Civ Icon Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I'm working on a Polynesian Civ Pack, and I was wondering if you could make me an icon for the Rapanui people (who are an admittedly small ethnic group).

Anyway, this is the flag they adopted in the 2006: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Easter_Island.

I guess a suitable icon for them would be the red symbol on a white background.

The only problem with that is that the colours are too similar to Japan. Maybe you could make the colour a little more orange-y? (But no so orange that it looks like the background to the Netherlands).

Thanks, let me know what you think.

I was hoping that you could "upgrade" my Maori icon, which is lacking in quality; (which I'll attach to this post) as I'm struggling to upload the attachment for some reason). I also wonder if you had any suggestions as to an icon for the UK; at the moment I have the default English Crown, but wanted something more representative of the Empire, especially as janboruta is looking to tidy up the rest of the UK's artwork - of course, the Union Jack would not suffice in this case, as it would not match the vanilla civs.

I have a few other requests to upgrade some of my Civs which would bring them up to the vanilla standard, but I don't want to impose upon your generosity just yet, and the Maori one is really the worst, so I'll ask for those at a later date.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

JFD

Attachments

• New Picture (1).png
    New Picture (1).png
    149.2 KB · Views: 130
Just wanna let everyone know that I'm still here, I just kinda have a heavy workload and lots of testing to do with Sparta, but I should have that wrapped up by the new year.

Request: Khazar icon. Something like this:
Spoiler :

With colors like in the fantastic map attached, courtesy of janboruta :)

Attachments

• mapkhazars_zpsdef8487b.png
    mapkhazars_zpsdef8487b.png
    301.7 KB · Views: 146
New colors (RGB):

primary: 16, 205, 225
secondary/background: 96, 100, 55

turquoise on khaki

Alright, gonna work on knocking a few of these out today.

Another thing, we don't use fullbright colours in here. I'll darken it down a bit, but not too much.

Why? Because you can't cast light on something that's already 100% bright.

Also, is this what you had in mind Moriboe?

I was hoping that you could "upgrade" my Maori icon, which is lacking in quality; (which I'll attach to this post) as I'm struggling to upload the attachment for some reason). I also wonder if you had any suggestions as to an icon for the UK; at the moment I have the default English Crown, but wanted something more representative of the Empire, especially as janboruta is looking to tidy up the rest of the UK's artwork - of course, the Union Jack would not suffice in this case, as it would not match the vanilla civs.

I have a few other requests to upgrade some of my Civs which would bring them up to the vanilla standard, but I don't want to impose upon your generosity just yet, and the Maori one is really the worst, so I'll ask for those at a later date.

Thanks.

Sincerely,

JFD

How's this look?

That design looks great, but could you please reverse the colors (blue background, yellow foreground)? Since I plan to have the Svear mod replace Gustavus' Sweden, there's no risk of confusion here. Thank you! :goodjob:

These are all amazing. Might I request icons for Assassins and Templars? (the Assassins having dark red and white color scheme and the Templars having red and black)

I don't know if I want to touch copyrighted materials.

That design looks great, but could you please reverse the colors (blue background, yellow foreground)? Since I plan to have the Svear mod replace Gustavus' Sweden, there's no risk of confusion here. Thank you! :goodjob:

This where you want it? By the way, I made the logo by hand. Hope you really do like it :)

Also, did you say you'll need direct draw surfaces?

Could you also post the alpha image of this please? I tried to make my own from the image you posted but it doesn't look very good at all.

Made a second attempt, I think it looks better. Alpha image incoming.

Will this be good enough for you to get an alpha from?

This where you want it? By the way, I made the logo by hand. Hope you really do like it :)

Also, did you say you'll need direct draw surfaces?

Thank you again for fixing the icon colors; I do need the DDS version, though, to add to the Svear icon atlas. Please send it to me by either PM or e-mail attachment; I always appreciate help from a modder more talented than I am. :thanx:

I don't think the Templars would be an issue if you were to stick to the historical Knights Templar. But from the sound of it that's not what they want.

Do you think you'd be able to do a Venetian icon for me? Basically, it's the same colours as the flag from Empire: Total War, and it's the Lion of St. Mark too

I don't think the Templars would be an issue if you were to stick to the historical Knights Templar. But from the sound of it that's not what they want.

Do you think you'd be able to do a Venetian icon for me? Basically, it's the same colours as the flag from Empire: Total War, and it's the Lion of St. Mark too

yeah lemme get my microscope bro

So I've got this...

And this.

I've also thought about doing one with significantly less detail to it. What's everyone think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom