Civ 3 Demogame Website

Originally posted by FionnMcCumhall
A complete FAQ needs to be written. Top links a new person should look at in the forum with a brief description of them, a small about the game page from our humble beginnings in DG1 to current. (text or html, i dont care as long as i can plug it into my editor)

I would like to help, but I am not sure if anybody is currently working on something. Could you post a list of sections that need work and who is working on it. That way we can make sure each section is getting attention, but not duplicate attention.

I also need to know about the constitution of the game, are we revamping it or leaving it as it with CoL so i can make it a webpage for easier access for those that prefer to not access the forum all the time. We also need to discuss weather or not we want to list duties and responsibilities of each position of the government what to do with the goverment graphic and if the direct to the CFC forum profiles of each elected official or to the page with the position description assuming we make one. Direction on pages is necassary or its impossible to build a website.

The Constitution and CoL are as is. You should go with what is currently listed in the Rules thread.

I think the Government section should have deshelbr's graphic and list all positions with an explanation of their duties. I don't see a need for profiles. I suppose an index of links to each leader's current thread would be good (or have deshelbr's image mapped).

I am interested in helping out with the Civ3 Demogame website :).

ok the site is live, and there is a site map, i really dont know what else i need to show you guys for you to contribute to this site. Ive written what id like to see, and im not going to keep repeating myself. Only one person is truly doing work on this site aside from myself and thats deshelbr. the maps and other images ived asked to see, the rest of the site and their pages are there for the taking, choose something and do it or say youll do it and ill make a list. Saying your gonna help and dont add anything to it and this site wont get done

Ok. I will work on Newbie Central - a description of how the game works and how to play. Any suggestions are welcome.

I'd suggest having a basic FAQ along with a seperate catagorized more detailed explination of different aspects of the game.

@ Falcon02 - The site map does show a seperate FAQ from the Newbie Guide.

Whoever chooses to work on the FAQ, there is one here

Thanks, zorven. I will work on FAQ. I had also talked to Fionn about myself being Content Editor. Hopefully , you won't consider it an intrusion to run your first draft by me when it's complete? Let me know if that's a problem. :)

Also, I would like to set a "go live" deadline of September 15th. Does that sound realistic to everyone?

Im still waiting for Fionn's reply to my PM to him about my interest in helping out in the DG Webpage.

Looking at the maps for Esquiline and Capitoline, I don't see Mister Roger's face anywere :D you need have the Deputy Governer recognized somehow in those pictures.

Also, you're missing several mayors in Esquiline and Capitoline. There is a complete mayor/city list on post 2 of Term 4 Esquiline thread, and post 5 or so of the Term 4 Capitoline thread. also, Cyc resigned his post.

I'm only putting up avatars that we can map to a city thread in the forums.

There are several mayors out there that have never posted a city thread. If they want to be added to the maps they need to start a city thread.

I'm giving the two new governors in Quirnial the benefit of the doubt that they will create threads.

Likewise, the deputy governor's avatars would take up space and not have any thread to link to.

If Fionn wants more avatars added regardless of city threads I will take care of it.

Cyc's city thread still exists so until someone else takes it over I think we should leave his avatar up.

no we dont need more avatars on the maps.

Also if this site is to be finished by sept 15 some need to get the ball running and at least show me their work up to date. Id hate to get it all on september 14 and have to put a whole site together in one night, that sucks.

Fionn,

Looks like some of the borders might be changing, so I might have to update the maps again as well as add a Province #5 map.

I'm going to do an updated government picture after elections, let me know if you still need me to change the maps in any way or are looking for some other graphics. As I said in my message to you, I was a little confused about the 600 pixels wide request.

As you can tell, I'm eager to give you the graphics you want.

the 600 pixel dimesion is the width of the page after im done with the frameset (iframe tag)

Fionn, can you post a link to the site, or PM me with it? And do you think you can include it in the first post of this thread?

Sorry, but I accidentally deleted the PM that contained this info. Plus, it would be valuable to those who may have ideas on how to better the site.

Top Bottom