Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really hard to imagine what the issue is without seeing it :/

Clemenceau issues are because one of the mods you're using has set up CulDiv support improperly (looking at Malayasia, Australia, or Vietnam - try updating the middle one.)

Did you disable Colonies, or Province Levies?

Will update those. I did disable Province Levies and Slavery for the time being, sorry should have mentioned that.

Thanks for looking it over!

Will update those. I did disable Province Levies and Slavery for the time being, sorry should have mentioned that.

Thanks for looking it over!

Ah, that's it then. I accidentally tied the Governor's Mansion building class (necessary for the building itself to function) to the levies user setting being active. I'll fix this in the next update, but, in the meantime, re-enabling it should fix your problem temporarily. You can keep Slavery disabled though.

Ok, well, I feel stupid. When I saw your post, I though maybe I should try and get a screenshot again. The F12 on my laptop toggles the internet connection, so it never worked for me beforehand. Well, low and behold, I finally got it to work after a few rapid clicks.

Apologies for not realizing this sooner. In my defense, every time I tried before, it just shut off the connection without taking a screenshot. Guess it just took a bit of rapidity. :p

Attachments

• Bug.jpg
    Bug.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 153
Hello there JFD, started a fresh game with your mods. Worked fine till some 146 turns & suddenly i realized that Hagia Sophia already built by Poland was available in prod. list. Tried to clear cache & now when i reloaded save file the city prod, list as well as other status like dsease/loyalty has glitched.
Tried loading much earlier saves to no avail. Other things like piety are working fine tho. Possibly some problem with Cid/Eui ??

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    340.7 KB · Views: 100
Ah, that's it then. I accidentally tied the Governor's Mansion building class (necessary for the building itself to function) to the levies user setting being active. I'll fix this in the next update, but, in the meantime, re-enabling it should fix your problem temporarily. You can keep Slavery disabled though.

Ahh alrighty will do. Any idea on the decision not showing up for some civs?

Just quick aside I disabled levies because I found that it seemed really imbalaced when you got levies from city state allies as well as major civilizations (I feel like I read this had been changed). And slavery I found that I fell very far behind because of how slow the peasant improved my infrastructure compared to the immortal ai. I've been planning to write up a thing with all of my thoughts on your mods, cause they're great and I really enjoy playing with them, and feedback is usually good.

Thanks for the help!

Ahh alrighty will do. Any idea on the decision not showing up for some civs?

Just quick aside I disabled levies because I found that it seemed really imbalaced when you got levies from city state allies as well as major civilizations (I feel like I read this had been changed). And slavery I found that I fell very far behind because of how slow the peasant improved my infrastructure compared to the immortal ai. I've been planning to write up a thing with all of my thoughts on your mods, cause they're great and I really enjoy playing with them, and feedback is usually good.

Thanks for the help!

Yup, that was a bug and, since I haven't heard about it in a couple of months, I assume my fix worked.

Re: Slavery, I would appreciate your thoughts, definitely. For one, we may find a more comfortable compromise that benefits both lower and higher level difficulties (I'm not really sure at what level most people play with my mods, so it's usually difficult to gauge what's a general issue). Otherwise, I can probably make the Peasant > Worker | Slave Worker system disableable - especially with the Slave Worker expected to become a counterpart to the Peasant instead of the Worker. That way you at least have the option to use Slavery for its other features.

Hello there JFD, started a fresh game with your mods. Worked fine till some 146 turns & suddenly i realized that Hagia Sophia already built by Poland was available in prod. list. Tried to clear cache & now when i reloaded save file the city prod, list as well as other status like dsease/loyalty has glitched.
Tried loading much earlier saves to no avail. Other things like piety are working fine tho. Possibly some problem with Cid/Eui ??

Come back to me with your logs, please. Not sure it's a good idea to clear the cache on a save.

Ok, well, I feel stupid. When I saw your post, I though maybe I should try and get a screenshot again. The F12 on my laptop toggles the internet connection, so it never worked for me beforehand. Well, low and behold, I finally got it to work after a few rapid clicks.

