Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Sheaim

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Sidar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Svartalfar

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
Is nice to see that everyone has its favorite and none seems to get the unanimity.

As for me, it's pretty hard to answer.
From FFH2 Vanilla, it was Kuriotates, and Hippus
But theme-wise I had a soft spot for Elohim, Amurites and Sidar.
I would say that, my fav theme was Sidar ''The ghosts of Erebus'' damn it.
But it was just theme-like because practically, they are hard.

As for Master of Mana, it expanded so much civs, and so many new. Since I installed the mod I only played
Jognar
Amurites
Elohim (just a bit)
Sidar
Calabim
Grigori

I LOVE the changes that have been made to those civs (on top as everything else that the mod brings on the table).
Amurites FEELS like they are genius magician with everyone of their units being buffed with magic.
Everyone of their unit is enjoyable, but they have to pay the price in term of strength that is they need to spread their research in both magic AND combat to be on pair with other CIVs.
I cannot debate the balance of this, because I don't have too much knowledge, but theme-wise it is pretty interesting and gives them a special flavor. :goodjob:

Elohim, finally those fighting monks can take care of themselves! They got some strong tricks that makes them valuable unit throughout the game, and on top of that got some increased powers against everything that is unholy and demoniac.
+all those buildings that makes Elohim a strong choice for cultural victory.

Sidar :(
They have some nice touch there and there, their spell which blurr their city is useful and interesting. They get some nice bonus behind their walls.
But you don't win a game behind walls and I hardly see what else they can bring.
Their units are pretty weak other than for defense (and they are not the best at it).
So you would think that their Shades would give them that edge. But Not. It's impossible.
Their wane reflect their combat abilities, because you need to get experience, but to make it harder, if you loose any unit you loose that experience.
Only a very good player can succeed with them imo (and without abusing the easy-wins trigger which were cultural victory at the time I used to play much FFH2).
I would like the ghost of Erebus to be strong and scary like Calabim, but I guess that's a far away dream.

CALABIM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
They are my favs. Ok, you need to spend quite a time to research their spell tree and combat tech (to immortal) to get their Vampire Lords.
Meanwhile they suffer from a pretty poor roster of meh units.
BUT, they get Losha Vales. And with this unit that you can get by turn 100 or so.
Let me see 24+24+40+40. Yeah I would say by turn 124 more or less.
Everything is still manageable to get to that point, just survive.
Then you need to babysit Losha so she get Immortal (which she loose if she dies, but second chance will help to avoid that) and then, just roll barbarians, farm them, pick Bard and enjoy.
She can solely destroy major cities, defend your kingdom, give you a tremendous edge in cultural points.
Furtherly, if you have time and ressources or at war.
Build up disciple units from religion instead of Bloodpet or Moroi, because those units will gives you some heal at your cities (which is good when your vampire are reborn so they can instantly go back to action) but also because they get xp with passing time. And at 6 Losha can gift them Vampirism. So, you'll end up with very strong defense.
AND THEN. By turn 200 or so. VAMPIRE LORDS.
You won the game. They don't loose immortal. They don't give a sh*************t about cities walls. They just feed. I cannot even start to picture how strong those guys are.
But in a fair game, by the time you get them, some AI/players can be close to cultural victory or whatever else. I guess that's the reason Calabim don't get so much love because their super weapon they get late. But in a game without cultural victory. Absolutely go for it.
Their leaders traits are pretty bad though. They are not good at anything else than their vampires.
Also, they are not flexible, you need to unlock a certain order of techs to get them strongs.
Code of Law, Immortal, spell Sacrilege.

And Grigori.
Grigori are probably my second fav. I love the fact that any unit can become a hero.
And if you think that is OP. You might have to play with Calabim, to second think.
Yes, that is pretty strong. But it leads you to babysit your units while other civs get some strong cannon-fodders one (Jognar, Kuriotates, Hippus to name a few).
If you loose any of your unit, it's a setback. While for some other civs, sacrifying units is just common strategy at start.
Notice that, your first heroes are Bounty Hunters. I don't remember the production cost, but it's pretty high.
On a certain game I had to spent 18 turns to create them (maybe my starting region was that bad though).
And also, they cost leather, you cannot just create as many as you want.
Which makes them pretty valuable.
They get 8 strength (6+2 poison), that is pretty decent, but now, how many units are immune to poison?
I didn't check all races traits, but I wonder if orcs and goblins do not have immunity against poison, which makes your bounty hunters only 6str.

