Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happiness gives gave production bonuses? That would make sense because the AI was building wonders MUCH faster than I could put them out, pretty much making me non-competitive.

Or maybe CBP Prince is too hard for me now.

JFD,

Just tried it again after changing
'JFD_CID_HEALTH_TECH_CHANGES_GARDEN' user setting to 0
That did resolve it. Buildings are all back to their normal tech requirements.

looks like some of your custom civs are causing something to go wrong with that. No idea why

i know the Turks - (Mehmet II) is one of the ones that triggers it, and there are others, but i can't tell what part of the code is conflicting

JFD,

Just tried it again after changing
'JFD_CID_HEALTH_TECH_CHANGES_GARDEN' user setting to 0
That did resolve it. Buildings are all back to their normal tech requirements.

looks like some of your custom civs are causing something to go wrong with that. No idea why

i know the Turks - (Mehmet II) is one of the ones that triggers it, and there are others, but i can't tell what part of the code is conflicting

Check the post above the one you first posted :p

Happiness gives gave production bonuses? That would make sense because the AI was building wonders MUCH faster than I could put them out, pretty much making me non-competitive.

Or maybe CBP Prince is too hard for me now.

Happiness is disabled with the CBP. Otherwise, yes.

It's no problem.

I may tone down how much Production the AI gets from Happiness, simply because they are filthy cheaters, and we'll see how that changes things. Though I'd like to know if a similar problem is arising with Health going into Food - is the AI consistantly getting insane population numbers?

Thanks , that will definitely help. 'Health to Food' might also be a minor issue , since in both my games [CID] AI were above 4 pop. pretty quickly .
Also i would like to note that Djoser did complete Pont du Gard , so i don't think it is neglected by AI's but then again Djoser was a wonder runaway . I spent some 70 turns capturing his 4[of 5] cities and my score dramatically increased from some 600ish to approx. 1300 thanks to some 8-10 wonders from his capital.:D
But i was able to build G.Library around T70, nobody else bothered abt it.

As for v30:worship: .Some 5 new updates in just 2 days to various mods, no wonder you are called Modjesty.:bowdown:

I love this mod so much!!! It gives so much depth to the game and makes you feel immerse in the life of your people, creating new stories to get lost in.

But I have to say that when playing with the CBP it turn almost impossible to get the 5 villages to upgrade my provinces to states (without the CBP I have no problem, but it take out some of the immersion). Considering that one can't have one village next to another it turn impossible to do this if you have a city in an island with 4 land exes or a cost line (despite having tons of population thanks to fishing and stuff). Maybe you can reduce this, or change it, to make it more plausible with this other mod.
And I think more help to reduce crime will be appreciated, like new wilding or policies affecting the thing (maybe some technologies could have some power against crime), but this is my only point that I’m not willing to defend to death because I found the balance to be fine so far in that (but I will like some help to fight the mafias in late game era).

EDIT: And I almost forgot, the colonies, with the CBP, are somewhat a problem, because of the "reduce production cost" of purchasing with gold in wildings. That makes the colonies a problem in times of war, because one can’t buy the drill academy (and the colonies doesn’t look like they want to produce it so far) and therefore I can’t have soldiers up to the task of defend the country colonies that are far away. Perhaps if you can make the change that the drill academy is one of the top priority wilding in the colonies that will solve the problem a little in the CBP, but there is still the problem of the “reduce production cost” that make it impossible to buy wildings. Well, that will be all. (I love the health system by the way)

EDIT 2: Maybe having troops in a city could reduce total crime but increase the violent crimes (this I will understand why can’t be or shouldn’t be done). Having a city in patriotic or allegiant state could reduce crime too (this is, too, understandable why not, sorry for this bunch of cheap ideas, but your mood give me back the “one more turn” need).

I love this mod so much!!! It gives so much depth to the game and makes you feel immerse in the life of your people, creating new stories to get lost in.

But I have to say that when playing with the CBP it turn almost impossible to get the 5 villages to upgrade my provinces to states (without the CBP I have no problem, but it take out some of the immersion). Considering that one can't have one village next to another it turn impossible to do this if you have a city in an island with 4 land exes or a cost line (despite having tons of population thanks to fishing and stuff). Maybe you can reduce this, or change it, to make it more plausible with this other mod.
And I think more help to reduce crime will be appreciated, like new wilding or policies affecting the thing (maybe some technologies could have some power against crime), but this is my only point that I’m not willing to defend to death because I found the balance to be fine so far in that (but I will like some help to fight the mafias in late game era).