Apologies for not realizing this sooner. In my defense, every time I tried before, it just shut off the connection without taking a screenshot. Guess it just took a bit of rapidity. :p

I've never encountered this - this is really odd. Has anyone else XPed this? I'll see if I can trace it in the UnitPanel.lua file when I get a chance, though I can't guarantee I'll figure this out.

Yup, that was a bug and, since I haven't heard about it in a couple of months, I assume my fix worked.

Re: Slavery, I would appreciate your thoughts, definitely. For one, we may find a more comfortable compromise that benefits both lower and higher level difficulties (I'm not really sure at what level most people play with my mods, so it's usually difficult to gauge what's a general issue). Otherwise, I can probably make the Peasant > Worker | Slave Worker system disableable - especially with the Slave Worker expected to become a counterpart to the Peasant instead of the Worker. That way you at least have the option to use Slavery for its other features.

Hmm, alright. I'm about to start a new game now and I'll check to see if the decisions are working for me. I realized I hadn't updated to V2, so maybe that was the thing.

I did try to edit the code to just bump the peasant working speed up to 100 and the Slave to 125 but I think I ended up breaking the code lol. If you could make it disableable that would be nice for me, since I really like the idea of shackles. Or maybe I should just enable it, tone the difficulty down and suck it up lol. Most of my pressing concerns about health though I think have been addressing in this new version (trade routes being super punishing and the health problems for non-river cities).

I will say though that I do like how power/rivers limit the amount of early workshops you can get and really forces you to prioritize them rather than just tossing them up everywhere you can, which had been my previous strategy. This was awkward with the increased infrastructure demands that came with health, but that had more to do with me not knowing exactly how to manage health I think than the workshop problem (since I did try it out a couple times with health off, and I did enjoy the gameplay). I always thought that rivers were weaker in game than in history also so this helps.

Anyways, thanks for what you do for the community! Excited to try out v42!

Come back to me with your logs, please. Not sure it's a good idea to clear the cache on a save.

Oh crap, i have already deleted all the saves. Thought the error was most probably related to either Cid-eui comp. files or i was loading the mods in the wrong order{but hey,game worked like a charm for 100 straight turns so i must be wrong}. Thanks for the reply.

JFD i wanna thank you first for ignoring my post,second i found problem.When disable provinces game crashes,when enable works fine,but i coudn't update my city without GM to next province level,cus i coudn't build manor.Also it slows my game good. When you update to next versio CiD,look in that code,i don't really like playing with provinces,but everything else looks fine.

JFD i wanna thank you first for ignoring my post,second i found problem.When disable provinces game crashes,when enable works fine,but i coudn't update my city without GM to next province level,cus i coudn't build manor.Also it slows my game good. When you update to next versio CiD,look in that code,i don't really like playing with provinces,but everything else looks fine.

Genuinely don't want to always spend my spare time bugfixing users' setups. So sometimes I ignore issues that I can't quickly identify so that I can get some work done on actual modding - i.e. Sovereignty. I have a lot of things to manage - not just modding - at once; lot of people asking questions - not all relevant - so don't take it personally that I must be selective in what I reply to, at least straight away.

Now trying to find that emo lyric about this exact situation is driving me crazy :crazyeye:

I'm trying to download the newest CiD version from dropbox, but it says that "File can't be found, the file you're searching for has been moved or deleted"(it's a rough translation from Polish to English, so it might be worded a bit differentely for English-users)

First off, I went through the usual bug checking (clearing cache, using only essential mods, reinstalling, etc...) and the bug is persistent. The only mods I'm using are JFD's CID (v42) downloaded on may 3rd, 2016. And the NON-EUI version of CBP (files 1,2,3,4,5,6b) downloaded on may 14th, 2016, after the latest update.

When I'm loading up the world for the first time, my screen get's interrupted with 6 screens that says "Unable to load texture [assets\UI\Art\notification\notificationeventglow.dds]" or something similar to that (screen shot included).

Then, when I just click ok and power through the notifications, my screen looks a little off (bar's not where they should be, nothing too major) (screen shot included). But the real bug is that I can't open the city production menu at all. Neither clicking on the large circle icon (which has been moved and doesn't work at all) or the city banner (screen shot included) actually allows me to open the production screen. This prevents me from ending the first turn of the game.

Looking through the Lua log files (both lua and database files included), I noticed (on the last lines of the file) that one of your lua files references GetEventCityYield (on line 1854 of infoToolTipInclude.lua). It claims this value doesn't exist.

Now interestingly enough I've encountered a very similar problem before when I first tried to download the EUI version of CBP. I couldn't open the production screen and get past turn 1. I looked all over the internet and found no solution. The only thing that worked was deleting the files and downloading the NON-EUI version of CBP instead. For some reason EUI doesn't work for me, and I think there is a similar problem going on here where your mod is trying to reference something in the EUI version of CBP.

So anyone who could help me, that would me great. I know there are some other people with the same problem as me since I've heard the problem before but never seen a solution.
Thank you.

*update: I just tried your rise to power mod in conjunction with cultural diffusion and CBP. I had the exact same screen popups that say unable to load texture. This time, I was able to load the construction menu, but the whole map was flickering a lot (a problem I've never seen before). I guess this means that there are actually 2 different problems?

Attachments

• 2016-05-03 (4).jpg
    2016-05-03 (4).jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 79
  • lua 2.txt
    52.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Database 2.txt
    7.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 2016-05-03 (1).png
    2016-05-03 (1).png
    11.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2016-05-03 (2).jpg
    2016-05-03 (2).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 59
First off, I went through the usual bug checking (clearing cache, using only essential mods, reinstalling, etc...) and the bug is persistent. The only mods I'm using are JFD's CID (v42) downloaded on may 3rd, 2016. And the NON-EUI version of CBP (files 1,2,3,4,5,6b) downloaded on may 14th, 2016, after the latest update.

When I'm loading up the world for the first time, my screen get's interrupted with 6 screens that says "Unable to load texture [assets\UI\Art\notification\notificationeventglow.dds]" or something similar to that (screen shot included).

Then, when I just click ok and power through the notifications, my screen looks a little off (bar's not where they should be, nothing too major) (screen shot included). But the real bug is that I can't open the city production menu at all. Neither clicking on the large circle icon (which has been moved and doesn't work at all) or the city banner (screen shot included) actually allows me to open the production screen. This prevents me from ending the first turn of the game.

Looking through the Lua log files (both lua and database files included), I noticed (on the last lines of the file) that one of your lua files references GetEventCityYield (on line 1854 of infoToolTipInclude.lua). It claims this value doesn't exist.

Now interestingly enough I've encountered a very similar problem before when I first tried to download the EUI version of CBP. I couldn't open the production screen and get past turn 1. I looked all over the internet and found no solution. The only thing that worked was deleting the files and downloading the NON-EUI version of CBP instead. For some reason EUI doesn't work for me, and I think there is a similar problem going on here where your mod is trying to reference something in the EUI version of CBP.

So anyone who could help me, that would me great. I know there are some other people with the same problem as me since I've heard the problem before but never seen a solution.
Thank you.

*update: I just tried your rise to power mod in conjunction with cultural diffusion and CBP. I had the exact same screen popups that say unable to load texture. This time, I was able to load the construction menu, but the whole map was flickering a lot (a problem I've never seen before). I guess this means that there are actually 2 different problems?

You need the latest beta version of the CP (from April 23).

Hey everyone, I'm working on adding support for this mod into my mods. Thing is, one of my civs overrides the ProductionPopup.lua file to make a UU Great Prophet appear properly (and I'll need it again later for an Inquisitor UU). Right now, I'm using Leugi's custom Great Prophet and Missionary workarounds here.

I'm wondering how I can make my mod compatible with this one. Does CiD account for custom religious units at all (looking through the code it doesn't seem to)? Since my mod's version of the file is purely for cosmetic changes, it's fine being overridden or excluded, especially if CiD's version accounts for those changes; considering my mod would reference CiD for mod support, how might I go about making it not override ProductionPopup.lua, at least for a short-term solution?

I'm very happy that Tradition's finisher in CBP affects Sanatorium too, but Aesthetic's policy and Reformation belief which affect ALL GP improvements don't affect Sanatorium.

Therefore, when I adopt Aesthetic and choose the Reformation belief Sanatorium is very disappointing me unlike the others.

Please, my MODjesty. Fix this problem for better CID experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom