Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that you've said that this building will not be as powerful as the aqueduct; however, I am wondering whether or not this will take any kind of strategy/decision making away from where a player settles their cities.

It's my own personal preference to seek out rivers first when settling, because I feel like it becomes essential to warding off plagues. Once I developed my own little strategy to fight plagues, it really amped up my enjoyment level. But, the same with the mountain/observatory opportunity, would not a little flavor be lost when deciding where to settle? If every tile has the same relative benefits as any other, why bother considering where to expand?

I'm pretty sure it won't affect that sort of decision-making in the long run. I doubt a single building will mitigate Disease building up - Plagues will still creep in. Instead, it will actually open up options for the player who otherwise would be forced to settle solely on rivers. River cities will still be superior thanks to Water Mills, Hydro Plants, Gardens and such. Even the Horse Mill that is an alternative to Water Mill is inferior (less yields, requires a resource, comes later).

The dropbox link for your CID v40 says that the file is either deleted or moved.

I play marathon if you still need someone for that.

Good. I'd appreciate your thoughts after the next update, on whether you feel Plagues for Marathon are punishingly frequent.

The dropbox link for your CID v40 says that the file is either deleted or moved.

Fixed the link, thanks.

Some bugs to report sadly:

1. For some reason, my units can't attack. They can if I just select to move them into an enemy unit, but the attack option can't be selected. I'm not sure if it has to do with the weird interface bug I'm experiencing.

2. The cost of social policies doesn't increase for me. It's stayed at 25 after adopting 3 policies.

3. Isn't really important, and it's a RtP issue, but when I researched pottery, it said that it unlocks the shrine, even though it's been moved to mysticism. Just a description typo (I checked the civlopedia, and it seems to be there too.)

Which logs do you need again? Apologies for asking that a lot, but it always slips my mind.

These issues you're having are really disconcerting. Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game?

3. Thanks, will fix.

I don't think logs will really help here, but Lua could give some insight, perhaps.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by verifying integrity? I don't think I've done that before.

I tried out a game to see any differences. Noticed that after at least 4-5 policies, the count started to increase. Still, really made things too easy in the start. Attack bug is still there too. Also, on a related note, I noticed that in this game, and the last one or two, I never found any tribes. That could just be a coincidence, and I never searched the entire map in either (only mapped out the areas right outside my borders.) Still, figured I should mention it.

As for the Lua:
http://www.beetxt.com/3jA/

I had the same mods as earlier enabled (TAL, CP, E&D, EE, CulDiv, CiD, RtP, ExCE, Historical Religions Complete, More Luxuries+Pantheons, and also had the Community City-State Master Mod enabled, though I doubt it affected it since it mostly just adds city-states if I remember. No custom civs, and also, I haven't updated the CulDiv soundtrack like you said to a day or two ago (it takes 3 hours for me, so I need to visit a friend with faster internet.)

If worse comes to worse, I can try-uninstalling the game sometime (Though that might have to be in a week or two, classes still going on and whatnot. That and I'll have to re-download a lot of mods, and do the minor fixes I normally do [Fixing Israel to be in Semitic instead of Mesopotamic, turning of E&D's events, etc.])

Again, I thank you for being patient with me. :D I was worried all this bug-reporting would drive you crazy.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by verifying integrity? I don't think I've done that before.

I tried out a game to see any differences. Noticed that after at least 4-5 policies, the count started to increase. Still, really made things too easy in the start. Attack bug is still there too. Also, on a related note, I noticed that in this game, and the last one or two, I never found any tribes. That could just be a coincidence, and I never searched the entire map in either (only mapped out the areas right outside my borders.) Still, figured I should mention it.

As for the Lua:
http://www.beetxt.com/3jA/

I had the same mods as earlier enabled (TAL, CP, E&D, EE, CulDiv, CiD, RtP, ExCE, Historical Religions Complete, More Luxuries+Pantheons, and also had the Community City-State Master Mod enabled, though I doubt it affected it since it mostly just adds city-states if I remember. No custom civs, and also, I haven't updated the CulDiv soundtrack like you said to a day or two ago (it takes 3 hours for me, so I need to visit a friend with faster internet.)

If worse comes to worse, I can try-uninstalling the game sometime (Though that might have to be in a week or two, classes still going on and whatnot. That and I'll have to re-download a lot of mods, and do the minor fixes I normally do [Fixing Israel to be in Semitic instead of Mesopotamic, turning of E&D's events, etc.])

Again, I thank you for being patient with me. :D I was worried all this bug-reporting would drive you crazy.

See here about verifying your game. The lua logs didn't show anything. Let me know how it goes after verifying the game.

v42:
  • Reduced Disease from Trade Routes, and City Connections to 10% (from 20%).
  • Added support for Events in the Happiness breakdown.
  • Fixed an couple of Lua errors.
  • Horse Mill now unlocks at Machinery.
  • Aqueducts now increase Health on Lake Tiles.
  • Fixed an issue wherein unique Aqueducts would not gain Health on River Tiles.
  • Unique Aqueducts will now show that they yield Health on Rivers and Lakes.
  • Aqueducts may now only be built next to a river.
  • Added Cistern, which may only be built when not next to a river. Increases Health of Lake Tiles and yields +2 Health, as well as the 40% food stockpile. With the CBP, the Cistern is a standalone building that simply increases a city's Health and requires the city to not be on a river. Don't ask me to adapt the Cistern/Aqueduct dichotomy to CBP, please, as CBP's changes to the Aqueduct are too cumbersome.
  • Pont du Gard now requires a river.
  • Tradition Finisher now grants free Aqueducts OR Cisterns in your first 4 cities (if this user setting is disabled, but Cisterns are enabled, it will grant 4 Aqueducts only in river cities).
  • Default Plague threshold now scales with game speed (300/200/150/100). I can bump this up a bit if need be, but I encourage playtests at this level first, what with the introduction of the Cistern and the Lake Health.
  • Fixed a discrepency between the Building_JFD_HelpTexts support for Building tooltips and Buildings as presented in the civilopedia.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Colonists could be purchased for 1 Shackle.
  • Fixed an issue wherein Colonists and Workers (non-Peasants) could not be purchased with Gold.
  • Fixed an issue wherein unique Workers would be renamed to Peasants (e.g. the Harappan Bullock Cart).
  • Fixed an issue wherein a Peasant upgraded into a Worker would not change graphics.
  • Fixed an issue wherein the Worker could not build Railroads.
  • Re-enabled Drill Academy for now. It now allows the purchase and raising of Levies in Colonies, whilst also providing +20% Loyalty. Not convinced the puppet AI will build it, so please let me know your XPs, and I'll consider alternative arrangements.

EUI Comp.

Anyone have any trouble purchasing Levies? I couldn't recreate the report I had with some trouble with it.

I'm going to leave the Slave Worker change for another day. I'm positively exhausted atm and I will have to consider the Slave Worker change more carefully - such as where it'll go, how to make it only purchaseable via Shackles (not as easy as might be thunk). But I did want to get this update out now, so people can test the Health changes.

Fantastic update. :) Thanks for all the work, going to start a new game tonight and test the changes. The usual problem is, which civ to take. :lol:

2. The cost of social policies doesn't increase for me. It's stayed at 25 after adopting 3 policies.

I have encountered the same thing, but I am genuinely unsure if this is a problem with some of JFD's mods (dummy policies influencing policy cost) or if it's a CP tweak. Regardless, after the initial 3 policies the cost goes up, and even though you can finish either Tradition or Liberty by turn 40-50, the costs after that ramp up significantly and if you don't take care of your culture, you will fall behind other civs in social policy count. I'd say after those few policies it goes back to normal, both when it comes to policy costs, and how many you would be able to enact in an unmodded game.

I have encountered the same thing, but I am genuinely unsure if this is a problem with some of JFD's mods (dummy policies influencing policy cost) or if it's a CP tweak. Regardless, after the initial 3 policies the cost goes up, and even though you can finish either Tradition or Liberty by turn 40-50, the costs after that ramp up significantly and if you don't take care of your culture, you will fall behind other civs in social policy count. I'd say after those few policies it goes back to normal, both when it comes to policy costs, and how many you would be able to enact in an unmodded game.

I'll keep an eye on this then. I haven't noticed it myself, but then I use a minimal load order when working on my mods, and I don't pay the closest of attention.

• Tradition Finisher now grants free Aqueducts OR Cisterns in your first 4 cities (if this user setting is disabled, but Cisterns are enabled, it will grant 4 Aqueducts only in river cities).

:p

/praisehelix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom