Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't expect power would be out so quickly, nicely done.

If I may make a suggestion, if you end up unsatisfied with a cinema building, can you include an option to enable and disable it (Like the airship in ExCE)? I've personally been hoping to see a cinema building for a while now.

Since FDR is in need of an update anyways, I don't think we should worry about the fact that the Assembly Line shares the same icon as the Coal Plant. We can fix that later on, once we return to Civ updates.

And for FDR maybe we can get Sherman tank as unique or American paratroopers,or some navy unit instead Assembly line.

JFD You are awesome dude these mods are legit. I think the only thing were missing now is a unit expansion. Their are so many units that can and need to be added to support the base game especially from the industrial on. I have tried to use a large amount of other individuals unit mods however they do not work well with your mods. So it is up too you good sir. Any plans of this in the future >?

Dynamite allows faster movement and construction through hill terrain, or +1 production on hill terrain/mines. Mount Rushmore would be an appropriate wonder. Allow Nobel prizes to be won? :p

I was just joking - the thing I was thinking of is the faster embarked movement at Steam Power (which is now full to burst). Not appropriate for Dynamiate. Mt Rushmore will be in PIT, but I don't really have an excuse to add it in CID.

About health, it's really good and balanced, nice to see that AI gets some plagues too :D (but not as much as the player? But I guess that's fair tbh) What are the chances of citizen-dying from Plagues? I've lost not a few citizens :p

Would it make sense, to Plagues have increased threshold after a previous one? Not much, like 5-10% maybe. My capital have been plagued for 30+ turns, and it's still counting :lol: The consecutive Plagues are added to each other apparently. Just a thought, the system is incredibly good regardless :)

Ai gets a small bonus (+6) because they're dumb. Citizen dying is 1% per total population. How many have you lost? Could be just bad luck. I'd like more reports of it being too frequent before I did anything. And did you notice a discrepency between your Population count and how many Citizens were working tiles?

Perhaps, but I'm not willing to make such a core component rely upon TSL. Besides which, it sounds like you're just not keeping up with Health - each point of Health will increase the threshold by 10 (raw Health, not excess) - so if you're in a Plague, and fear another coming, you should prioritize Health. Out of interest, what is your main source of Disease?

Something is wrong with counting how many turns is needed to produce a building. In city screen there are many more turns than it should. Not sure if it's related to CiD comp. files or just to EUI.

Some screenshots:
Spoiler :

Edit: And CTD while AI turn (Brazil). I reloaded the game to this turn when CTDd in order to make smaller logs. Attached in the post (36KB)

I'll take a look - it looks like a problem restricted to CBP-use.

As for the CTD - I ran a million games with CID (and ExCE) to make sure it was crash free. So it'll be one of your other mods. That said, I think I can read MiniDumps now (haven't tried it, but Gazebo taught me some magic which I might be able to use). So post it if you want me to try and take a look.

I didn't expect power would be out so quickly, nicely done.

If I may make a suggestion, if you end up unsatisfied with a cinema building, can you include an option to enable and disable it (Like the airship in ExCE)? I've personally been hoping to see a cinema building for a while now.

I actually finished it the night before release (hence the rapid turnover for v35 - I didn't step back and look it at properly). No Lua makes all the difference :D

It's the icon with which I'm unsatisfied. It's still in there, and you can enable it.

Hey JFD I'd like to chime in and thank you for implementing health. It changes how one has to play the early game and it is interesting to have a negative tile yield. (I also thank you for re-adding Tribe to ExCE, wonderful mechanics :D)

If you guys don't mind, could those of you that use EUI tell me what features you like the most - the ones you can't play without (perhaps even the ones that you prefer over CID).

EUI is becoming too cumbersome, and I want to gather some research on what can and cannot be integrated into the vanilla UI, without deviating from its aesthetic. So I need specifics, not generalities.

*wishes I had a subforum to conduct better research. Calls it JFD's Civilization Universalis*

I've posted this to RtP's thread, too, but you can reply to whichever.

So far, these are the things that I've gleaned from CBP's thread on the matter of EUI vs. non-EUI, which I believe that I could implement:
  • Combined notifications.
  • Expanded Dropdown list (the buttons along the right-hand side).
  • Embassy/Open Borders status in the Diplomacy List.
  • Re-naming Units whenever.
  • Purchase button(s) (Gold/Faith/Shackles) on the current Production panel (maybe the Production Queue as well).
  • Allow you to 'Show Queue' even if there is no current Production.
  • Demanded resource on the city banner.
  • Condensed promotions (not EUI, but incompatible so should be incorporated).

Bear in mind that I can't/won't implement everything - what I'm looking for is what I need to ameliorate the inevitable future of CID without EUI.

Ai gets a small bonus (+6) because they're dumb. Citizen dying is 1% per total population. How many have you lost? Could be just bad luck. I'd like more reports of it being too frequent before I did anything. And did you notice a discrepency between your Population count and how many Citizens were working tiles?

Perhaps, but I'm not willing to make such a core component rely upon TSL. Besides which, it sounds like you're just not keeping up with Health - each point of Health will increase the threshold by 10 (raw Health, not excess) - so if you're in a Plague, and fear another coming, you should prioritize Health. Out of interest, what is your main source of Disease?

I see. That's reasonable, but considering the odds maybe a bit too frequent, but could be just bad luck (about every 2nd or 3rd plague killed a citizen in a 6 pop city - just a raw estimate). But to be fair plagues should be nasty so it's perfectly fine I guess :)

Only a handful of times. It usually showed the correct amount of citizens, but happened at least once, where a lich citizen emerged :D ("Winter is coming!") Can give logs if that would help.

