1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ design challenge

Discussion in 'Civilization Design Resources' started by ldvhl, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Uighur_Caesar

Uighur_Caesar Comandante en Jefe

Even more original lol.

2. Filiki Eterian

Filiki Eterian Chieftain

I vote for Urdnot_Scott.

3. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

Scotty FTW!

4. Danmacsch

Danmacsch Geheimekabinetsminister

My vote goes to Urdnot_Scott.

And a suggestion for next challenge's voting; would it be an idea to use a online poll system?

5. Zantonius Hamm

I recommend Strawpoll. Quick and easy.

6. Uighur_Caesar

Out of curiosity, how would we resolve a tie if that happened?

7. Firebug

Firebug Not-so Great Engineer

second vote, but only those two people, i would guess.

8. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

Yes, this. I was also considering setting up a poll in this thread for each voting period, I just haven't figured out how to do that yet.

9. COF

COF Emperor

A poll within the thread can only be changed by a mod iirc. So I do think that strawpoll is the best option here.
    Anyways, Urdnott gets my vote. That UA is beautiful.

10. Firebug

11. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

I prefer Scott's design too.

12. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

It's Monday the 25th, which means voting for the winning Eóganachta design is complete! Here are the results:

Urdnot_Scott (6): Uighur_Caesar, Filiki Eterian, Zantonius Hamm, Danmacsch, COF, tarcisiocm
    Uighur_Caesar (4): Urdnot_Scott, GPuzzle, Firebug, ruhrgebietheld
    ruhrgebietheld (1): Natan35
    Filiki Eterian (1): DoctorMcGann
    Firebug
    GPuzzle
    Natan35

It was a close race between Uighur_Caesar and Urdnot_Scott, but Urdnot_Scott pulled ahead in the end and claimed his third straight victory. Congratulations to Urdnot_Scott and everybody else who participated in this design challenge and voting!

The next challenge is coming up…right now! This challenge is Kuru. Good luck everybody, and I look forward to seeing designs submitted before June first!

13. Zantonius Hamm

You should set up a strawpoll this time.

14. Hoop Thrower

Hoop Thrower Cyberbolivarian Inkarri

Kuru you say?

Mythological Kuru

Leader: Yudhisthira
    UA: Chariot of the Gods: Starts the game with a SS Cockpit. Cities with Spaceship Parts produce +100% Science.
    UU: Vimana: Unlocked at Optics. Must be Based on Cities, has a range of 6 and combat capacity of 10. Upgrades to Great War Bomber.
    UU: Brahmastra: Must be based on a city and is destroyed after use. 8 Range and Combat Capacity of 15. Creates a small area of Fallout. Unlocked at Engineering.

Screw it, everybody's doing historical Kuru, I could as well do something silly to change the tone.

15. ldvhl

ldvhl ніщо

I'm looking into it for the voting phase!

16. Uighur_Caesar

During the Kuru Kingdom, the Vedas were compiled, which is what the design is centered around. The Vedas were originally spread by oral tradition before being recorded in writing, which is where the first half of the UA comes from. The second half refers to the role of kings Parik**** and Janamejaya in the arrangement of the Vedic hymns into writing and also so you have enough room for all those additional great works.

The Vedi is a sacrificial fire altar in Hinduism. Sacrificial rituals in Hinduism are called Yajna and during the Vedic Period there were several rituals that involved animal sacrifice, which is forbidden today but still done. The most important one was a special horse sacrifice ritual performed by rulers. The Vedi aren't used in animal sacrifice but having a building named after the ritual didn't feel right. Vedic hymns are also chanted during the ritual which is why there's a great work of music.

The Gurus are responsible for transmitting knowledge to students by oral tradition, which is where the music work comes from. Great People points also come from this idea of spreading knowledge to religious followers.

17. DoctorMcGann

DoctorMcGann Emperor

Isn't that a little over powered? Maybe switch it to every other work of music. I could be wrong. I like the idea though, very unique.

18. Zantonius Hamm

I disapprove of giving a Hindu civ a Guru UU. I'm a bit of a Sikhophile, I think they deserve that, if anyone.

I agree with McGann, the UA is a tad too powerful. I do, however, really like it! Very synergistic, flavourful, and incredibly unique.

19. poom3619

poom3619 Ping Pang Poom!

Consider that Arjuna destroy an akshauhini of Kaurava armies in a rampage in a day (consisting of 21,870 chariots; 21,870 elephants; 65,610 cavalry and 109,350 infantry). It's less "fictional" as one may thought. IMO, it should have ranged UU with about 200 strength which can shoot for 4 times each turn... unlocked at Philosophy :lol:

But the epic of Kurukshetra War is more or less a war with dozen of ridiculously powerful demigod, million of mooks; horses and elephants for each side. :)

I am interested in making a more reasonable (and not overpowered) Kuru, but I am horribly out of idea right now. I would give my idea if I can think of it.

20. Firebug

I made a design for a Kuru civ a few months back. I'm going to post it here!

Be the first to religion, build a shrine, use the Purohita and gain a boost to your faith in that race for religion.