1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Design Challenge II - Mechanics

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by GPuzzle, May 27, 2015.

1. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

I'll vote for Skelton's Guató.

Didn't submit this time around because I couldn't think of something.

2. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I vote for Arison's design. Very synergetic IMO.

3. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

[x] Jambi

4. Skelton Keng

Skelton Keng Chieftain

+1 for kul's Jambi

5. Arison

Arison Eagerly awaiting Ragnarok

I vote for the Kievan Rus. I'm a sucker for anything related to old Norse culture.

6. Sgtwolf00

Sgtwolf00 Potential genius

I liked the two Indon civs, but I also like the Guató and River and Trust civs as well, and neither of the latter has a majority in votes either. But in the end I'll have to go with The Guató, Arison you were really close though, like stupidly close.

7. Sgtwolf00

We still need more vote guys, we have a tie on our hands.

8. Troller0001

Troller0001 I've anxiously awaited your arrival!

I guess I'll be the tiebreaker again, +1 for Jambi ;)
    well the only other time I was a tiebreaker was in the last Fictionland design challenge vote, but ah well :p

9. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

What do you have, kul?

10. kul

kul Prince

Well, I've been dreaming about winning this challenge, and when I finally do, heck it felt a bit empty..Lol. Ok, my challenge would be something was inspired by my playstyle, which is Culture Victory, but wish I could inject it with some twist (?)

When another Civilization that had _______ you spent a Great Person, you might receive a bonus

I leave things a bit open ended over here, so feel free to interpret it to your heart's content and you can worded it out differently, as long as the effect was that when another Civilization that had a particular relationship with you spent a Great Person, you may receive a bonus for it it was passive, but thats the way I like it

11. Mobfire

Mobfire Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool

I was browsing Wikipedia the other day, and today I realized that I have a great civ for this challenge.
    The Ajuran Sultanate was a major medieval Somalian power that stretched from a long strip of land on Somalia's west coast all the way inland into modern day Ethiopia. They were notable for collaborating with the Ottomans and other Arab naval powers to fight back against the Portuguese colonization efforts. They also liberated many Swahili and Arab city states along the east African coast that had previously fallen to Portugal.

Also, I'm back from being AFK for over a month, so hi.

12. Keniisu

Keniisu YouTuber | Modder

Anyone have any ideas for this challenge? I'm beat and can't think of any... :lol:

13. inthesomeday

inthesomeday Immortan

Oh definitely, just give me a bit. I actually missed the new challenge, I'll post some ideas and a design soon.

14. Sgtwolf00

Yep thank you! I couldn't think of anything as well.

15. kul

kul Prince

Spoiler :
    Me neither! It supposed to be based around arm race or whatever, but sadly my research about anything of sort in Indonesia had been fruitless

16. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

I have no idea how I've even got to this

Empire of Japan (Meiji Emperor)
    UA: Imperial Restoration
    Gain a military unit as well as a :c5science: science boost whenever a non cultural :c5greatperson: Great person is spent by a civilization you've made an agreement with (peace treaties don't count). Research agreements grant 50% more :c5science: science if at least one civ has entered the industrial era, and cost you 1% less for each unit you have (max. 33%).

UB: Zaibatsu
    Replaces factory. While 4 are required for an ideology, the first 4 Zaibatsus you build also do not require coal to be built and grant +4 :c5gold: gold instead of costing any maintenance. Zabiatsus grant +5% :c5science: science and :c5production: production for every :trade: trade building in the city, as long as it has an incoming Intl. :c5gold: trade route.

UU: Daimyo
    Replaces great general. While Intially having the same effects, all citadels created by a Daimyo will grant you an additional :trade: trade route slot once you enter the industrial era. It may also be spent to grant a :c5production: production bonus equal to the amount of :c5greatperson: GP points that were required to receive him.

17. kul

kul Prince

I dont know if Im still able to submit a design here since I am the theme-maker, but heres my entry, which hopefully can help trigger an inspiration for yall here

18. senshidenshi

senshidenshi Switched the Red and Blue channels

The Mythic Dawn under Mankar Camoran
    UA: Oblivion Crisis
    Gain points towards a Golden Age whenever a Great Person of a civilization you have Denounced or Declared War upon is expended or destroyed. Upon the advent of a Golden Age, unique Daedra who are at war with all other players spawn in your territory.*

UU: Agent
    Weaker than the Crossbowman, which it replaces, the Mythic Dawn Agent has a stronger ranged attack and gains additional defensive strength when adjacent to an enemy. In addition, it has the "Mysterium Xarxes" promotion, which causes enemies defeated by it to have a chance to become Daedra.

UI: Oblivion Gate
    Unlocked at Theology, the Oblivion Gate may be built on any terrain in friendly or neutral territory, but may not be built adjacent to another Oblivion Gate. Expends the Worker when constructed. Provides +1 Production and +2 Faith, and periodically spawns additional Daedra. Additionally, Daedra stationed on an Oblivion Gate provide Golden Age Points and Faith to the Gate's creator.

*Daedra basically act the same way as barbarians except they are at peace with their 'summoner'.

19. SonOfGreatKoya

SonOfGreatKoya Warlord

Well, ****

20. Timewalker102

Timewalker102 Prime Minister

Arms race? Why not?