Civ 6 - Stuck in Autoplay

Ancaladar

Chieftain
I tried posting this on reddit yesterday and nobody replied, so civfanatics is my only hope, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Yesterday I was playing with the new firetuner from the SDK that launched with the Australia update. After tinkering around with it for a while I decided to close out of it and start a normal civ game. However, when I started, it just began running in autoplay mode again without revealing the map (and when I somehow did manage to reveal the map with firetuner up, it was just barbarians on a small continents map, nothing else.)

So, I tried restarting civ countless times, making sure "Enable Tuner" was disabled in the options, and also tried reinstalling it from steam. Nothing helped, as of this morning it's still stuck in perma autoplay.

If you're curious to the steps I take when making a game to test, I:

Start the game from steam
Create a default quick-start world
Get through the loading screen
The game is bugged and won't show me the map and is stuck in autoplay

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Solved, disabling all the mods from the steam workshop I had subscribed to fixed it, happy days!

Last edited:
Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game files through STEAM, may reset what you broke.

I am having the exact same problem. I can start the game, but it progresses through the turns to infinity without revealing any map etc. I tried re-verifying the files and re-installed, but no luck...

Figured it out. I disabled the community DLC. Looks like the DLC needs to be updated to conform with this new patch.

Community DLC, what's that? You mean mods, or..?

EDIT: Disabling the mods I had subscribed to fixed it!

Last edited:
I have this same problem, but disabling community dlc did not work. Any suggestions? Reinstalling worked but only for the first playthrough. Back to doing the same.

Is there a fix to this issue..experiencing this now..removing workshop mods fix issue,but I do wish to play with the mods and can't// any fix yet?

That would be a question better addressed to the mod authors. If mods cause the problem, updates to the mods are the solution.

If you can narrow down which specific mod causes the problem, you might contact the mod author (either here, in the Creation & Customization forum, if they have a thread posted here, or on the Steam Workshop page for their mod) -- they may want to see a save game, since reproducing these sorts of problems can be difficult.

That would be a question better addressed to the mod authors. If mods cause the problem, updates to the mods are the solution.

If you can narrow down which specific mod causes the problem, you might contact the mod author (either here, in the Creation & Customization forum, if they have a thread posted here, or on the Steam Workshop page for their mod) -- they may want to see a save game, since reproducing these sorts of problems can be difficult.

Thank you..I have been reducing mods and have reduced it down to those I find essential..

Top Bottom