Civ 4 Goes Gold...

Can't wait for my shipment from Amazon:goodjob: . I pre-ordered and asked to have it shipped since I live no where near a game store:sad: . So my copy will probably arrive first week November:eek: . That's okay since I will get to read all the great threads from everyone who already recieved a copy and has immersed :devil: their lives into it.So play hard... play long... let us know how it goes.:drool: :bounce: :spear:

Not all EB stores are the same. The one near me, I was told, is not a major PC store, so they only bring in PC games which meet a certain level of pre-sales. Case in point, they never received the first Warhammer 40K Winter Assault add-on. I had to purchase mine on EB's website.

Seems when Gamestop purchased them they changed some of the stores to mostly-console with a few major PC games/or older PC games on their rack in a corner of the store.

UglyElmo said:
Not all EB stores are the same. The one near me, I was told, is not a major PC store, so they only bring in PC games which meet a certain level of pre-sales. Case in point, they never received the first Warhammer 40K Winter Assault add-on. I had to purchase mine on EB's website.

Seems when Gamestop purchased them they changed some of the stores to mostly-console with a few major PC games/or older PC games on their rack in a corner of the store.

EB In general barely received that -- at my store we got 5 copies, and warhammer was a huge game for us. (all of our store's employees play both video game and RL Tabletop, including myself -- Eldar all the way baby!)

The developer has been very slow to get us more copies too... I get maybe 2-3 a week and sell out very fast.

I was wondering.... seeing that you guys have been mentioning that Civ 4 has gone gold, what is the difference from the ordinary package?

ChrisChua said:
I was wondering.... seeing that you guys have been mentioning that Civ 4 has gone gold, what is the difference from the ordinary package?

None - gold means the master disk has been sent to the manufacturers.

This will become a hard week: reading the reports in the forum how great Civ 4 is while waiting for the European release. At least we get DVDs instead of disks from the last millenium.

I just want to congratulate Firaxis on their new baby, and that they can all take a much needed holiday now. (After they pick straws on who is going to complete the SDK of course :-D)

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

lets get the party started!!!!!!!!!!

:cool: :cool:

:band: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Klooxie welcome to civ fanatics center!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

Klooxie said:
:) These forums are great:D :goodjob:
Gotta catch up on the weekend postings.
:crazyeye:

Klooxie- welcome. :)

But at such a stressfull time why so long before your first two posts. :D

Just joking. How long have you been playing the Civilization PC game series. :)

Well when you get your copy do not forget to keep posting here. :goodjob:

Top Bottom