My Hall of Fame so far
:trophy:
Calabim​
:trophy2nd:
Grigori​
:trophy3rd:
Amurites​

One civ I didn't try so far and seems to me have a very strong potential are Aos Si.
With their many magic affinity they are probably the best casters of the game, and that might allow them to be very strong builders also.
Not to omit their combat capabilities since they get immortals, flying, very strong defenders and very capable attackers.

My deception, would again be Sidar. The ... Ghosts of Erebus.
Yeah, hide in your catacombs guys. You're awful :lol:

Hi everybody,

my favorite civ is LANUN...

i'm searching the art of lanun units, but in the assets -> art -> unit they aren't. Someone could please help me, i would like to use these beautiful units in a pirate mod..
Sorry if i asked in the wrong section, and you are great men! you did a wonderful work!!

normaly they are in "Assets/Art/Units/Civs/Lanun/".
but you might need to unpack the FFH fpk to reach that path.

I really do like the Hippus, but I think maybe their ponies need a +2? (instead of +1), which would still make Arcane slower than Mounted ... but not quite 'half as slow'

And, as a side note, do the Rangers from the wilderness Guild come with the ability to capture animals and beasts? (imho they should, if they do not)

Aristarkh. The undead kingdom.

I love their lore, and the specificities of their gameplay. I would like to see one programmer retake in hand them, and all this great mod.

Keep in mind that the class itself does not give combat benefits at all? It still need to be competitive compared with other classes, such as Warlord (25% Second Chance) etc.

Quick one on Second Chance % from Warlord AND Hero.
What is the final % when a Hero is a Warlord as well? 55%?
Or maybe those work independently, so essentially you get 2 chances (25% and 30%) per turn to get the promo ?

Grigori, definetly.
Love them for not caring about religion - this has personal feeling (I am an atheist) and also lets the player to focus on other techs/guilds.

Like very much the Hero abundance, at least the chance to have it. Like how Hunter is strong but not OP.
Fun leaders.

Second runner up would be gentle giants. Very different from other civ, yet still uses basic mechanics (as opposite to Astrikah etc.). What I would like to change about Jotnar is the unit upgrade path. I often catch myself not upgrading citizens to lets say Troll Hunter because I will get Troll Elder later on and "lose" the Troll Hunter awsomeness (15 STR vs. 30).... those should be upgradeable. Wild Troll -> Troll Hunter -> etc. Same for other lines.

Hi,
mod look great (running xtended 5.1 atm). I like diversity of different races. But most of my games, i have feeling that im mostly fightning agains barbarians than anything else. Any tips how to get rid fo those pesky barbarians (except turn off barbarians at the start :) )? Creating a safe land around my cities is really difficult for me...

Hi,
mod look great (running xtended 5.1 atm). I like diversity of different races. But most of my games, i have feeling that im mostly fightning agains barbarians than anything else. Any tips how to get rid fo those pesky barbarians (except turn off barbarians at the start :) )? Creating a safe land around my cities is really difficult for me...
Barbarian wont spawn inside your cultural borders so I suggest to build lots of cultural buildings.
Also, other than barbarian cities which spam ogres, I found barbarians manageable. They feed xp to my rookie military units :p

- Barbarians are really a problem. Especially those ogres. I wish that in the future it will be possible to change something about barbarians.

Buffing the Veil Religion ?

- I want to speak about one thing : the Veil religion. This religion is the worst to adopt : it plague your land, transforming every good ressources into something generally useless, destroying the food ressources to make a weak serpent pillard. Transforming slowly but surely all your land into hellish rotten land, where you often cannot build some improvement (for exemple, you cannot build new farms, you are generally stuck to workshop and trade post...). And the Veil increase the unhappyness everywhere you put it.

- The only two good things it bring you, it's the Cleric, which is strong because he has mass effect spells (but it cost 300 faith which is a lot), and the Infernal Pact civics, which reduce the population consumption from 3 to 1. Ok but as it dramatiquely increase the unhealth of your cities, it's not so usefull.

