Civ 5 Playthru -How to Conquer the World by being Poor, Upset and Massively Outgunned

I can see your point on most of the things you say there Lemmy, but I am still disappointed by the removal of Health. Yes they should have changed how each one worked-to avoid duplication of effects-but I think this could have been achieved!

Aussie.

I feel they could have made health individual city based and happiness the new global mechanic. But I'll admit that I only really care because I think Aqueducts should be in the game. I feel the game plays just fine without health. It's strategic enough without it. But I still feel it could work with the right combo of health buildings and a return of trading food resources for health.

I really really hoped that there would be a thread like this when CiV came out in USA. I'm a sucky European who has to wait patiently for the release on Friday (actually it's good, because I have a lot of things to do in this week) and I hoped to get some insight view of the game and not some random review anymore where everybody states the same facts (1upt, hexagons, policies, no religion...) I already knew for some months.

So thumbs up lemmy! This is really the thread I hoped to read to bear with the waiting time.

I feel they could have made health individual city based and happiness the new global mechanic. But I'll admit that I only really care because I think Aqueducts should be in the game. I feel the game plays just fine without health. It's strategic enough without it. But I still feel it could work with the right combo of health buildings and a return of trading food resources for health.

I hope to try & bring the health mechanic back into the game via a mod.

Aussie.

I really like how the Earth map looks. The terrain is slightly randomised right? I noticed a lake in North America which should not be that big. And if the terrain is randomised, it still looks like Earth should look. Such a pretty game.

Great stuff Lemmy101, really enjoyed reading this thread and it's increased my excitement for Friday's release still further, which i didn't think possible!

Fantastic thread! I'm surprised (in a good way) that you think the game is deeper for the removal of the slider and the new maintenance and happiness mechanics. I'm even more excited about the game now! :goodjob:

Larry, wake up already!! I want to see some serious beach head invasion of Europe, or sneak back stabbing against China!!
(I am thinking along the lines of nuclear subs... they should take care of that 18mn population ;) ) :goodjob:

Have you thought about the path you are going for? I.e. what kind of victory you will try to achieve and what to do next?

:king:

Great thread, enjoyed it much after only being able to play for 100 turns :)

I don't know how important 4 vs. 2 threads is for Civ5.

It doesn't really benefit from more than two cores. On my testgame the cpu load was slightly above 25% (on a 3,8 GHz Quad), so it's using about one and a half core on my system.

As with most games, you are probably still better of with a fast dual core than with a slow quad, even if this doesn't fit in intels marketing strategy.

Many thanks for this Lemmy ; I have really enjoyed it. Friday can't come quickly enough now.

Slightly miffed though, in that I'd *never* have thought to look in this forum. I didn't even know they existed, so I for one would never find this thread if I was still waiting to play the game and reading Civ 5... It took me about 30 mins to find the bloody post Musta went through the first 20 pages of Gen Discussion..

don't see what harm it was doing there and think it had its place as a preview thread of sorts. I thought it was a nice thread to have amongst all the haters, a bit of positivity on the forum allaying fears for all the people lurking / browsing Civ 5 Discussions, got a lot of people saying as such and now it's been moved where no one will see it unless they look for it pretty much nullifies the point of the thread now IMO.

Slightly miffed though, in that I'd *never* have thought to look in this forum. I didn't even know they existed, so I for one would never find this thread if I was still waiting to play the game and reading Civ 5... It took me about 30 mins to find the bloody post Musta went through the first 20 pages of Gen Discussion..

:( don't see what harm it was doing there and think it had its place as a preview thread of sorts. I thought it was a nice thread to have amongst all the haters, a bit of positivity on the forum allaying fears for all the people lurking / browsing Civ 5 Discussions, got a lot of people saying as such and now it's been moved where no one will see it unless they look for it pretty much nullifies the point of the thread now IMO. :(

haters gonna hate play on! EDIT: I should mention this is the first forum I looked at after a long hiatus from these forums, loved the old stories and tales and is the only place I really visited. I want playthroughs, not :):):):):)ing or minor bug reports.

Top Bottom