Civ 3 Demogame Website

Hi remember this. I think the projected date for this project to go live was and is 9/15. But it wont happen since no one with the exception of deshelbr has given anything to this project. In fact i havent heard squat since i got those maps. If you want this website to get new players to join you (the Players) have to participate in this dicussion and the building of a website. Now lets get this going so it doesnt sit idle again like it did last game!

Hey Fionn,

zorven will be sending you a Newbie Guide shortly.

I am still working on the FAQ and will get it to you soon, but you are right. It doesn't look like we are going to make deadline.

If you can do me a favor: Your link in the previous post takes us to the All DemoGames link page, but clicking on the Civ3 link doesn't bring up the webpage like it used to. If I had that link, I would be able to better navigate the site and check progress.

I think if we were to see measured results in the form of page updates, it would inspire us to take this thing to completion. I would be able to better assess where we stand and try to delegate tasks from there. But without seeing the site, I don't know what to do really.

For the record, I am not redirecting blame here but instead suggesting a method that would help us all to retain our interest in this inititaive.

My apologies for my part in this, and thanks for continuing to press on. A lesser man would have given up on this already. :)

Well, this will at least help me out a bit. I will look into each page link and lead discussion on it.

Let's leave the go-live date open for now, but do our best to make marked progress within the next week or two. I'll work on rounding up the staff to take this to the next level.

UPDATE!!!!

Staff Page and New Citizens Guide posted on the site.

Next Up: Cartography Center and provinces.

deshelbr: we need province number 5 map. Pretty please :)
also capitoline province needs to be updated.

FionnMcCumhall,

For the Government and Provinces sections, is it you plan that they contain the image maps that deshelbr has been working on, or is there other (written) content that needs to be done as well?

it will contain a small synopsis on the province and the image map with links pointing to city/province threads. As for the goverment page, Just a small synopsis on the department is all we need. Or we should require it in all of the threads for the departments so then i can just point the image map links to the repective thread

By synopsis, do you mean a basic description of their function, or something more narrative?

Having each Leader write a narrative every term is not going to happen. If we include a narrative, we are better off writing one and putting it on the website. I am not sure where to go with these pages in that regard (I don't consider myself "creative"). Otherwise, I could put together these pages. I would just need the href you will be using for deshelbr's images or I could just put in placeholders for you to fill in.

It does not need to be done each term. They will be redone whan a new game starts and new provinces are added in DG4. A breif description about the department needs to be done, Same with the provinces. But for the provinces i would like a small story perhaps about the province that includes when it was formed and such. This involves a bit of RPG as i would like to get people being creative much like they were during DG1.

Im getting the feeling that you do not like my ideas. Im open to different ideas but keep in mind that I am the administrator for the this site and i overall decide what does and doesnt get on the site.

I am not sure why you think I don't like your ideas :confused:

I like the idea of a narrative story to introduce each province or department. My concern was that if you wanted each new governor or leader (every term) to write one that I don't think that would happen.

I can do the brief descriptions and layout the page with placeholders for narration, or you can have one person do the descriptions and narrative, just let me know.

i would like the governors to do this. They need to contribute as well. Its simple and easy and if they choose not to do it then someone else can do it. But this should be a combined effort of each and every person in the dg. I just need the descriptions/narratives once they are done, as i can just plug it into my layout

Ok, I was just looking to help out more. Let me know if there is anything else you want me to do.

What is there? I must be missing something...

Top Bottom