I see, that's good. Yeah I think Health might actually became first priority! It's awesome :D Yeah that was a nasty start, 6 or more tiles of flood plains, quarry, 9 population, that one cute oasis couldn't hold them off alone :lol: And it was in the beginning, Grocer and so on will probably help, so I think it's absolutely fine.

Same production timing banner / in city shenanigans, but not on every building, also happened with wonders. Moreover if city is rebellious, it says "City will celebrate in 0 Turn(s)!". Using CBP and not using EUI. Can give logs if needed.

Only Great Magistrate can annex colonies as far as I know (this info is missing on the wikia, your Modjesty, maybe removed by accident?), what you're thinking about applies to regular cities (certain buildings and population, to be able to build Manor / Mansion and hereby upgrade your province level).

So, are you saying that Colonies (and cities you conquer, which then become Colonies) can NEVER become a regular city except for the rare ones I expend a Great Magistrate on? (I have still never seen one of these, btw?)

That's ...disappointing? :confused:

do i need the 18th of March version of the Community patch for the latest versions of you mods?

As for the CTD - I ran a million games with CID (and ExCE) to make sure it was crash free. So it'll be one of your other mods. That said, I think I can read MiniDumps now (haven't tried it, but Gazebo taught me some magic which I might be able to use). So post it if you want me to try and take a look.
I started a new game without RtP yesterday and didn't get CTD, strange. But still, the problem with showing incorrect turns needed to produce a building is present.

But coming back to this game which CTDd - let's cast some magic spells and try to disenchant MiniDump :D

Thank you!

Attachments

• CvMiniDump.rar
    22.8 KB · Views: 42
So, are you saying that Colonies (and cities you conquer, which then become Colonies) can NEVER become a regular city except for the rare ones I expend a Great Magistrate on? (I have still never seen one of these, btw?)

Or Great Dignitaries. Or you can let them rebel, then capture the city :D Although I'm not sure if that will retain the Colony status, or the city will become puppet (and you can annex it).

Put citizens into Chancery, Magistrate's Court or High Court and they will spawn :)

If you guys don't mind, could those of you that use EUI tell me what features you like the most - the ones you can't play without (perhaps even the ones that you prefer over CID).

EUI is becoming too cumbersome, and I want to gather some research on what can and cannot be integrated into the vanilla UI, without deviating from its aesthetic. So I need specifics, not generalities.

*wishes I had a subforum to conduct better research. Calls it JFD's Civilization Universalis*

I've posted this to RtP's thread, too, but you can reply to whichever.

So far, these are the things that I've gleaned from CBP's thread on the matter of EUI vs. non-EUI, which I believe that I could implement:
  • Combined notifications.
  • Expanded Dropdown list (the buttons along the right-hand side).
  • Embassy/Open Borders status in the Diplomacy List.
  • Re-naming Units whenever.
  • Purchase button(s) (Gold/Faith/Shackles) on the current Production panel (maybe the Production Queue as well).
  • Allow you to 'Show Queue' even if there is no current Production.
  • Demanded resource on the city banner.
  • Condensed promotions (not EUI, but incompatible so should be incorporated).

Bear in mind that I can't/won't implement everything - what I'm looking for is what I need to ameliorate the inevitable future of CID without EUI.

I love that hovering over the city banner shows the worked tiles and range of the city, and the leader icons at the side which allow for quicker diplomacy interactions.

Or Great Dignitaries. Or you can let them rebel, then capture the city :D Although I'm not sure if that will retain the Colony status, or the city will become puppet (and you can annex it).

Put citizens into Chancery, Magistrate's Court or High Court and they will spawn :)

These were captured cities. When I went to annex them, they immediately went to colony status. :(

I can't purchase with faith Colonist with the Mission Colonies Reformation Belief

I can't purchase with faith Colonist with the Mission Colonies Reformation Belief

Will look into it.

You cheeky despot :p I fixed that exploit a while ago - capturing a colony that's rebelled should return it to colony status. Just like Texas...

I started a new game without RtP yesterday and didn't get CTD, strange. But still, the problem with showing incorrect turns needed to produce a building is present.

But coming back to this game which CTDd - let's cast some magic spells and try to disenchant MiniDump :D

Thank you!

My magic failed me. Sorry... But my magic does allow me to live debug my mods for CTDs, so be assured that they alone do not cause CTDs. (Well, I haven't tested with RtP in a while, so I can't be 100% on that one).

do i need the 18th of March version of the Community patch for the latest versions of you mods?

You should use the latest version always, but you only need the 15th of March version.

There isn't much (if any) historical precendent to base the assimilation of Colonies on as, well, historically, Colonies became independent states. The French Departments don't count, because they're still Colonies and function basically as they would in-game. So essentially I have no idea how else to implement assimilation, otherwise than via GM and GD, and because I never intended it, I worry how much it'll break :p But maybe a 'Assimilate Colony', 'Annex City'-esque button with particular requirements will suffice.
EDIT: Oh! And you can unilaterally assimilate all Colonies at once if you use the 'De-Colonization' Decision.

Btw, GM and GD are found in Rise to Power, which you may not be using. They used to be in CID, but RtP needed them.

From my experience, aluminium is not nearly as common as oil, so you might want to reconsider having the Wind Farm require two of them. Specially since it's already used by Solar Plants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom