Civ 5 for $20 /29.99€, civ 4 $7.50

Thanks, I might have to pick me up some Civ 4 expansions, assuming they're on sale too. :)

Just noticed and was about to make this thread, it's a good deal if you were on the fence.

I just bought the civ4 complete pack for 7 bucks, not a bad deal...

Steam sales > My will power.

Hey superjay, I hear BTS is the best iteration of the game...If I just started with civ 5, would it be better to play BTS instead? I was gonna PM you with that question, but I guess I don't have that ability yet or it doesn't exist.

I just bought the civ4 complete pack for 7 bucks, not a bad deal...

Nice pickup, I bet you'll like it. Who knows, given time you might just find yourself agreeing with some of us old die-hards about Civ 4 vs Civ 5. ;)

I had civ 4, but never had time to get too into it, I always preferred the Total War series...what about my BTS question? I do like the fanciness of CIV5

I also don't care about which is better as far as who is right or wrong, I just hate melodramatic negativity and hyperbole.

I had civ 4, but never had time to get too into it, I always preferred the Total War series...what about my BTS question? I do like the fanciness of CIV5

Sorry, didn't see your edit til just now. Beyond the Sword is just an expansion to Civ 4; if you do have Civ 4 and don't have BTS - and intend to play Civ 4 - I'd get BTS too.

As for Civ 5 vs. Civ 4 BTS - it depends what you're looking for in a Civilization game.

Given that you just started Civ 5 and seem to be enjoying it, there's no reason you need to switch games. IMO, you might find Civ 5 a better introduction to Civilization games and it might be easier to learn than Civ 4 BTS, because it's a simpler, generally easier game that's designed for new players. But if Civ 5 starts to seem a little boring after a while or isn't holding your interest and you feel ready for some more depth and a greater challenge, try Civ 4 BTS. It's a great game.

I'm trying to be objective for your sake - personally, I prefer Civ 4 + BTS hands-down; it's not even a contest. (I haven't played Civ 5 in months, because for me there's just not much to do. It's just kinda boring.)

i think the combat changes in civ V alone make it the better choice for me. even with its slight imbalance (which can and should be fixed with mods / future patches)

war is just a production race in civ IV and it was the main gripe i had with that game, and it was why i really fell out with it. the strategy involved in V, on harder difficulties (and in future hopefully even more improved AI) makes it less about unit building races, and more about long term strategy inc. town placement, unit placement, upgrade choices, terrain bonuses etc.

if however you dont really care either way about combat then i guess civ IV is a good choice considering the time it has been out / mods / slightly better balance in terms of diplomacy / research / culture etc.

HAHAHA- great job Firaxis . Your pride and joy is in penny-section!!! Are they still denying your failure??

HAHAHA- great job Firaxis . Your pride and joy is in penny-section!!! Are they still denying your failure??

I hope you're joking.

Steam commonly sells popular games for huge discounts on weekends and other times of the year. Bad Company 2, which sold millions of copies, went for $20 just months after release during a week-long sale. Heck, I got Mass Effect + Mass Effect 2 in a bundle for $30.

Great sale! :lol:

€ 29.99 from Steam, but even at Amazon you get it at € 26.49 at the moment.

Steam sales are really for the ******ed ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great sale! :lol:

€ 29.99 from Steam, but even at Amazon you get it at € 26.49 at the moment.

Steam sales are really for the ******ed ones. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its $44.15 on Amazon in the US for the PC Download. $44.57 for the DVD. Used DVD is $28.99. Steam is $29.99.

I'd say Steam is the best deal in the US :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry guy, they have these sales all the time on Steam for big games, it's been out for like 5 months...that's actually a long time by Steam standards and it's a one day sale. I got Arkham, New Vegas, Mass Effect 2 on Steam sales less then 6 months after they were released at huge discounts.

You guys need to chill with the melodramatics.

way, way, way off topic here ... but I saw on Steam, a Railroad Simulator "game bundle", with all of the DLC add ons (locomotions, engines etc..)

total regular price $1000 .... on sale: $199

yikes ! that's alot of cash

way, way, way off topic here ... but I saw on Steam, a Railroad Simulator "game bundle", with all of the DLC add ons (locomotions, engines etc..)

total regular price $1000 .... on sale: $199

yikes ! that's alot of cash

Yeah that was Railworks 2, you don't have to buy any of the DLC and almost all of it is under $20. The DLC is made by several different people/companies and are usually highly detailed. Its kind of a digital model railroad game and is actually kind of fun (I only bought two of the DLCs that were really cheap during the xmas sale, paid $15 for them and the game :D ).

Meh. :rolleyes: 40% off on Steam and it still costs $8 more than what I bought it for at release ($40). I'm sure it's a decent deal for North American customers though. ;)

Meh. :rolleyes: 40% off on Steam and it still costs $8 more than what I bought it for at release ($40). I'm sure it's a decent deal for North American customers though. ;)

I followed your link that day, when you posted it and I'm not complaining about a 37.99 deal :)

If I never thanked you for the aussiegames site, I thank you now!

I followed your link that day, when you posted it and I'm not complaining about a 37.99 deal :)

If I never thanked you for the aussiegames site, I thank you now!

No probs. I know that if I ever want to buy a game at/near release (which is very rare :)), ozgameshop.com (Aussies and New Zealanders only) is the first place I look to check for a good price. Brick and mortar stores are a joke now, as is Steam a lot of the time. The future isn't digital downloads. It's importing games from the UK. :lol:

Top Bottom