Civ 5 Design Challenge II - Mechanics

I'll vote for Skelton's Guató.

Didn't submit this time around because I couldn't think of something.

I vote for Arison's design. Very synergetic IMO.

I vote for the Kievan Rus. I'm a sucker for anything related to old Norse culture.

I liked the two Indon civs, but I also like the Guató and River and Trust civs as well, and neither of the latter has a majority in votes either. But in the end I'll have to go with The Guató, Arison you were really close though, like stupidly close.

I guess I'll be the tiebreaker again, +1 for Jambi ;)
well the only other time I was a tiebreaker was in the last Fictionland design challenge vote, but ah well :p

Well, I've been dreaming about winning this challenge, and when I finally do, heck it felt a bit empty..Lol. Ok, my challenge would be something was inspired by my playstyle, which is Culture Victory, but wish I could inject it with some twist (?)

When another Civilization that had _______ you spent a Great Person, you might receive a bonus

I leave things a bit open ended over here, so feel free to interpret it to your heart's content and you can worded it out differently, as long as the effect was that when another Civilization that had a particular relationship with you spent a Great Person, you may receive a bonus for it it was passive, but thats the way I like it

I was browsing Wikipedia the other day, and today I realized that I have a great civ for this challenge.
Ajuran Sultanate (Umur Gareen)

UA: Hulafa Alssahili - Each time a civilization that has a declaration of friendship with you spends a :c5greatperson: Great Person, receive :c5production: production towards naval units in coastal cities. Liberating coastal city states grants you +3 :c5happy: happiness permanently (only applies once per city state).

UU: Beden - Ajuran replacement for the Caravel that is weaker, but cheaper to produce. Receives a +10% :c5strength: combat bonus for each adjacent Beden, and a +20% :c5strength: combat bonus for each adjacent naval unit belonging to a civ with which you have a declaration of friendship.

UU: Na'ib Tribunal - In addition to the regular abilities of the courthouse it replaces, the Na'ib Tribunal is built automatically in any foreign city that you liberate and grants you 10% of the :c5gold: gold yield of all :c5trade: trade routes sent/received by that city.
The Ajuran Sultanate was a major medieval Somalian power that stretched from a long strip of land on Somalia's west coast all the way inland into modern day Ethiopia. They were notable for collaborating with the Ottomans and other Arab naval powers to fight back against the Portuguese colonization efforts. They also liberated many Swahili and Arab city states along the east African coast that had previously fallen to Portugal.

Also, I'm back from being AFK for over a month, so hi.

Anyone have any ideas for this challenge? I'm beat and can't think of any... :lol:

Oh definitely, just give me a bit. I actually missed the new challenge, I'll post some ideas and a design soon.

I have no idea how I've even got to this

Empire of Japan (Meiji Emperor)
UA: Imperial Restoration
Gain a military unit as well as a :c5science: science boost whenever a non cultural :c5greatperson: Great person is spent by a civilization you've made an agreement with (peace treaties don't count). Research agreements grant 50% more :c5science: science if at least one civ has entered the industrial era, and cost you 1% less for each unit you have (max. 33%).

UB: Zaibatsu
Replaces factory. While 4 are required for an ideology, the first 4 Zaibatsus you build also do not require coal to be built and grant +4 :c5gold: gold instead of costing any maintenance. Zabiatsus grant +5% :c5science: science and :c5production: production for every :trade: trade building in the city, as long as it has an incoming Intl. :c5gold: trade route.

UU: Daimyo
Replaces great general. While Intially having the same effects, all citadels created by a Daimyo will grant you an additional :trade: trade route slot once you enter the industrial era. It may also be spent to grant a :c5production: production bonus equal to the amount of :c5greatperson: GP points that were required to receive him.

I dont know if Im still able to submit a design here since I am the theme-maker, but heres my entry, which hopefully can help trigger an inspiration for yall here
Salakanegara
Leader: Dewawarman I
Capital: Rajatapura

UA: Indianized States
Trade Routes between another Civilizations and you will grants additional yields as well as +2 Science. The yield is based around the other Civilization's City current focus, and the amount is based at their Tourism level with you. When any Great Person is spent nearby these Cities, receive a large sum of their respective yields, but you also gain considerable Tourism from them.

UB: Penghulu

Replacement for Great Merchant. Its Trade Mission ability can be enacted in the teritorry of another Civilization, which grants you Gold and an instanly active Trade Route between your Capital and that City, regardless of your available Trade Route Slot and Range. Gain a Free Penghulu when you discovered all the Civilization in the Game.

UB: Pandaiwesi
Cheaper replacement for Forge that is available earlier at Iron Working. Grants a source of Iron in one of your Mines, and may upgrade one of the already existing Iron resource into Silver. The effects only happens once per City.

The Mythic Dawn under Mankar Camoran
UA: Oblivion Crisis
Gain points towards a Golden Age whenever a Great Person of a civilization you have Denounced or Declared War upon is expended or destroyed. Upon the advent of a Golden Age, unique Daedra who are at war with all other players spawn in your territory.*

UU: Agent
Weaker than the Crossbowman, which it replaces, the Mythic Dawn Agent has a stronger ranged attack and gains additional defensive strength when adjacent to an enemy. In addition, it has the "Mysterium Xarxes" promotion, which causes enemies defeated by it to have a chance to become Daedra.

UI: Oblivion Gate
Unlocked at Theology, the Oblivion Gate may be built on any terrain in friendly or neutral territory, but may not be built adjacent to another Oblivion Gate. Expends the Worker when constructed. Provides +1 Production and +2 Faith, and periodically spawns additional Daedra. Additionally, Daedra stationed on an Oblivion Gate provide Golden Age Points and Faith to the Gate's creator.

*Daedra basically act the same way as barbarians except they are at peace with their 'summoner'.

Well, ****
Iuggoth Mining Station 03
Supervisor
:c5capital: Station 01

UA - Fungi from Yuggoth
Mine produce +1 Production (another +1 before you meet anyone), +2 Science if in Strategic Resource, and +2 Culture in Luxury resource. 50% non-Great Scientist GP point are turned into Great Scientist point. Recieve small Science and Great Scientist point boost when any civ you've meet expend GP

UU - Dark Young (stand alone)
Have the same health, attack, and strength stat as 2x of the Horseman line stat for each given era, but classified as infantry and have 2 Movement. Can only be bought with Faith (price equal with Prophet) and after you got Pantheon. Recieve "Eldrich Terror" that give every unit -50% strength for 5 turn after first time Dark Young enter it's line of sight, and "Daughter of Shub Niggurath" which made it ignore forest LOS limitation (2 instead of 1) and ignore forest and jungle tile attack and movement penalty. Can't move 2 tiles away from any Forest or Jungle tile

UU - Mi-Go (Great Scientist)
Can build Mine (not expending this unit) and move like Helicopter. If stationed in other civ's city, it drain 20% of their GP and transferred that into your Science

Spoiler :
Me neither! It supposed to be based around arm race or whatever, but sadly my research about anything of sort in Indonesia had been fruitless

Arms race? Why not?

Soviet Union, under Nikita Khrushchev

Unique Ability: Arms Race
Every time a civilisation that has more science :c5science/gold :c5gold:/production :c5production: than you uses a Great Scientist/Great Merchant/Great Engineer (respectively), gain Great Person Points :c5greatperson: for that Great Person (amount gained is dependent on their lead).

Unique Unit: T-62
The unique Anti-Tank Gun of the Soviet civilisation. Has 6 movement :c5moves: over 2.

Unique Unit #2: Sukhoi Su-11
The unique Jet Fighter of the Soviet civilisation. 200 bonus against bombers and helicopters, rather than 175.

Top Bottom