Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh don't worry about my taking something personally. I merely wanted to explain the matter as I understand it. It is a tricky line to walk between balance, historicity, gameplay, and technical limits, so if something doesn't seem right, I encourage pointing it out regardless.

There are countries which have never experienced slavery?

It may not be 'slavery' but more in terms of 'serfs' or 'servants' for some civilizations in their history. They aren't exactly slaves but they served the same purpose.

I am a woman born in a country that does not and has never known slavery

Are you talk about Canada? I see that's where your profile says you're currently located, but I don't know whether that's where you were born. If we are talking about Canada, there is a history of slavery there. Not as bad as its neighbor to the south, it is a history that is long, far-reaching and still leaves its mark on the world.

The French and later the British used the word pani to refer to indigenous peoples enslaved in Canada and New England. If this sounds familiar, it's because the name lingers on as Pawnee. They weren't the only victims of the pani trade, of course (nor were they only victims - they were engaged in slave raids themselves). The slave trade into Canada reached as far as the Southwest and Southern Plains, as Apache slaves were shipped back to Montreal. To Canada's credit, they did start tearing down the slave trade after the British took over and had it abolished completely by 1833.

This reminds me, though. JFD, any way we could get something akin to an Iroquoian option for dealing with "slaves"? Something about adopting war captives - expending Shackles to increase a City's population.

No you can't - how dare you! Guards!
Of course you can :p

Thank you, I just want to be a good and useful Citizen of the Emperor :mischief:

I think it does - I'll take a look.

Thank you. I'm fine if it overrides it, just wanted to know it and making sure there are no shenanigans that making those high prices.

I think the upcoming changes will render these issues obsolete, although, yes, 6 Pop should've = 6% (doesn't sound like it was working correctly though). Because the changes will impact raw Food, you will see when your city is starving as a result, and can react to it a bit more fluidly (such as pursuing extra Food to compensate for the loss until the Plague is over) - it will also be more noticeably impactful. Whether it works is another story, and I hope you'll let me know how it compares when v36 releases (no ETA, but probably this week).

This sounds really good. Not just because it will probably make Plagues more rational, but moreover making options to ease their effect. Also, will it make the city starve then (is there a high chance for it)? Because it would synergize well with the Disloyalty of Starving Citizens, making the game more dynamic and interesting :D (maybe even the starving factor could have a higher number, like 2-3% per Pop?)

Yes, I can do that. I wonder if this is a CBP thing, though, as CBP's Warriors gain a bonus vs. Barbarians. Do others feel the same?

I'd really appreciate it, but I'm curious what others say. I don't think it's tied to CBP, as there was a rebellion where 2 Spearman spawned only, and Warriors were long obsolete. It's just that their number that feels sparse for me. But that could be personal preference ;)

Small typo at the Coal Station on the Wikia: it says "+1 Disease from Oil.", where it should be coal (the icons are correct).

The new Plague icon looks really fancy :D Was it King Sukritact who made it, or his Modjesty expanded his magnificence into arts now as well? :p

Thank you for everything!

What do you do when you've got no internet for a weekend? Run into multiple game-breaking bugs, of course!

List of bugs I came across over the weekend. No complete log, I'm afraid.

• Colonists don't have Faith costs, and so cannot be purchased with the reformation belief.
  • Cannot build Manor - even with enough Towns/Villages.
  • TXT_KEY_CHOOSE_INTERNATIONAL_TRADE_ROUTE_ITEM_INFLUENCE_OTHER
  • Didn't appear to gain GA points from declining Epithet.
  • Claim from Patronage without completing - unless there's another policy that gives it.
  • Colony CityView corrupted - just shows previously viewed CityView
    Code:
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development - EUI Compatibility Files (v 35)\Lua\UI\Overrides\CityView.lua:1712: attempt to index field 'PuppetIcon' (a nil value)
  • Great Magistrate unable to upgrade City (instead has the ability to reclaim)
  • ICC crime modifiers stack - winning makes the limit over 100%
  • CityView just failed in all cities:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 35)\Components\Happiness\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_HappinessUtils.lua:95: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'unitCost' (a nil value) TopPanel: IconHookup error - filename: TechnologyAtlas45_DLC_07.dds numRows: 3 numCols: 3 TopPanel: IconHookup error - icon index: 12 icon size: 45 atlas: TECH_ATLAS_2 image control: TechIcon

Oh, and most importantly:

• Pokerus is missing an accent on the 'e' (Should be Pokérus, or even POKéRUS)

Mod versions:

CP - 18th March hotfix
CID - v35
CID EUI - v35
CulDiv - 6
ExCE - v13
RTP - v20
RTP EUI - v20
(Note that this isn't my complete mod list)

And yes, I know that all these aren't to do with CID, but I can't be bothered to crosspost them.

