City State Diplomacy Mod (Updated)

Thanks for the answer. But it doesn't work for me. I included a savegame if that helps.
Neither by tooltip nor the real decay per turn I see a difference between city states with trade routes or without.

Maybe it is because I play only with the Community Patch, but not together with the Balance Patch?

EDIT:
That savegame is from the January 9th version, which doesn't seem to be compatible (crash to desktop) with the latest version.

If you are using the CP, but not the CBP, you need to download Whoward's enabler mod for CSD (the CP follows the same restrictions as Whoward's combined DLL) (http://www.picknmixmods.com/mods/a12c1ffc-58c4-4197-bc12-320533ecee53/mod.html

G

Ah! Thanks. And now I see the same question answered last months on the last page of the install thread.

Ah! Thanks. And now I see the same question answered last months on the last page of the install thread.

In my oppinion it is time for a new Q&A in the "Frequently asked Questions" section of the "How to install thread" like:

I want to use only the Community Batch with City States Diplomacy, what should I pay attention to?
If you are using the CP, but not the CBP, you need to download Whoward's enabler mod for CSD (you do not have to install Whoward's combined DLL, too. The features of the DLL are already merged in the CP).

I'm not sure how many guys will read the whole How to Install thing. In my oppinion the group of people in the internet, who are rushing throught the page looking for the download link is rising.. But then you can say "Hey it's written here!" :rolleyes:

In my oppinion it is time for a new Q&A in the "Frequently asked Questions" section of the "How to install thread" like:

I want to use only the Community Batch with City States Diplomacy, what should I pay attention to?
If you are using the CP, but not the CBP, you need to download Whoward's enabler mod for CSD (you do not have to install Whoward's combined DLL, too. The features of the DLL are already merged in the CP).

I'm not sure how many guys will read the whole How to Install thing. In my oppinion the group of people in the internet, who are rushing throught the page looking for the download link is rising.. But then you can say "Hey it's written here!" :rolleyes:

I reorganized the How to Install thread earlier, putting Civ IV DF in a more clear location (as it is on by default) and creating a custom enabler (based on Whoward's) for CP + CSD. Should cut down on issues.

G

I'm confused about the compatibility notes for this mod. It says:

If you are using Enhanced User Interface by bc1:
Delete the CityView.lua file from the following folder:
C:\Users\~\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 20)\Assets\UI\InGame\CityView

That's exactly what I did, with the following result:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377796443

As you can see, two different tooltips are overlapping, so there seem to be some compatibility issues.

When checking the compatibility notes for the Enhanced UI mod, however, it says:
City-State Diplomacy Mod v23: should work provided you remove CSD's own CityView.lua, TopPanel.lua, and InfoTooltipInclude.lua from its ...\Assets\UI\... folder (EUI DLC's CityView.lua and TopPanel.lua are compatible with CSD, the reverse is not true)

The creator of the EUI mod tells you to delete two additional files from this mod, and not just the CityView.lua file. Would deleting those two files solve the problem (and would it remove features from this mod?), or am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: By the way, I'm not using any other mods.

I'm confused about the compatibility notes for this mod. It says:

That's exactly what I did, with the following result:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=377796443

As you can see, two different tooltips are overlapping, so there seem to be some compatibility issues.

When checking the compatibility notes for the Enhanced UI mod, however, it says:

The creator of the EUI mod tells you to delete two additional files from this mod, and not just the CityView.lua file. Would deleting those two files solve the problem (and would it remove features from this mod?), or am I doing something wrong here?

Edit: By the way, I'm not using any other mods.

Check out the EUI Compatibility files thread. Skodkim just posted a file with better instructions.
G

Check out the EUI Compatibility files thread. Skodkim just posted a file with better instructions.
G

That's only for the version of the mod without the DLL though. As far as I understand your original post, that version has less features, doesn't it?

That's only for the version of the mod without the DLL though. As far as I understand your original post, that version has less features, doesn't it?

Sorry, I misread your post and assumed that, since you are posting in the Community Patch Project subforum, that you are using the Community Patch as well.

Support for CSD (by itself) and EUI should function out of the box, so follow bc1's instructions and delete whatever files he informs you to.

G

Sorry, I misread your post and assumed that, since you are posting in the Community Patch Project subforum, that you are using the Community Patch as well.

I found this thread through Google and thought this was simply the thread for this mod. I didn't even notice the sub-forum. Sorry for the confusion.

Support for CSD (by itself) and EUI should function out of the box, so follow bc1's instructions and delete whatever files he informs you to.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I'll try that then.

Can diplomats be made unbuyable, or some one tell me how to mod it myself? Seems to defeat the main goal of this mod, of gold not equaling influence.

I cannot complete antiquity site quests every time I excavate the targeted site.
A notification says "Site excavated by someone else!".

Hi, great mod!

have everyone else have the same error in localization.xml?

Spoiler :

[9249.626] ERR: Missing argument 1. (You may gift this City-State a combat unit from anywhere on the map. It will take {1_TurnsUntilArrival} Turns to arrive, and you may not send another gift until it does. Once it does arrive, you will gain {2_Influence} [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence.)
[9249.626] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. You may gift this City-State a combat unit from anywhere on the map. It will take {1_TurnsUntilArrival} Turns to arrive, and you may not send another gift until it does. Once it does arrive, you will gain {2_Influence} [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence.
[9249.626] ERR: Missing argument 1. (Gift a Unit - will earn {1_Influence} [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence)
[9249.626] ERR: Failed to evaluate parameter 1. Gift a Unit - will earn {1_Influence} [ICON_INFLUENCE] Influence

I have a problem. When I build the Scrivener's Office, it spawns a new great diplomat every turn. How can I fix this? I'm running a lot of other mods, including the whoward's 'DLL - Various Mod Components' mod. I really wanna keep it running :(

I have a problem. When I build the Scrivener's Office, it spawns a new great diplomat every turn. How can I fix this? I'm running a lot of other mods, including the whoward's 'DLL - Various Mod Components' mod. I really wanna keep it running :(

You can't use CSD with whoward's DLL - Various Mod Components mod, as both have a DLL, and they overwrite each other. As such, you'll need to switch to the Combined DLL version of Whoward's DLL, or to the Community Patch DLL, and use one of the 'enabler' files to make them function. I'd recommend moving to the Community Patch + CSD, but that's just me.

G

I have a suggestion. Or request. Maybe both :)
Right now there is absolutely no use for Great Diplomats, if there are no City States in the game.
If they were all conquered, or you play a game completely without CSs, you cannot ever use up your Great Diplomats in a meaningful way.
You can only spy with them inside rival territory or have to delete them to save gpt in unit maintenance (for 0 gold, as you don't get money after disbanding Great People)

Could you add another use for them against/with major civs? Some kind of diplomatic option.
What I had in mind is to increase relations with the given civ, inside whom border you are using up your unit.
Some generic good opinion on you, like "past actions have shown your good nature to us" as in Civ IV, or something along these lines.

I have a suggestion. Or request. Maybe both :)
Right now there is absolutely no use for Great Diplomats, if there are no City States in the game.
If they were all conquered, or you play a game completely without CSs, you cannot ever use up your Great Diplomats in a meaningful way.
You can only spy with them inside rival territory or have to delete them to save gpt in unit maintenance (for 0 gold, as you don't get money after disbanding Great People)

Could you add another use for them against/with major civs? Some kind of diplomatic option.
What I had in mind is to increase relations with the given civ, inside whom border you are using up your unit.
Some generic good opinion on you, like "past actions have shown your good nature to us" as in Civ IV, or something along these lines.

If you are using CSD without city-states...I'm confused. This mod is designed to focus on city-states almost exclusively.

G

If you are using CSD without city-states...I'm confused. This mod is designed to focus on city-states almost exclusively.
I guess CSD has enough interesting features to work without city-states nowadays, especially together with the CBP! ;)

But I'd rather see something like the suggested change added to great merchants which are a bit less interesting since Great Diplomats kind of stole their shtick.

G

What if all city states were annexed/conquered? With Austria or Venice in play, for example... There are situations where you cannot use either of the GD abilities, at all.
On a sidenote, the mod has some other very interesting things to offer beyond the city-state enhancements (Congress Projects, UN+Diplomatic Victory improvements, other improvements to delegates/resolutions, Pioneers/Colonists), don't undersell your product ;)
Anyway, I only say that it would be very useful in some scenarios, if there was an option to use your Great Diplomats connected to major civs too, not only city-states.

I guess CSD has enough interesting features to work without city-states nowadays, especially together with the CBP! ;)

Oh, maybe I'm not up-to-date enough?
What interesting features?

But I'd rather see something like the suggested change added to great merchants which are a bit less interesting since Great Diplomats kind of stole their shtick.

I meant to say, are Great Merchant missions also tied to city-states?
I don't really see the point of the restriction here, why cannot they conduct a trade mission with major civs?

Top Bottom