- Each time I comparate using Veil + Infernal Pact against Using Kilmorph + Arete or Leaves + Forest Civis (don't remember the name), they were largely better than Infernal Pact.

Suggestions about buffing the Veil Religion

- I don't have a clear view of what would be the best to buff Veil, without buffing it too much. I am aware of the strengh of their cleric but Cleric cost a lot of leather, and need Religious Guild level 2, so it's not easy to have them. But I don't think it's a compensation good enough.

- I propose that : Infernal Pact give no more unhealthiness. And Hellish lands can receive the normal improvements (you can build farms, cottage etc. no more restriction to fortress, workshop and trading post or mine/quarry). If not, it means some civs are forced to use improvements they don't like, they don't care. For exemple Calabim must stop making farm and making what... trading post ? Not really logical.

re jojo:
ashen veil should open sacrifice the weak civic (which compensates for the malus in health)
further, hell terrain is farmable... but difficult : some civs start in hell terrain...
(but maybe the issue is that some of the transformation from normal to hell is not well done ?? broken lands -or another one- should be farmable... I don't know if broken lands are created on hell transformation)

Re: Ashen Veil

Based on the lore, AV merges Erebus with hell. The main goal of this religion is to destroy the world. So, of course going deep in AV will bring you a lot of trouble. That is not something I will change.

Now, for the benefits of AV, they have synergy with magic (temples give +spell research), Priests have damage spell which target all enemy in the tile, lots of powerful GEs.

If you want to play AV with non Sheaim or non Infernals civs, I suggest stocking Nature (for Vitalize) or Life (for Sanctify) or Water (for Paradise GE). You can keep changing your terrains back and keep the hell terrain controlable -to some degree.

- I see the broken land and I don't see the farm button available.

- In my mind, sacrifice of the weak is and was very compatible with the Calabim vision of the human cattle. That's why I tend to think AV was normal for them. But I tend to take the civis about the forest, to have more health, or Kilmorph, to have more happiness. I don't like it but it's way better than Octupus. Octupus don't give civic, don't give these bonus.

I will keep taking non lore religion for all slaver civ including Calabim. Developping Vitalise and Sanctify is an interesting idea but spell research is far too slow to be viable to stop the spreading of hell land when my religion is available.

Balance feedback about two games done between Tasunke (as Cardith Lorda) and me (as Arendel Phaedra) :

- I often complain about feedback. It can be annoying to you Evast. But it's my duty to continue to complain. ^^

- In this case, we got a clear exemple of how unbalanced this great mod can be. No, I don't speak of "asymetrical balance" or something like that. I speak of a big, hard, unquestionnable unbalance problem.

- We played with several A.I in game on regent difficulty. He was Cardith Lorda. Kuriotate are good as they have interesting bonus, especially in early game. In late game as they cannot spam cities it can be hard for them to stay competitive. But we did not reached the late game.

- I played Arendel Phaedra. We play Classical era, for faster game. So we have religion and one guilde at turn 2. I took Fist of Leave + Cleric guilde to exploit my Faithfull trait (it gives free prophet when you take the Cleric guilde, and +50 % to any faith production).

- I used the prophet to rush religion branch. It opened me access to the Fist of Leave Civis, an absolute must have which boost your camp, your happiness, your health. Others civis are crap compared to this.

- It gave me too immediately a big health and happyness bonus as I got some forest in my capital. After have builded improvements on the special ressources I (had a pig and a deer), I built some animals camps (-50 % cost for the Ljosalfar) in the ancient forest I have. I could grow up to population 16 without happiness problem.

- According to the game information about Faith, Ancients forest give Faith to FoL followers (I don't underestand because I thought faith was now only given by Priest, Schrines and Temple district ?...) so the more ancient forest, the more faith I generated. I generated some Faith even if if my capital was a Science district.

- As I used my prophet to have two religious tech, I could build my elven hero + Rise of a Legend + Kithra Kyriel. These units + few units give me enough strengh to clean barbarians fast, and using the Bard promotion to farm culture. I used my priest to give them a FoL regeneration aura, which helped me to regain life faster.

At the end, we played in quick speed and the game was not really in mid game, I could have 250 more points in score, 2000 gold in bank (1500 were pillaged on A.I : Pillage is very overpowerd it's super easy to feed on A.I you don't even need on Merchant District). Three guilds, one was pretty advanced. Very experimented units as three A.I decided to declare war on me (don't understand why but they all did immediately one turn after I met them. Two more evil so it may be that as Arendel Phaedra is a Good Leader. But the third was a Khazad leader so I see no reason why he did that). I could push back three A.I (it's easy on Regent difficulty, I only play on Immortal on solo), have the most powerfull PNB and military strengh.

Tasunke a good, an experimented player. He knows mechanism. I know it's pure unbalance gameplay situation, as when we play with more balanced civ, score tend to be close (the game after we played Sheaims (me) against Kuriotate, and he got a better score than me.

My feedback is about a multiplayer game I had between two guys with a competitive level, opposing two civilizations on Xtended.

I describe the game progress, give facts and opinion about these facts.

It's very clear...

Sorry, but it is not clear Jojo. YMMV though.

In the first AAR you are complaining about what?
  1. Ljosalfar having crapload of health from FoL?
  2. Having access to Regeneration Aura?
  3. The fact that Ancient Forests generate Faith for FoL?

What is wrong with those according to you?

@Jojo_Fr
  1. Yes, FOL + Ancient Forests can snowball into lots and lots of Faith. Your enemy should try to burn your forests, though.
  2. As @gbursson has said, I fail to see something wrong in your description because those are working as intended.
  3. I am interested in hearing Tasunke's side of this game, how was he progressing and what had hindered him.
  4. If you are interested, try to play mirror match: next turn, you play as Kuriotates (with the same leader as Tasunke) and he play as Arendel. I'd be interested in what has happening.

Sorry, but it is not clear Jojo. YMMV though.

In the first AAR you are complaining about what?
  1. Ljosalfar having crapload of health from FoL?
  2. Having access to Regeneration Aura?
  3. The fact that Ancient Forests generate Faith for FoL?

What is wrong with those according to you?

- I don't understand when you say "AAR".

- I complain about the very big advantage (from my feelings and point of view) given ben FoL + Ljosalfar + Faithfull trait, which give you access to a very populated cities, in early game, so a high science, and high hammers capacity.

- If you take Svartalfar, I suppose it's even worst, as you have their +0,25 spellreserach per ancient forest. But they don't have Faithfull leader, so it's harder for them to reach the Fist of Leave civic.

The others fact : regeneration aura and ancient forest giving Faith, are not unbalanced (but I don't understand because I guess Evast you said faith could only be given by temples priest etc. not others features).

- Except maybe with Khazad economy and production bonus (and all the others effect it give you : strong military power, so faster barbarian cleaning, new cities builded, fast growth with cheap hunting camp etc.) reaching such high score so fast seems unpossible with the others civs.

- I can play a Mirror match yes. I can too play a mirror match with myself : I just restart a map, with a map seed close to the first map, but with another civ (Kuriotate). Anyway Kuriotate are a strong civ. If I take Sheaims for exemple, it will be a very huge gap, as the Veil fudge their land hard, they have pathetic unproductive unscientifics cities, with just several demons units coming from gates as differences. If it's not a big balance difference, I don't know what I could say to argue more.

AAR=After Action Report. It's a report that someone wrote after playing a game.

I don't understand because I guess Evast you said faith could only be given by temples priest etc. not others features
I clearly stated that every religion but FOL gets their faith mainly from Tribute to their god or buildings. Only FOL gets faith from Ancient Forests.

If I take Sheaims for exemple, it will be a very huge gap, as the Veil **** their land hard, they have pathetic unproductive unscientifics cities, with just several demons units coming from gates as differences. If it's not a big balance difference, I don't know what I could say to argue more.
I agree that Sheaim will need different play style than FOL Ljosalfar. For one, you can not rely on forests for +1 hammer and +1 health. On the other hand, those demons spawning from Planar Gates are free units. You do not spend any hammer (other than for building Planar Gates) and when they are killed, new ones will spawn. Increasing the spawning chance or the number of demon spawning will make Sheaim OP. Now, they are hard to play in the early game but when the AC is high, you will have army of demons to command.
Other than that, Queenguards are excellent units, they have magic resistance that will reduce any elemental attacks.

Top Bottom