Citizen Management affects Border Expansion Bias?

metatheory

Chieftain
I'm playing as Attila and I have an extremely good start for science victory. The cap has great potential for balanced production and pop growth. It is situated in between 2 rivers and with just a few jungle tiles as to not be a nuisance. The next expansion site is river/mountain/desert with tons of desert hills. The 3rd expansion is on a jungle river, next to a mountain. Absolutely nuts! I've never seen a start like it.

I've restarted a few times because I really want to go for my science victory record and that means I want Hanging Gardens in my cap with Petra in my nearest expansion. I've restarted a few times to get this done :)

And to it... I've noticed that as I have been swapping my citizen focus from production to food it seems to be affecting what tile I get for culture border expansion. (i.e. swapping to production focus gets me a hill while food focus gets me a plains)

Could be coincidence so I'm curious if anyone else has noticed this?

I haven't noticed it, but it makes sense as a hill provides production, but plains provide more food.

I'd be amazed if it does. Good players will have assigned tiles with a production bias most of the time to take advantage of the game mechanics, so they would notice earlier hills/forests if there was one. As it is, these two types of tiles still take ages to get.

Top Bottom