1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Design Challenge II - Mechanics

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by GPuzzle, May 27, 2015.

1. Ajsieg

Ajsieg Warlord

True true.

Because the point of an amphitheater is to provide the great slot and you basically took that away and gave something different. :)

2. Ajsieg

Ajsieg Warlord

Should we vote?

3. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

I'll go with Wolf's Wiradjuri

4. Sgtwolf00

Sgtwolf00 Potential genius

Nah that''s fine, I do that to.

Exactly! Also my vote goes to Ajsieg, although Inthesomeday and Natan came very close to being elected by me.

5. Ajsieg

Ajsieg Warlord

Natan was very close, but I'll go with Sgtwolf00's Wiradjuri for this one.

6. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

Boy... I vote for Inthesomeday's design. The other designs were simply overpowered.

(@Ajsieg: your UA is kinda messed up.... If you don't have agriculture, you can't research anything, so it kinda ruins the entire game... Other than that, the challenge says that you can't build farms, not that you can't have them. So with the UA in your design you can build farms, but they'll become something else upon completion. Besides if you get double yields from mines, camps and work boats, and have a UI that can be built anywhere and provides +1 culture and faith, why would you bother building a unique shrine which reduces your population? Its really counter intuitive...)

7. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

4 votes? Come on now, let's get the contests back up. More votes!

8. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

+1 for inthesomeday's design! I like the interpretation of the challenge. Also, I've not seen any "purchase-improvements"-mechanic before :)

9. Skelton Keng

Skelton Keng Chieftain

+1 for Wiradjuri

10. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

[x] Wiradjuri of course

11. Sgtwolf00

Vote end?

12. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Go ahead Wolf

13. Sgtwolf00

Sweet I am now the self proclaimed Mechanic Dictator! And now I shall enforce upon you my good citizens this week's chalkenge! Which is as follows...

Cities founded on the same river network (this includes lakes in the same network) gain a automatic city connection.
    You can add to this with things like more gold from connections or extra food in river connected cities. But yeah the river connection part is the main bit. Now go nuts! Create civ's for my delight!

14. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

#TheEasyWay

Kievan Rus (Yaroslav The Wise )
    UA: Viking Roots
    River tiles may be used to create :c5trade: city connections after researching the wheel, increasing religious pressure for your religion in :trade: trade routes by 20% per each city connected. Your units have the amphibious promotion, and may pillage river tiles for free, gaining double :c5gold: gold as well as :c5faith: faith from anything they pillage in those tiles.

UU: Monoxyla
    Replaces Cargo ship, but has the production cost of a caravan. Additionally, during :c5war: wars, a different version of the Monoxyla becomes available. Unlike its peacetime counterpart, this version may defend itself :)c5strength: strength based on era) and grants +1 :c5moves: moves (stacks) as well as the war canoes promotion to adjacent units.

UU: Varangian Warrior
    Replaces Longswordsman, but unlocked at metal casting and does not require iron. While having only 18 :c5strength: strength, it also has the siege promotion, and may move after attacking when embarked. Heals extra 5 HP from pillaging, and may pillage freely everywhere. If you have a religion, receives :c5faith: faith from kills.

Startegy
    Spoiler :
    This design is supposed to allow you make many conquests, while reducing the maintenance burden as you'll have to pay less for roads. It also opens up additional ways of attacking your enemies, since now your units will be much less vulnerable while embarked which could be very useful in some cases. Use trade to sustain your empire, spreading your religion and gaining additional benefits from doing so in the process.

15. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

I hope at least someone laughs at this:

16. Skelton Keng

Skelton Keng Chieftain

I laughed Arison, I laughed.

17. Skelton Keng

Skelton Keng Chieftain

The Guató

Pantanal Nomads

:c5citizen: Population can be moved between cities, so long as they are connected by fresh water. :c5trade: City connections are established this way, and provide 1 :c5production: production per :c5citizen: population, up to 3 per city. ​

UI - Grass Hut​

Can only be built on fresh water tiles, not adjacent to any other Grass Huts and there can only be as many Grass Huts as there are :c5citizen: population in a city. When worked, Grass Huts provide 2 :c5production: production and 2 :c5culture: culture. If built on a jungle tile, only two turns are needed to construct the Grass Hut and the jungle tile gives production similar to when a forest tile is cut. Available at Bronzeworking.

UU - Caçador da Curva

Unique replacement for the Archer. Moves twice as fast on river tiles and can cross rivers without losing movement. At level 3, can take a unique promotion that gives a one time boost of :c5food: food to the city that trained them.​

18. kul

kul Prince

Sultanate of Jambi
    Leader: Thaha Syaifudin
    Capital: Muara Tebo

UA: Daerah Anak Sungai (Creeks Country)
    Rivers in your teritorries make their way into your City tiles overtime, and they are counted as City Connection. Pre-Modern Naval Units can cross River tiles, but ending a turn on one would cause it to be dismantled for Production.

UU: Jung Muaro
    Replacement for Caravel. Besides its usual bonuses, Jung Muaro can perform a weaker ranged attack first before attacking when fighting in Coastal tiles.

UB: Bandar Niaga
    Replacement for Harbor. Besides its usual bonus, Cargo Ships from this City can use Rivers as routes to reach other Cities, and wont be destroyed when ending their turn on the Land. 2+Gold for Resources on Coastal Tiles with Freshwater Access.

19. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

I N D O N P R I D E
    Tarumanegara only have 7 inscription uncovered, and 2 of them is unreadable. I'm sorry if this civ is kinda repetitive

20. Sgtwolf00

Six days since last submission, yeah it's probably vote time now?