CIV. Colonization Mod for Mac.

DolusMilan

Chieftain
Hi Mac-Civfanatics,

Got two questions:

I-Are there any mods for Civ. Colonization which are Mac-compatible?

II-How do you load a mod for Civ. Colonization? I can't seem to find a map called "Mods" in which to store them like in the Civilization Beyond the sword version.:confused:

Thanks!

So So Lobi,

Milan.

I figured I'd better by it and find out!

I got the App Store release, so I don't know if the following also applies to the DVD version. It stores the user data in ~/Library/Application Support/Civilization IV Colonization/User/. All the usual folders are in there - CustomAssets, Saves, MODS etc, and CivilizationIV.ini file. If there's a mod you know you want to play, let me know. The usual issues will apply - no custom DLL, probably need to fix some XML problems ....

Alan, Are you still willing to help port Civ 4: Colonization mods to mac? If so, I have one in mind. Please let me know if you see this.

Cheers,

Graham

I can but try. No promises, though!

Which mod do you want to try?

.... The usual issues will apply - no custom DLL, ....

Sorry! Triangle Trade includes a custom DLL. It just ain't gonna work in Mac Civ4 Colonization!

[PS]
However, I unzipped it and copied it to the MODS folder at ~/Library/Application Support/Civilization IV Colonization/User/MODS/ I can select "Advanced->Load a Mod" in game, and it appears to load up. I can then start a game and there are no Python errors logged. However, I have no idea what features it should provide, and for sure nothing will work that relies on the modded DLL file..

Thanks anyway! I guess ill just have to play modded civ 5 and Brave New World soon. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom