1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ 5 Playthru -How to Conquer the World by being Poor, Upset and Massively Outgunned

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Stories & Let's Plays' started by lemmy101, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Bill_in_PDX

Bill_in_PDX Grumpy Submariner

Incredible write up. Loved the read. Thank you!

2. postmanpete5

postmanpete5 Chieftain

one of the funniest threads/books/epics I have ever read,love the offer of peace to China post LOL

3. xxxlambo

xxxlambo Chieftain

Good stuff man. You help the work day go by quicker. While I have the game and enjoy it much, I just had to follow what you had going on. I shared it with a couple of co-workers and this thread helped them decide to download the demo, one of them doesn't even game that much so I was shocked when he told me he actually downloaded it. Hopefully they buy the game and that spawns some office wars in the future, and that I must thank you for.

4. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Is that for real? Do they really do that? :eek:

5. m0j0NL

m0j0NL Chieftain

Awesome play through..

/starts building a time machine to travel to.. tomorrow

6. mirkwooduk

mirkwooduk Chieftain

Hi thanks for this great thread Lemmy I have been on a train all day and read through the lot from Manchester to London then London to Elstree and back home again...

My Iphone battery finally died on me by Stockport but I had finished the thread by then...

Back home now waiting like all of Europe for the game to finally unlock playing those 100 turns on the demo again... the frustration terrible when as by now you have a feel for the game and your Empire is ready to rock only for the demo to end.

so your reflections on your game was a welcome entertaining read thanks again.

ps I remember Sulla from Civ4 and when civ6 comes out we will all be remembering you...!!!

7. lemmy101

lemmy101 Emperor

Totally for real.

:D

8. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

That is freakingly cool! it's like Greeks vs Persia...

Played the demo for like 4 hours overall :crazyeye: and i love the game!

9. berni19

berni19 Chieftain

I must thank you for great introduction and positive aspects of the game which is obviosly made with a lot of thinking and planning ahead...so this could be nice platform for modes that will lunch the game in new perspectives...
    Somebody said already..when sliders, health, religion and espionage are off ( from civ4), different focus, separate independent values and social policies gives other dimensions to the game, so it becomes deeper, unique and most important very moddable.
    Specially i like observation factor...as i read in this forum you couldnt know which nation built world wonder, but when your unit is near..you can see...Also like the screen gesture of the nations leader...so no more + and - bonuses, so much more authentic and unpredictable i guess.
    Anyway lemmy..great presentation especially for your unique sense of humour which you used....like salt to an egg...masterpiece

10. berni19

berni19 Chieftain

I must thank you for great introduction and positive aspects of the game which is obviosly made with a lot of thinking and planning ahead...so this could be nice platform for modes that will lunch the game in new perspectives...
    Somebody said already..when sliders, health, religion and espionage are off ( from civ4), different focus, separate independent values and social policies gives other dimensions to the game, so it becomes deeper, unique and most important very moddable.
    Specially i like observation factor...as i read in this forum you couldnt know which nation built world wonder, but when your unit is near..you can see...Also like the screen gesture of the nations leader...so no more + and - bonuses, so much more authentic and unpredictable i guess.
    Anyway lemmy..great presentation especially for your unique sense of humour which you used....like salt to an egg...masterpiece

11. Hank Fluba

Hank Fluba Chieftain

Lemmy,

Thanks for the great story. It got me through a long day at work away from my copy of CivV. Makes me want to try the Babylonians now.

12. Craftsman

Craftsman Chieftain

Epic thread! Congratulations, Lemmy! :goodjob:

IMO, this was one of your best quotes:

And there are plenty of other memorable quotes like this! :)

Thank you very much for this very entertaining thread! Your sense of humor is awesome!

Best regards!

13. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

1) Mouse over the Vertical bar in the lower left hand corner when you unit is selected. It will pop up. The horizontal blue bar is for XP

2)So far the city will expand as far and wide as it can, I haven't seen a limit yet, which is awesome. Closer cities are good, less road maintenance, if a tile is shareable you can pick which city will get to use it.

14. patrickkrebs

patrickkrebs Warlord

It's funny you said that. I'm playing Prince as the Romans and I got to around 1000 AD and was like I might lose this thing. Looked up at the date and was like, huh no kidding that's awesome.

15. da_Vinci

da_Vinci Gypsy Prince

To lemmy, or anyone else:

Is there a simple way to take screenshots? I don't see the nice automatic name and store feature here that I saw in Civ 4, and I don't seem to be able to minimize the game and get back to desktop, like I could with the windows key in Civ 4. So what is your screenshot taking mechanic (wonder if that differs between disk versions and download versions)?

dV

16. the__cat

the__cat Chieftain

Really enjoyed that fella. Just a few more hours till us over the pond can get our grubby hands on the game and this has really whetted my appetite :goodjob:

17. Lazy Knight

Lazy Knight Chieftain

You can usually minimize the game with alt-tab. Apart from that there are programs for binding a key to taking a screenshot. E.g. fraps

18. Apoll

Apoll Chieftain

Lemmy another thumbs up from me.
    Thank you very much for entertaining my evening waiting for the unlock.
    25 minutes to go..... And yes I took today off, :D

19. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

LMAO seriously!! :lol:

20. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

no printscreen button on your keyboard? Even still, you'll have to paste it from the clipboard to an empty file.