CIV. Colonization Mod for Mac.

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by DolusMilan, Jan 30, 2011.

1. DolusMilan

DolusMilan Chieftain

Hi Mac-Civfanatics,

Got two questions:

I-Are there any mods for Civ. Colonization which are Mac-compatible?

II-How do you load a mod for Civ. Colonization? I can't seem to find a map called "Mods" in which to store them like in the Civilization Beyond the sword version.:confused:

Thanks!

So So Lobi,

Milan.

2. stwils

stwils Emperor

I want to know too. Please someone respond...

Stwils.

3. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I figured I'd better by it and find out!

I got the App Store release, so I don't know if the following also applies to the DVD version. It stores the user data in ~/Library/Application Support/Civilization IV Colonization/User/. All the usual folders are in there - CustomAssets, Saves, MODS etc, and CivilizationIV.ini file. If there's a mod you know you want to play, let me know. The usual issues will apply - no custom DLL, probably need to fix some XML problems ....

4. grinninggamer

grinninggamer Chieftain

Alan, Are you still willing to help port Civ 4: Colonization mods to mac? If so, I have one in mind. Please let me know if you see this.

Cheers,

Graham

5. AlanH

I can but try. No promises, though!

Which mod do you want to try?

6. grinninggamer

grinninggamer Chieftain

Triangle Trade if that would be possible. Any help would be much appreciated!

7. AlanH

Sorry! Triangle Trade includes a custom DLL. It just ain't gonna work in Mac Civ4 Colonization!

[PS]
    However, I unzipped it and copied it to the MODS folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Civilization IV Colonization/User/MODS/ I can select "Advanced->Load a Mod" in game, and it appears to load up. I can then start a game and there are no Python errors logged. However, I have no idea what features it should provide, and for sure nothing will work that relies on the modded DLL file..

8. grinninggamer

grinninggamer Chieftain

Thanks anyway! I guess ill just have to play modded civ 5 and Brave New World soon. Thanks for the help!