Chrisy15, did you clear your cache after getting the latest Community Patch Beta? I had a few of those problems myself before I remembered to clear the cache. I haven't had time to do a full check on everything again, but I do know it seems to have fixed the magistrate's not being able to upgrade Cities.

Chrisy15, did you clear your cache after getting the latest Community Patch Beta? I had a few of those problems myself before I remembered to clear the cache. I haven't had time to do a full check on everything again, but I do know it seems to have fixed the magistrate's not being able to upgrade Cities.

Yup, pretty sure I cleared it.

Just noticed a database error:

Code:
[20910.264] near "AND": syntax error

in

Code:
[20910.264] , 					Update Database - Components/Power/Core/Power_ArtDefines.sql, 0.000768

Possibly more important DB error:

Code:
[22987.418] no such table: Units
[22987.418] In Query - SELECT Units.* from Units as u inner join UnitClasses as uc on u.Type = uc.DefaultUnit where uc.Type = ?

Now, this might have nothing to do with you, but I'm interested in it because it appears after Stopwatch has ended.

This sounds really good. Not just because it will probably make Plagues more rational, but moreover making options to ease their effect. Also, will it make the city starve then (is there a high chance for it)? Because it would synergize well with the Disloyalty of Starving Citizens, making the game more dynamic and interesting :D (maybe even the starving factor could have a higher number, like 2-3% per Pop?)

Small typo at the Coal Station on the Wikia: it says "+1 Disease from Oil.", where it should be coal (the icons are correct).

The new Plague icon looks really fancy :D Was it King Sukritact who made it, or his Modjesty expanded his magnificence into arts now as well? :p

Thank you for everything!

It'll make you starve if the amount of Food the Plague subtracts is more than the amount of Food you have. It might be a good idea to increase Disloyalty from Starvation, yeah.

Thanks, will fix.

I just saturated the background in orange :p The 'PLAGUED' text will display in the same colour, so it should be a lot more obvious when you're in a Plague.

What do you do when you've got no internet for a weekend? Run into multiple game-breaking bugs, of course!

List of bugs I came across over the weekend. No complete log, I'm afraid.

• Colonists don't have Faith costs, and so cannot be purchased with the reformation belief.
  • Cannot build Manor - even with enough Towns/Villages.
  • Claim from Patronage without completing - unless there's another policy that gives it.
  • ICC crime modifiers stack - winning makes the limit over 100%
  • CityView just failed in all cities:
    Code:
    Runtime Error: C:\Users\Christopher\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 35)\Components\Happiness\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_HappinessUtils.lua:95: attempt to perform arithmetic on global 'unitCost' (a nil value)

Oh, and most importantly:

• Pokerus is missing an accent on the 'e' (Should be Pokérus, or even POKéRUS)

1. Not true in the code, so maybe something has since broken. Will check.
2. You no longer need Towns/Villages - you need Population + 5/10 Buildings. Did you have the latter?
3. Hm. When I was testing out the Resistance Turns bug, this was my main way of getting a Medium Claim.
4. I know. Not sure this is a problem.

*tells me how to spell Pokérus*

Thanks for the reports! The things I haven't commented on I've already fixed or will look into for v36.

Yup, pretty sure I cleared it.

Just noticed a database error:

Code:
[20910.264] near "AND": syntax error

in

Code:
[20910.264] , 					Update Database - Components/Power/Core/Power_ArtDefines.sql, 0.000768

Possibly more important DB error:

Code:
[22987.418] no such table: Units
[22987.418] In Query - SELECT Units.* from Units as u inner join UnitClasses as uc on u.Type = uc.DefaultUnit where uc.Type = ?

Now, this might have nothing to do with you, but I'm interested in it because it appears after Stopwatch has ended.

These are actually errors relating to Slavery. There should be a timestamp for Slavery_Units as well. But I've since fixed them.

I suppose no one has any reports on experiences with Power? It probably comes too late :p

It'll make you starve if the amount of Food the Plague subtracts is more than the amount of Food you have. It might be a good idea to increase Disloyalty from Starvation, yeah.

Thanks, will fix.

I just saturated the background in orange :p The 'PLAGUED' text will display in the same colour, so it should be a lot more obvious when you're in a Plague.

1. Not true in the code, so maybe something has since broken. Will check.
2. You no longer need Towns/Villages - you need Population + 5/10 Buildings. Did you have the latter?
3. Hm. When I was testing out the Resistance Turns bug, this was my main way of getting a Medium Claim.
4. I know. Not sure this is a problem.

*tells me how to spell Pokérus*

Thanks for the reports! The things I haven't commented on I've already fixed or will look into for v36.

These are actually errors relating to Slavery. There should be a timestamp for Slavery_Units as well. But I've since fixed them.

I suppose no one has any reports on experiences with Power? It probably comes too late :p

2. Nope, couldn't build Manor despite having more than enough buildings.
4. Well, it just seems a bit boring if anything.

TBH, I'd be quite happy if all my cities caught the Pokérus - it isn't exactly a penalty, is it :p

[Edit] Oh, and Power seems good. I don't think it should be in the pre-industrial game, though, since it doesn't really make sense - how can you transport energy from a watermill across half the world? Remove power from Water Mill, Windmill and Workshop, and it'd be fine.

2. Pop, too?
4. How do you mean? The ICC bonus is boring? Or the fact that you get over 100%?

2. Yup. There is code that looks like it still wants the towns and villages, but I think the problem persisted after I removed it, though.

4. The idea of never getting OC seems a bit boring, but in all honesty OC isn't that threatening. I had Mafia in my capital for quite a while, and +4 Crime didn't seem to do much. I'm not sure how much of a trouble Crime is, really - I seemed to tank it quite well, especially when I started to run low on ways to lower it. I'd say it just needs tuning - it's just that tuning it is difficult!

2. That code is there, but isn't active. I'll look into it.
4. Well, sure, but that's for the host of the ICC - so one civ out of X. Keep in mind that Crime is a replacement for the Maintenance system, so it should be comparable in impact. I'll see about increasing the impact of OC, though.

Incidentally, I had a thought about giving Organized Crime different names based on era, but I'm not sure. For one, this might end up being confusing (especially for new users). For another, it's only really Mafia (maybe Terrorists) that are out of place in the Ancient-Renaissance eras. Finally, I can't actually think of anything :p But if anyone has any thoughts...

Incidentally, I had a thought about giving Organized Crime different names based on era, but I'm not sure. For one, this might end up being confusing (especially for new users). For another, it's only really Mafia (maybe Terrorists) that are out of place in the Ancient-Renaissance eras. Finally, I can't actually think of anything :p But if anyone has any thoughts...

If you did add it, I doubt it would be noticed. You just don't get OC very early, and so it wouldn't really be worth the effort.

Since the tooltip change, however, you are aware of OC from game start.

Still, not really worth the effort.

I like the extra detail being added to the Crimes tooltip - as far as I'm concerned, too much information is better than too little information!

You mean the ones I change? You can find them on the wiki, under the various 'Civilization' headings. Unless you mean something else?
Kind of? The list included in that wikia shows a plethora of new civilizations (most of which are not included in CID?), but it doesn't show what the leader/civilization's specialty is or how their components work? Like I said, I could have sworn I found that list somewhere but I can't find it now. :p

Are you talk about Canada? I see that's where your profile says you're currently located, but I don't know whether that's where you were born. If we are talking about Canada, there is a history of slavery there. Not as bad as its neighbor to the south, it is a history that is long, far-reaching and still leaves its mark on the world.
Don't get me wrong, our treatment of the indigenous peoples in this country (yes Canada) continues to disgust me to this day. We still have failed to recognize our behaviours that have led to the subjugation of an entire once-proud culture. I am by no means looking down my nose.

Can confirm I can't biuld manor too. And if I use Great Magistrate to upgrade city, on sity banner during game it will show more advanced level, but in city view it shows still lowest level. Speaking of which I found that city view (with EUI amd compatibility files) works okay until researching Guilds, so now I can choose to manifacture gold. And after I save the game and reload it city view just broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom