Civ 5: Echoes of Ages

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

I thought I was the only one not watching London 2012 opening ceremony.:lol:

ive never cared about the olympics or sports at all for that matter... however, hopefully this means less traffic on steam? XD

I've never considered the online benefits of doing the opposite from the masses on such occasions, but I always enjoy the light traffic at such times, motorized traffic, as it were.

In the meantime I've made a small mod to disable research agreement, I didn't know why my previous mod stopped working, it took me awhile to find out that G&K moved it to Education, so I'll start a new game with Palace +, CSD, EoA and No research agreement, it will take me a few days (always playing on marathon and giant map) so Cyrinno will have the new EoA ready by then I assume.

dont forget to try Monarchy Plus - and when you upload a no research agreement mod, i will sub, rate fav - as a ninja, im usually first.

dont forget to try Monarchy Plus - and when you upload a no research agreement mod, i will sub, rate fav - as a ninja, im usually first.

I haven't got a clue how to upload a mod, I just made this little one as an introduction to modbuddy, I'll look into it tomorrow, I'll also need to add a small pic or graphics as I see in the workshop.

make sure in the solution explorer you click "properties" then click the actions button. click on mod activated - upload database - file name.

easy :)

but i have had problems uploading to be honest, i just have teh fail syndrome for now, but ill get it right.

make sure in the solution explorer you click "properties" then click the actions button. click on mod activated - upload database - file name.

easy :)

but i have had problems uploading to be honest, i just have teh fail syndrome for now, but ill get it right.

That was the last step in the tutorial I went through yesterday, it took me quite a while to find the "properties". Anyways, after examining the modinfo before that step and afterwards in my mod, I took a look at modinfo from EoA only to find out that the whole part of the DisabledContent in not activated and decided not to mess with it.

Corporations are disabled because they are broken from one of the Firaxis patches which had a bug in it. I do not recommend turning them back on. I will be releasing them again in the future but it needs to be re coded.

What about the Religion in the DisabledContent?

Sorry to ask this again... for the third time now.

What is a good Earth TSL map for this mod that works. CCTP and Hulfgars both have working ones. I am trying to find one that works well with this Mod.

Please help :)

Hi Cyrinno,

I'm playing on marathon giant map and king, G&K, your mod, CSD, Palace+ and Beliefs Expansion Pack. It feels like research is going fast, by turn 300 all the AI civs reached medieval, (took me 30 more turns) and three religions were established. Without any mod it takes much much longer.

When playing the vanilla version with your previous version mod on marathon and giant map I remember research taking more or less the same and with some versions of your mod even longer.

Has anything changed regarding research cost with your latest G&K version?

My second guess will be that Beliefs Expansion Pack is overpowered but it counts only for found Pantheons and since the first three Pantheon were founded real quick (not mine) I think it might be the combination of Palace+ and Beliefs Expansion Pack but not sure.

Research is slower in my mod because the buildings give less researched bonus when built such as +25% instead of +50%.

However when you keep adding mods and content things will accellerate.

If you want to slow down research over all you can add in my SlowMo Research mod to keep research at a speed you like while getting to play with the mods you want.

TSL Earth - True Start Location Earth Map.

I have a few ive been working on but im never able to get them satisfactory. I learned you need to be specific - there isn't enough room in Latin America for both Aztec and Maya to flourish - there is not enough room in all of arabia or anatolia for Babylon, Turkey, Arabia and Persia.

I have learned to take "focus areas" by era and make maps based on placing "active civ's" in "regions" and filling up city states across the world and leaving enough land to grab. I just can't get anything satisfying.

Some people want gigantic maps that could fit 200 cities in one region, i don't want a map the size of the earth! besides, my comp can't handle that, and gives me hard times on large maps, but G+K helps - pre g+k i could only play on small - standard speed, now i can play on large.

TSL Earth - True Start Location Earth Map.

I have a few ive been working on but im never able to get them satisfactory. I learned you need to be specific - there isn't enough room in Latin America for both Aztec and Maya to flourish - there is not enough room in all of arabia or anatolia for Babylon, Turkey, Arabia and Persia.

I have learned to take "focus areas" by era and make maps based on placing "active civ's" in "regions" and filling up city states across the world and leaving enough land to grab. I just can't get anything satisfying.

Some people want gigantic maps that could fit 200 cities in one region, i don't want a map the size of the earth! besides, my comp can't handle that, and gives me hard times on large maps, but G+K helps - pre g+k i could only play on small - standard speed, now i can play on large.

I've played most of the major mods for CIV 5 with some TSL Earth map/mods and am making a list of such. So far, I can NOT get any TSL Earth map to work for the time being. I am unable to construct anything after I establish my first settlement.

Am I right assuming that I would have to start a new game if I wanted to use the new version? I just started one yesterday with Version 60.

Am I right assuming that I would have to start a new game if I wanted to use the new version? I just started one yesterday with Version 60.

You can always try to play the new one but I don't recommend it, my website has versoin 60 on it still if you know how to uninstall and reinstall the old version if it doesn't work. If you don't know how to do that I would just use the old version until your game is complete.

You can always try to play the new one but I don't recommend it, my website has versoin 60 on it still if you know how to uninstall and reinstall the old version if it doesn't work. If you don't know how to do that I would just use the old version until your game is complete.

I think I know how to un-/reinstall the old version, but I guess I'll just play this game with the old one. After all you recommend it and you should know. ;)

Top Bottom