• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Can you explain this: "I figured out how to do the height maps on the decal, so transparency for the decal is a go " ?
Whenever I tried to do a decal with transparency before, it looked bad because the surrounding terrain was "stamped flat", showing the borders of the texture and making the transparent parts unnaturally flat. By including a height map, only the parts that are supposed to be flat are flat... let me demonstrate:
Spoiler :

Glad you guys like it. :)

Attached the files for it. It contains all files needed (I consolidated the roof and building textures into one) and the blend-file (it might come in handy some day, who knows), so you don't need any of the previous files and you can get rid of the blend file.

Same size/scale etc., so swapping out the files into the same place should work as long as you add the extra files to the VFS (like I forgot to for ages... :blush: ).

No screenshot because it's pretty much the same as on the last image I posted (the heightmap comparison), just cleaned up the files a bit and made the trees a bit less glossy so they look more like the trees in existing improvements (Customs House, Landmark).

Attachments

• Embassy.zip
    239.5 KB · Views: 68
So I tried CSD to get what the hype is about...

Unfortunately, I seem to run into the "cannot chose any building for the build queue in the first city"-bug. Now I've looked a bit around and tried various way of installation but can't seem to find where I got wrong. So let me try and ask if this a known issue before losing too much time ;)

are you using enhanced user interface? I had that issue when trying to use it with CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF, but EUI+CSD can be made compatible with a couple edits, I'm playing it now with no issues.

[to_xp]Gekko;13375965 said:
are you using enhanced user interface? I had that issue when trying to use it with CP+CBP+CSD+C4DF, but EUI+CSD can be made compatible with a couple edits, I'm playing it now with no issues.

Yeah CSD kills EUI, which is actually really sad considering EUI is the greatest thing that ever was and ever will be

it's a great mod but it seems like it's intended for 1080p displays? it's a bit cluttered at 720p although still a huge improvement. hopefully they will address this later.

for EUI+CSD, you need to remove CSD's CityView.lua, TopPanel.lua, DiploList.lua and InfoTooltipInclude.lua from its ...\Assets\UI\... folder.

All of those because yes I was, then I removed cityview.lua since that is the only thing mentioned in the opening post of this thread.

I then removed EUI completely and tried another time, it didn't help and then I had to leave.

I'll try again when I get back as I do think it's some option I changed sometimes... We'll see :) thanks for the hint

All of those because yes I was, then I removed cityview.lua since that is the only thing mentioned in the opening post of this thread.

I then removed EUI completely and tried another time, it didn't help and then I had to leave.

I'll try again when I get back as I do think it's some option I changed sometimes... We'll see :) thanks for the hint
You might have some other conflicting mod(CSD is kinda picky that way).

Considering that CSD is four years older than EUI, I'd say that EUI kills CSD. ;)
I would watch myself if I was you, some might find your comment to be blasphemous to the great and allmightly EUI ^^

try removing from CBP's LUA: TopPanel.Lua , CityView.Lua and CityStateStatusHelper.lua

then remove from C4DF/UI/Ingame : DiploList.Lua, TopPanel.lua

alongside with the CSD removals I've mentioned earlier

this should work, let me know if it does :D

Not saying this is a bug or anything, it is a feature, but it would be nice if the embassy connected strategic resources just like all other GreatTileImprovements.

Not saying this is a bug or anything, it is a feature, but it would be nice if the embassy connected strategic resources just like all other GreatTileImprovements.

I had it that way originally, but the way CSs handle resources meant that players could accidentally get oil, uranium, aluminum, etc. from the CS in 100AD if they plopped the embassy down on an unrevealed SR. :)

G

I had it that way originally, but the way CSs handle resources meant that players could accidentally get oil, uranium, aluminum, etc. from the CS in 100AD if they plopped the embassy down on an unrevealed SR. :)

G

And now you can accidently blocked uranimum, aluminum, oil, etc permanently instead. No idea which is worse actually.

Is this fully compatible with Community Patch Project? I hate messing around with word files.

Is this fully compatible with Community Patch Project? I hate messing around with word files.

Yes, it is 100% compatible (I'm the lead on both). Use the version in the 'How to Install' thread, though, as it is already setup to work as needed w/o editing.

G

Hey fellow civ's
First of i'd like to thank the person who thought up such a brilliant idea for this mod!

So here is my problem, I got 3 city states "fairly" close to me, and 2 of them got sacked by barbarians. And I kind of panicked and thought "Hey I should just liberate them and be the good guy" but yeah. Now I got the 2 cities and I dont really see any option to liberate it and give them back to the citystate. Will they revolt by themselves or what is to happen ? Is the citystate lost for good ?
It would really suck if they are lost, since I kinda need them for income and resources. And I dont want more cities to control.

I tried to see if there were an answer to it on the first few pages, but I didnt seem to find anything. So if some kind soul would be so kind and tell me what can/should be done in such a situation ?

Regards
A troubled "conquerer"

Top Bottom