• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ 5 or BE for a new player?

Coldbeer

Chieftain
Hey guys first than all apologize my english, is not my language.

Today i want buy a civilization game but never played a civ game before and i dont know if buy the civ 5 or beyond earth, please help me with to take decision, i know nothing about the game so in both i start with 0 knowledge about the mechanics.

Thanks in advance.

ps: idk if posted it in the right section if not move it please.

Civ V is also much easier to wrap your head around since the mechanics are more closely related to history/real life and the in-game explanations are clearer. Plus, the message boards can help you with anything you don't understand.

Also, Civ V Complete is cheaper. I don't know anything about this Mac Game Store (don't need a Mac because it's on Steam), but they're selling it for $9.50. See this thread.

Civ V with G&K and BNW is the better game. BE might get there some day, but right now it needs a lot of patches, fixes and balance changes.

Good to hear, hopefully BE will be an excellent, fleshed out, well polished and balanced game by the time you get tired of Civ V.

Good to hear, hopefully BE will be an excellent, fleshed out, well polished and balanced game by the time you get tired of Civ V.

Thansk bro i like the "space" lore thing just gonna wait till first expansion of BE.

Thansk bro i like the "space" lore thing just gonna wait till first expansion of BE.

Yeah, the space theme is fun but learning real world facts while playing a game is pretty amazing too. I know a ton of stuff that I wouldn't have if I didn't play Civ.

You made the wise choice. BE is not ready yet. I play it only because it's new and fresh with lots to figure out.

Ya civ is much better and more complete, get both expansions they are great.

This one is also fun, but only if you have eaten up civ 5 and gotten all the goodness out of it you can handle.

See the thread I linked above about possibly saving another 50 cents, but, yeah, I think that's 80% off (of the already reduced "Complete" edition price).

See the thread I linked above about possibly saving another 50 cents, but, yeah, I think that's 80% off (of the already reduced "Complete" edition price).

Is the same offer i found in reddit lol, thanks i bought it now :D

If you want the better game: Civ V with both addons. No question. Check out the mod section for Civ here, lots and lots of useful stuff.

If you want the easier game: Civ BE, it's a downgrade in terms of features and gameplay in almost all areas. The only thing that will make you think is the Techweb.

I started with Civ BE and moved to Civ V having not played a Civ game since III first came out.

BE is much easier to get into and the pacing is a lot better than Civ V. Civ V has a lot more depth to it and is the better game if you are going to spend a lot of time on it. For someone who just wants something to pick up, beat a few times and move on I'd suggest BE though. If you want a game you'll be playing long term than definitely Civ V.

If you want the better game: Civ V with both addons. No question. Check out the mod section for Civ here, lots and lots of useful stuff.

If you want the easier game: Civ BE, it's a downgrade in terms of features and gameplay in almost all areas. The only thing that will make you think is the Techweb.

Civ BE isn't a downgrade just because it doesn't have everything Civ V had. It has things that Civ V didn't. The main problem with BE is all the bugs and a general lack of polish.

Top Bottom