• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Civ Hour II

Robert FIN

Emperor
Civ Hour II

Hello everyone!!:)

Its Robert FIN here again and I'm hosting now the second part of my Civ Hour series. Civ Hour is a "club" where we play MP together (usually through G Spy I think...) for fun and maybe for learning something from other players. We had only 3 players in last time but I've heard that many players wanna join us:cool: That's cool!!! Everyone is welcome, if u are noob in Civ IV like I am, it doesn't matter, we play Human versus AI games.:)

I'd like to hear suggestions about map type we'll play.

We have one big problem: TIME ZONES!!!:eek::cry::eek: If we have players from Asia, Europe and America how can we play at same time?? Ideas?? Anyway you can now sing yourself up to next game.

Players who are signed in:

-Robert FIN (me)- Eurasia Heat
-Osbiath- America Heat
-Shulgi- America Heat
-Pengu- Mystery Heat
-Packers5280- America Heat
-gamingmuse69- Eurasia Heat
-JeffreyLXV- America Heat
-Ric-Eurasia Heat
-Jary-head Leif- Eurasia Heat
-Imp. Knoedel- Eurasia Heat
-Nicol.Bolas- Eurasia Heat

Eurasia Heat plays saturdays and sundays at 8.30 GMT

Do you like my new avatar?:confused:...Just kidding. I really wanted to say that you really must sign up NOW! I have to know who is coming.

Yeah I'll play again. No need to rush people, so long as they say they want to play by Saturday morning all's good for me. We should think about when to schedule though. Last time we played at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM Eastern time (14:30 GMT and 17:00 GMT) for about an hour each time and something close to this would probably be best.

We played with no human warring last time and that was pretty enjoyable. We would like to have about a ratio of 2 AI to 1 human. Map size is dependent on number of players. Skill levels for the first game ranged from noble to emperor.

I don't know how many players are interested in such a game, but if there are more then enough maybe we could split up... Let's say:
a) Civ Hour II Europe
b) Civ Hour II America
c) Civ Hour II Asia
:confused:

No need to rush people
Sorry for rushing. I'm just very excited about our next game :)

Good to see so many people here. I quess that its still better to skip next weekend and wait for more competitors to arrive here.

@gamingmuse: Your idea is very good if there is really many players in our game. We had only one player from Asia who was interested about this (@Jarhead Leif). So I'd suggest America semi-finals and Europe and Asia semifinals. The best half of players in both semi-finals will play together in the final round. (Only if we have enough players to do these "rounds").

Sound good? No good? Tell me how you feel!! :)

I like gamingmuse's idea.If we have enough people it should work out. I'll be in the america group.

I'll keep my eyes open and my ears on.

I'll keep my eyes open and my ears on.
Welcome Jeff :) I'm happy to see you here. However I'm gonna post PMs about this game to players in "might be interested" list. That might make gamingmuse's gigantic plan possible. We'll skip this weekend bc we are waiting for more players.

I might be interested. At what time do you guys play this?

Can we play at 2:00pm (in Finland), maybe? :sad: It's, like, 8:00pm in here then.
And, is it for weekend?
Nah, it sucks to play in midday when you can do some cross-country skiing or go to play some ice hockey. What about 10 am. +2 timezone? And yes, I'm talking about "Eurasia Heat" now. Americanos can talk about their times. But I understand if other european players oppose morning games. I'd like to do that but you can tell me if you don't. Ric: Welcome! We are not sure about time we play... First you can tell us where u live or just find out the time zone so we can decide that which "heat" you'll be playing in. We have Eurasia heat and America heat. You can choose. Thanks!

Top Bottom