 & Rome has ToArtemis , archer, worker ,settler and 6 turns for 2nd settler.[No improved tiles yet]
Tomatekh's Alaric built Abu simbel by T17 & now has 2 warriors , worker , monument , 2 turns away from granary.
Now i am guessing this is due to extra base happiness that AI has at game start. So if i disable 'changes_palace' under "Happiness" in the user settings will the ai production be normal?? Even though i am yet to play a whole game with CId mod , i am already excited with all the new concepts it has added to this already amazing game .
Also hopefully you will forgive me for constant bickering on this thread.:cry: Thanks

It's no problem.

I may tone down how much Production the AI gets from Happiness, simply because they are filthy cheaters, and we'll see how that changes things. Though I'd like to know if a similar problem is arising with Health going into Food - is the AI consistantly getting insane population numbers?

I feel I may have the same problem as SuperWaffle. My buildings havent totally dissapeared, but instead they have literally all been moved to the new medicine tech along with literally all the wonders. Very strange.

I have also noticed with the help of EUI that many unique buildings from custom civs (and possibly default civs, i forgot to check) seem to give health on sea resources for some reason. perhaps these to issues are related?

Hm, I'm gonna need your logs and to know if you're using any mods that add new buildings (other than RtP and/or ExCE). In the meantime, I'll see if I can re-create the issue.

Hey, I haven't had much of an opportunity to play a full game since the release of Health - and I likely won't for a while, but I'm really excited to see that it's actually been released and that CID is one component closer to being finished.

That said, I did start a quick game yesterday in order to see if I could spot any bugs - it appears that I was also experiencing 'The SuperWaffle-ing' and couldn't see any of the vanilla buildings/wonders.

That said - I didn't check whether or not they were all being unlocked at Medicine, so I can't corroborate that part of the report. I come bearing logs, so that this post is not totally useless however :p

Also, glad to see that Happiness is going to see some balancing to cope with the amount of production that it seems to be granting the AI. Really great work on the mod this far JFD - can't wait for Sovereignty and whatever may come afterwards!

Hey, I haven't had much of an opportunity to play a full game since the release of Health - and I likely won't for a while, but I'm really excited to see that it's actually been released and that CID is one component closer to being finished.

That said, I did start a quick game yesterday in order to see if I could spot any bugs - it appears that I was also experiencing 'The SuperWaffle-ing' and couldn't see any of the vanilla buildings/wonders.

That said - I didn't check whether or not they were all being unlocked at Medicine, so I can't corroborate that part of the report. I come bearing logs, so that this post is not totally useless however :p

Also, glad to see that Happiness is going to see some balancing to cope with the amount of production that it seems to be granting the AI. Really great work on the mod this far JFD - can't wait for Sovereignty and whatever may come afterwards!

Oh praise Helix!

You are hereby inducted into the Knights of the Realm, for services rendered and for upholding the dignity and responsibility of an Imperial Citizen.

Sincerely,

The Emperor.

You guys with this issue, can you please see if everything is indeed being moved to Medicine? It will help to narrow down the cause if we don't have two similar but different issues. If it does move everything to medicine, please try setting the 'JFD_CID_HEALTH_TECH_CHANGES_GARDEN' user setting to 0. Might be something going screwy with the trigger for the Garden to require Medicine.

Just tested it out twice. Initially to confirm that everything was being moved to Medicines - which it was, and the second time to check out the fix. I'm pleased to be able to say that disabling the Garden changes appears to fix the issue - at least it has for my limited test :p

There should be a little '-X Food' dissipating above the city each turn that it's plagued - maybe it's easy to miss. I can put some more info in the Plague Imminent and Plagued notifications, though.

Yes, I noticed the '- Food', it works perfectly, I do believe there are enough notifications, I was constantly aware of Plagues ^_^ What I meant was that rare occasion when a Citizen dies (so -1 Pop in a city).

I'll try to make a distinct promotion icon, but I've not very good at the arts :p

Don't bother with it, your Modjesty, it's nothing super important, I just merely mentioned it. I could try to make one, depending on the requirements (format, size, etc.), but there are dozens of people who could create it trillion times better than I, so I'm not convinced it's such a good idea :D Maybe something completely distinguishable is enough, just to catch the player's attention, that it's indeed a diseased unit. But it's completely subjective, not worth the efforts if others find it perfect.

The AI should be aware that the Pont du Gard is good, but I'll bump up their flavours just in case - I'll add a flavour of Science with a weighting of 1 and they'll go crazy for it . It might be the tech that they're avoiding though.

Probably not necessary, if it has the same flavour as other wonders I think it's fine, as I mentioned, crazy wars were going there :D

Hm, 23 resources yielding health not enough?

23? :eek: Holy crab, then I'm mistaken somehow :D What came to my mind was sheep, fish, cattle, wheat, deer, etc. could give health (like in CiV IV), but that would be waaaay too much (not to mention adjacent forest tiles :mischief: ). Let's just say I didn't say anything about this :lol:

Thanks for the feedback! I'll see what I can do about your suggestions.

It's us who owe you gratitude! Because they are mostly subjective (I think :crazyeye: ), change only what you and others consider as constructive and useful.

Aw, and I was just started to like you :p

Ohh, noooes, what have I done :cry: *moves to the corner while sobbing* It was so close, so close :lol:

Thanks for the suggestion, will surely follow it next game. Yes in both of my trial games i had a few custom civs , so next time i will try with the original civs. Thanks

No need to thank me, I wish I could help you more efficiently. And I hope I didn't discourage you from playing custom civs, since that wasn't my intention! :D

23? :eek: Holy crab, then I'm mistaken somehow :D What came to my mind was sheep, fish, cattle, wheat, deer, etc. could give health (like in CiV IV), but that would be waaaay too much (not to mention adjacent forest tiles :mischief: ). Let's just say I didn't say anything about this :lol:

Yup, at least, once you build a Grocer, Supermarket, Harbour, and Monastery - each of which buff the Health of various Health (IIRC, this is how it was done in Civ IV).

v30::
  • Increased the flavours on the Pont du Gard, hopefully incentivizing the AI to pursue it more.
  • Plagued promotion text now clearly states that the effect of a plagued garrison reduces the plague threshold.
  • Fixed an issue wherein all Buildings would be moved to Medicine if using a mod which adds a Garden.
  • Fixed an issue wherein various Buildings would yield Health on Sea Resources (or state that it did, at least).
  • Added distinctive icon for the Plagued promotion (uses ExCE's Disease icon, if someone wants to make a better/more distinctive one, go ahead).
  • AI no longer receives extra Production from their OP Happiness bonus. Because omg they start with 15 whereas you start with 9 (which nets about 3-4 Production after Unhappiness). Wtj firaxis fix ur game. Let me know how this goes.
  • Plagues now have a small but random chance (5%) to kill a city's Population, outside of killing it from the Food loses (which would only ever kill a Citizen if the city was stagnant, apparently).
  • If a Plague causes a city to lose Population, it will send a notification alerting you to this.

I did confirm that all buildings are not buildable and disappear from the tech tree when CiD is on. When it's off it's fine. I surely have some older civs which I shouldn't be using, but this seems like an oddly specific bug. Disabling all buildings?

I'm getting the same thing, but i did notice that the buildings don't disappear, they just all moved to unlock with the Medicine technology.

Only happening when both CID and certain custom civs are active (JFD's Turks for example)

I tried a number of combinations, and all i have active is
1. the latest beta CP,
2. CID
3. JFD's Turks civ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom