Civ Icon Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll give mine away free. Its pretty easy just put any two color image as a layer. shut off my other layers and turn on the ones at the top. To add it in game, merge all the layers then paste into gimp. Resize to what you need.

Its a psd file which can be read by PSP X2 (which I use) but its also a photoshopfile. gimp probably opens it to.

this is what I did for the california.

I am looking forward to your tutorial, your gloss looks better than mine

You forgot to burn the lower right quadrant. You also forgot the 1px outline and glow on the inside of your colour band.

These look excellent!

Like I said, I'll eventually make a tutorial that will teach you how to make your own using Photoshop. It'll need porting to the other utilities, though. Isn't Paint Shop Pro a free PS Clone?

I'd much rather teach you guys something than to just give you a handout.

Any word on that tutorial. I'd really like to update my template and get that great gloss going that you do.

I suck at Art

You want to know how to not suck at art? Get better.

Getting better requires an investment of time. If the tutorial doesn't work for you, then it's probably not your fault, but more likely a shortcoming of mine. I am a terrible teacher, after all.

Note that it is easier to do art with a graphics tablet than with a mouse. Since Civ V is turn-based, it is possible to play well using a graphics tablet.

I know that graphics tablets are not cheap (and Wacom ones are much better).

I have used Ekmek's template to create my avatar.

I'd like to let everyone know that I'm requesting that this thread be closed. Anyone who doesn't have the skills or the proper plan to make passable civ icons should direct themselves here.

Moderator Action: Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom