CitystyleModMod for FFH

That's very beautiful, good work!
Too bad I'm also playing FF... I'll download this anyways, just in case I want to play vanilla FFH.:p

This is awesome, it really give flavour to the improvements. If i get bored of a start i can't help myself to go to the worldbuilder and take a peek at the nations. Even the farmers and miners live in correct buildings.
I especially like the coulourful tents of balseraphs, the treehouse of the elves, the forthouses of the banners and roundhouses of the hippos. This is top score.

I get a Memory Allocation Error using your mod when I load a savegame. If I replace your modified files with base FFH files I can load the game just fine. Maybe my system can't handle your mod. Here is the lsystem log from the last element before the crash
Code:
doLayout for:
  goal:IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION	
DFS for node BLeaf_3x2 artref IMPROVEMENT_PLANTATION
 Visiting node PLOT_ROOT
  DoFinalizeProduction WaterWorkedProd failed
  DoFinalizeProduction LandImprovementProd failed
  DoFinalizeProduction of node's production #1 failed
  DoFinalizeProduction WaterImprovementProd failed
  Exploring node production #0
   Visiting node Node_12x12
    Exploring node production #4
     Visiting node Node_2x1
      Visit failed: ShouldExploreNode returned false
     Visiting node Node_4x4
      Exploring node production #4
       Visiting node Node_4x2
        Exploring production P4x2_E
         Visiting node Node_2x1
          Visit failed: ShouldExploreNode returned false
         Visiting node Node_3x2
          Exploring node production #0
           Visiting node BLeaf_3x2

Hello, I really enjoy this mod mod, but last time I played as calabim, there was a little bug. I build Palisades but they were not shown, instead there only was a red line on the ground, where the palisades should have been. In other civs, like bannor or elohim palisades were shown correctly.

Is there way to solve that problem?

I´m playing ffh2 0.41g

Hi, I have played with your cityset and it was very beautiful! Congratulations on your good work!

Me think it is more appropriate if Khazad's city artstyle is swapped with Luchuirp's. I think that Khazad is the one more into bronze. Furthermore, in my modmod, Khazad got Dwarven Mine improvement (courtesy of Valkrionn). Its graphic is the same with (current) Luchuirp art style :D

Just played your city styles through Orbis and it was beautiful!
I'm playing Orbis now with your City Styles (usually plays FF).
Great Job!

Thanks guys for the critique and help with bughunt!
As for the dwarven mine, i really have to take a look at that, sounds intereting..

At the moment i really have a lot going on IRL (moving to another city and starting a new job and stuff) so at the moment i don't have much time for modding, but when I do again i will certainly take a look at the stuff reported and upgrade the mod.

Things i will look into is a possible convertion for FF, i will try to fix the calabim palisade bug (which i was able to reproduce) and i will upload an optimized version of the mod for better performance...thanks for your patience :)

My citys in which i saw the bug, were built on hills. maybe this problem is connected with the size of the city an the built buildings, because many turns later, when the city grew bigger, the bug disapeared.

Me think it is more appropriate if Khazad's city artstyle is swapped with Luchuirp's.

I think the current styles are fine. The Luchuirp had been decsribed as more steampunkish of the two.

Awesome job and great work!

However, one thing bothers me. The towers with the lights shining out of the windows look really strange at medium distance (which is how they are seen most of the time). It doesn't look like a tower with lights shining out of the windows. The lights look like exceptionally long awnings or some sort of weird flower architecture. I think that pulling back the light beam a bit and making it more of a window glowing rather than a beam effect would look better.

Critisizm first: Blurred light rays from towers look better, at first they looked too out-of-place, with "after" it's quite nice, although I could prefer a version without the rays.
Also I don't like oversized cauldrons in orc cityset. It's too cartoonish.

Praise: Everything except the two points above is terrific and great! I really appreciate your skills and time put into it; great job :D.

Wow, I just played for the first time with this, as the Ljosalfar. Really well done, I loved how it looked. The other civs always looked distinct and amazing. Thanks for making this. I am going to have to agree that the light rays from the towers look a bit off, though. When I first saw the Malakim, I thought they were pinwheels or giant windmills.

Keep up the great work!

Top Bottom