1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CitystyleModMod for FFH

Discussion in 'FfH2 Modmods, Scenarios, and Maps' started by Freya, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

As Valkrionn said, there are no easy way of merging with FFH plus, but if enough people want i make a FF version later on (right now i'm busy with some non-fantasy stuff). Problem with FF is that i don't play it myself and therefore don't really know what the cities should look like for the new civs...any ideas are welcome..

2. Tsukasa

Tsukasa Warlord

how about a preversion of your mod for ff?
    i have no idea how much work this merge would be but is it possible to just include the existing art of your mod to ff and leaving the additional ff civs with the standard art style?

btw: great work

3. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

It would be possible but it would mean alot of tedious xml work...
    I'll might give it a try once i mustered enought curage to delve into the differences between the FF lsystem files and mine..

4. Nicopol

Nicopol Warlord

That would be nice!

5. grrack2886

grrack2886 Chieftain

I shere to change the portaits on some of the civs leads? If so, how would I go about doing that?

6. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

It was a long time since i last did that so i'm not sure if i remember this right, but you need to unpack the pak0.FPK file in the assets folder, for this you will need this program.
    The pak0.FPK file includes all the art FFH uses, now you would be able to search through you're newly unpacked art until you find the folder where the leaderhead pictures are stored. I don't remember exactly where.... The pictures you would like to exchange would probably need to be the same pixel size as the ones you replaced, this should also be done for the small close-up pictures you can see on the foreign advisor screen ingame..

7. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Awesome! How I did miss it?

How did you make the buildings dependent on the era, though? FfH doesn't have eras...

8. Sephi

Sephi Deity

FFH has Eras. They are called religions ;). Not sure if agnostic leaders advance to later eras though.

Anyway, great work Freya :). Two things i noticed so far.

1. Would it be possible to blur the lights of the amurite cities a bit? I prefer your Malakim city lights.
    2. Not sure what is possible, but Ljosalfar Farms on floodplains look a bit, umm well not like farms on floodplains :lol:

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

Sure, but Freya shows "early" and "late" ages in the screenshots... Does she mean "religion-less" and "religious" eras?

10. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

Actually, FfH DOES have some normal eras too. Otherwise you wouldn't have advanced starts. :lol:

11. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Ancient and Classical are the only ones that really work though. Sure, you can start a Medieval game, but then all of the religious techs and even all the techs that require a state religion (except for the Infernal Pact) are known by everyone. Having religions given out randomly, especially to Agnostic leaders, kind of messes things up imo. Of course, trying to do an advanced start in a System Use era causes bigger problems, like loosing before the game starts.

12. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Deity

I wonder how confusing such an experience must be for the poor computer...

13. Kael

Kael Deity

Very cool stuff, great work Freya :goodjob:

14. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

1. Is it the colours you don't like about it or the intensity of the colours?
    2. I don't know any way to use different farm graphics for different terrain type but of anyone know how to do it i can do a different "farm on floodplain graphic" for you..

FFH has ancient, classical, medieval and religious eras....The citysets changes according to the three first eras; ancient, classical and medieval, where the cities in the classical era often is a mix of the ancient and medieval citysets (therefore i only took screenies of the ancient and medieval era citysets). The medieval and all the religion eras share the same graphics..

Thanks!

15. Sephi

Sephi Deity

1 intensity
    2 there are ways, but requires either dll or python. Basically change the farm build on floodplains to another improvement that has same values like the farm except art.

Anyway, I just wanted to give some feedback on this awesome mod, if you perfectly like it the way it is now just focus on something else :)

16. Psychic_Llamas

Psychic_Llamas Wizard in the Making

this is awesome :D i love the elven cities! would you mind if i pinch some of these for the Warhammer Mod?

17. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

Attached Files:

18. Sephi

Sephi Deity

Thanks!

19. bread smith

bread smith Chieftain

can this be used with version FFH2 040y of 040z?

20. Freya

Freya Queen of Lurkers

It can be used with the 0.40z patch!