EDIT: And I almost forgot, the colonies, with the CBP, are somewhat a problem, because of the "reduce production cost" of purchasing with gold in wildings. That makes the colonies a problem in times of war, because one can’t buy the drill academy (and the colonies doesn’t look like they want to produce it so far) and therefore I can’t have soldiers up to the task of defend the country colonies that are far away. Perhaps if you can make the change that the drill academy is one of the top priority wilding in the colonies that will solve the problem a little in the CBP, but there is still the problem of the “reduce production cost” that make it impossible to buy wildings. Well, that will be all. (I love the health system by the way)

EDIT 2: Maybe having troops in a city could reduce total crime but increase the violent crimes (this I will understand why can’t be or shouldn’t be done). Having a city in patriotic or allegiant state could reduce crime too (this is, too, understandable why not, sorry for this bunch of cheap ideas, but your mood give me back the “one more turn” need).

It's great to hear your thoughts, and welcome to the forums! :D

Alright, I'll see what I can do.

I'll try to make Drill Academies a bit more attractive to the AI. But I think the Slavery component to come - the final component - will direct some attention to resolving the problem of buying Buildings.

I'm hoping that, with Sovereignty, Crimes will be a bit more flexible to deal with. I'll certainly consider having Allegiant and Patriotic reduce Crime - as Rebellious and Separatist increase it, it makes sense anyway.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Having a city in patriotic or allegiant state could reduce crime too

This is very good idea :goodjob: Gratitude for taking into consideration, your Modjesty!

May I ask that with CBP are the villages a necessity? 10 / 20 Population and 5 of the following buildings:... AND 3 / 5 villages - or - Population and (buildings OR villages). I'm only asking because in Wikia it seems that the first is true, while in game I was able to build a Manor without villages.

I hope that they aren't necessary in CBP, since - as jose2534 pointed out - they can't be adjacent to each other (not to mention the resource tiles), but I'm willing to sacrifice this privilage, if his Modjesty intended in that way but it doesn't work properly :D

It may be that something is not working with Villages viz. CBP. But I can remove the requirement entirely if you feel the rest are balanced enough (with/without CBP). It's there mainly to encourage the development of an actual province, instead of a single city, but maybe that's up to the player to decide :p

Question for CBP citizens: How high does Treason get with their Happiness system? I'm weary a bit of making high Loyalty reduce Crime, as it would significantly alter balance, but I wouldn't mind so much just having Loyalty affect Treason specifically, as Piety affects Heresy.

I will play a game now to tell you how treason affects the game with the happiness system of CBP.
And yes, I think removing the request of villages will be good if you can't change it for the CBP, I guess the AI will grow powerful cities too if they don't need the villages. But you are the expert.

PS: thanks for the welcome.

(It makes sense that loyalty affects treason, and I think some policies, at least one per branch, should reduce crime or some sort of specific type of crime, example, just like in freedom the thief is reduce, in esthetics one policy should reduce vandalism; in tradition some should reduce corruption or violence; honor should reduce treason; and so on)

It may be that something is not working with Villages viz. CBP. But I can remove the requirement entirely if you feel the rest are balanced enough (with/without CBP). It's there mainly to encourage the development of an actual province, instead of a single city, but maybe that's up to the player to decide :p

It depends on how your Modjesty intended the development: it should be "natural" - as cities progress, their province eventually become more developed (then the building requirements are enough, since most of those buildings are mandatory for efficiency); or the player should make some decisions and focuse more on their province? If the latter, then I think one village is enough with CBP.

And - as jose2534 pointed out - it'd indeed help the AI as well, since with CP they don't spam trade posts everywhere anymore :D

Question for CBP citizens: How high does Treason get with their Happiness system? I'm weary a bit of making high Loyalty reduce Crime, as it would significantly alter balance, but I wouldn't mind so much just having Loyalty affect Treason specifically, as Piety affects Heresy.

I found it manageable, and that's a really good idea! If your Modjesty makes Loyalty reduce Treason, then it probably can be bumped up a bit I think.

I would agree that having villages as a requirement can sometimes be unreasonable, although I do like the idea. Treason is barely a factor for me, while theft, corruption, fraud, and violence are much bigger threats.

EDIT: Ok, one small question. How is it that 3 civs have ideologies before I hit the industrial era? I am playing on King, with CBP, RtP, ExCE, CulDiv, etc. I am only 5 techs behind the leaders, and only 2 behind one of the civs that has one. Tech isn't the problem, it's culture. InfoAddict says I have 16 policies adopted, while the leader has 36. With CBP, if you complete 3 policy trees you unlock an ideology. IDK how they got that many policies though, their culture output isn't significantly more than mine. Does the AI get a reduction to policy cost? I'm sorry for being a nuisance here, I know it probably has nothing to do with your mod, I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences or explanations.

Because you were playing on King. I believe Prince with CBP is similar to Immortal/Deity on vanilla so Al on King with CBP is much harder therefore their cultures are very high in your game.

I would agree that having villages as a requirement can sometimes be unreasonable, although I do like the idea. Treason is barely a factor for me, while theft, corruption, fraud, and violence are much bigger threats.

For me it's usually Violence that grows rapidly, Terrorists are rising often :D (but I tend to focus on food a lot, so maybe that's the reason)

EDIT: Ok, one small question. How is it that 3 civs have ideologies before I hit the industrial era? I am playing on King, with CBP, RtP, ExCE, CulDiv, etc. I am only 5 techs behind the leaders, and only 2 behind one of the civs that has one. Tech isn't the problem, it's culture. InfoAddict says I have 16 policies adopted, while the leader has 36. With CBP, if you complete 3 policy trees you unlock an ideology. IDK how they got that many policies though, their culture output isn't significantly more than mine. Does the AI get a reduction to policy cost? I'm sorry for being a nuisance here, I know it probably has nothing to do with your mod, I was just wondering if anyone else had similar experiences or explanations.

Hmmm, I'd suggest take a deep look into stuff like: policies (many bonuses come from direct boost, not per-turn; for example in Liberty), religion (some beliefs can give a lot of culture, if that civ is a founder and many cities are following that religion), resources (in CBP some resources give + culture), and if you're playing with Events & Decisions, there is a decision that reduces acquiring new policies by a significant margin (-15% IIRC).

Some other factors: policy that reduces getting new policies, if that civ is Poland (getting free policies), the civ's ratio of wide-tall empire structure.

But that more than double policy number seems fishy, especially on King.

Because you were playing on King. I believe Prince with CBP is similar to Immortal/Deity on vanilla so Al on King with CBP is much harder therefore their cultures are very high in your game.

No kidding, for real? Haha I always played around prince in vanilla so I just kept the same difficulty when I started playing CBP, and then I upped it a little. That explains why I have been having so much difficulty!

For me it's usually Violence that grows rapidly, Terrorists are rising often :D (but I tend to focus on food a lot, so maybe that's the reason)

Hmmm, I'd suggest take a deep look into stuff like: policies (many bonuses come from direct boost, not per-turn; for example in Liberty), religion (some beliefs can give a lot of culture, if that civ is a founder and many cities are following that religion), resources (in CBP some resources give + culture), and if you're playing with Events & Decisions, there is a decision that reduces acquiring new policies by a significant margin (-15% IIRC).

Some other factors: policy that reduces getting new policies, if that civ is Poland (getting free policies), the civ's ratio of wide-tall empire structure.

But that more than double policy number seems fishy, especially on King.

Yeah, I bet Progress tree helped out, since I believe they all went that way, and they had mad tall cities (I believe the bonus is culture every time a citizen is born. A few had culture resources, but not enough to set them that far ahead. I am playing with E+D, but I had that 15% reduction active as well. I also believe that InfoAddict's numbers for social policies are a little off, but I am not sure. Overall it is probably just the combination of Progress tree and higher difficulty. The three civs were Greece, Mongolia, and the Huns, so it wasn't a civ bonus like Poland. Thanks for the help. :king:

Hi all! I freaking love all of JFD's beautiful mods (I can't go back to vanilla anymore...), but I have been having a problem.

When CID is enabled, there are no buttons or dialogue boxes when talking to leaders... they just play their animations and stand there (no buttons to exit, trade, discuss, etc and no text on the screen). I have EUI installed, as well as many other mods, but I have made sure that CID causes this problem... Not a modder, so this has been extra confusing trying to figure out!

Here is a list of my installed mods:
Spoiler :
Community Balance Suite (1-6a) (latest version as of post)
Ingame Editor (v39)
JFD's CiD (v29)
JFD's CulDiv (Core) (v6)
JFD's CulDiv Soundtrack
JFD's Exploration Continued Expanded (v8)
JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v10)
Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v3)
EUI (latest version through the Community Balance Installer)

Database log file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ln9SHyd2vgP6h-G9QOHWENvJaymTylfDu92zTvwi2VY/edit?usp=sharing

Lua log file: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P3_bdrlEWh6JuLSlGEoaqcE61SW5KXOuZlw6oeTVlxk/edit?usp=sharing

I would love any thoughts :) Thank you!

Happy to report that with v30 the Medicine buildings issue is resolved. I haven't had a chance to play fully yet but this and of course all of your other work demonstrates the most important thing to me in modding - it fits perfectly with the rest of the game.

I have gotten the FDR bug for the first time, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom