Civ 5 Playthru -How to Conquer the World by being Poor, Upset and Massively Outgunned

Oh crap... now its 1:30 AM and I have to go to school tomorrow

Lemmy you should put a warning in the start of the thread... Something about the dangers of this thread like tears in the eyes from laughter and way to long reading time...

I will look forward to follow your next battle against the soon to be nuked enemy. May I sugest that you in a future game thinks before you just takes a girl as your best ally? :p

Oh crap... now its 1:30 AM and I have to go to school tomorrow

Lemmy you should put a warning in the start of the thread... Something about the dangers of this thread like tears in the eyes from laughter and way to long reading time...

I will look forward to follow your next battle against the soon to be nuked enemy. May I sugest that you in a future game thinks before you just takes a girl as your best ally? :p

Agreed. But, you had a great runthrough. Hopefully your new game will play out better. Good luck lemmy!!!

well I must admit that my first play had a different end to it ;)

the one I have now could end like this one althou I dont have anyone close around me so not sure they know where I am...

Great read, almost as funny as Black Books.

Manny! Load that Indecisive Englishman thread! You're just a beard with an idiot hanging off it!

Again another congratulations on what was a truly great read. I have been a civ fanatic for years but I never signed up until today as I wanted to say NICE ONE LEMMY101. Sadly it will be a whle before I get to play as I will need to purchase a new PC in order play the game. So it may not be until the end of October. Not only that but you thread has wetted my appetite so much that I now can't wait. Damn money (or lack thereof).

Long time lurker first time poster, I always loved stories and playthroughs like this. Maybe one day I will do one! Doubtful though! :)

But thanks for this! I'm eagerly reading your next one :)

I'm joining the I-stopped-lurking-to-praise-this-thread club because I want to say thanks, it got me through the very difficult last days before it was available for purchase where I live.

Thanks for the write-up, lemmy. I'm putting off buying the game in hopes that it will become cheaper, and it's nice to be able to get a little into the hype. It's nice to read at least one review that isn't all gloom and doom. I plan to take some of your learning experiences into account when I start playing. Thanks!

wow....this thread makes me wish i was less busy and had a better computer/some money. For now i guess I'm stuck with civ 4. I suppose this is a pretty pathetic first post, but its a start.

Lemmy, I've been lurking in these threads for years under different names just reading the "Stories and Tales" threads from CIV 3 on. I haven't posted until I saw and read this thread. I have to say it was a wonderful read and your commentary was legendary. I was laughing so hard I think I woke up other people in my apartment. Great job Lemmy. Can't wait until the next one. :king:

You sure about that? Civ IV BTS's AI still had no clue what to do with a navy. It's disappointing that's still the case.

But honestly, the game looks awesome anyway.

Civ 4 AI had an idea about navy, can remember one game she arrived with 10 ships, carriers and a lot of units, i lost the game. Was great.

Civ 5 - nothing happens, you sit on your continent , ai is sitting on the other island - nothing happens, nothing. Really sad.

Civ 4 AI had an idea about navy, can remember one game she arrived with 10 ships, carriers and a lot of units
Even I remember a game in which Charlemagne invaded me with a hell lot of cavalry and took a few cities. I took the cities back though :)

--
WoW...What an awesome thread! 265 thousand views in a month!

Top Bottom