Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Moderator Action: Merged SMA333M's thread (the thread title here is perhaps a little misleading; this thread serves for posts with multiple ideas, or compilation threads, as well as threads with smaller ideas).

Give great generals a visible zone of "command" since stacking is out of Civ V as well as allow them to not earn xp but command points that extend the zone and even offer auras to surrounding troops.

Late-game national wonder:

National Training Center - All land units built in this city receive +30 xp. Must have constructed a Military Academy in each of your empire's cities. (possibly - must have at least two unimproved desert tiles within that city's work radius)

Prerequisite tech: Combined Arms

Would provide a nice late-game boost for conquest games, or as a defensive tool when wrapping up a cultural or science win; alternately, would be a very desirable addition for games started in the late eras.

1-We could have elections to see who's the next president:
When you're setting up the game, you choose if you want to be the president, the army general, the prime ministre.... of the game.
-if you are the amry general, your mission is to obey the president's orders. (if the president says he wants the city X, then your mission is to work and to capture this city)
If you work hard and you succecfuly accomplish all the president's orders, you get a bigger chance to win the next elections and be the president coz the people of the state will love you for leading them into victory. (there should be a bar where you see how much you get trusted when you accomplish a mission)

-if you are a prime minister, your mission is to grow the economy/culture/science of the state. If you work hard and grow very good the economy/culture/science; the people of the state will trust you and maybe vote for you in the next elections to be their president.

-if you are the president, then you have your own army, the general army is yours but is only to give them orders and to raise your power.

-if you were a general or prime ministre and you become the president, and in the next elections you didn't win, then you again become a general/prime ministre depending on what you were.

-when you are a general (or PM); you will have an election combat with the PM (or general); the winner will be the president depending on who collected more confidence.

2-There should be civil wars:
-The president; the PM and the general will have each one his own army. If the general became hostile with the president, then he will maybe decalre war on him to take his place. Or maybe the PM will become hostile with the president. Or the PM VS. the General. Or there will be a total civil war in the state (PM Vs President Vs. General)

3-There could be A Resistence Force in the state:
-This resistance will show if the state is in danger when he loose a war; it don't always show. Buy maybe 50%. Other civilizations can help it by giving it units or money.
-this resistance can assist a civil war or elections.
-It can work for the benefit of another state.

4-There could be terrorrists:
-Not barbarians; but terrorists. They can do operations that can threat all the world. they can buil a nuclear missile and lunch it on other civilizations. all the nations will be united to stop them.

-They can do operations to conquer a city in a state.

-Attention: There should be many terrorrist group; not only one terrorrist group; maybe 2 or 5 or 7.

-There maybe should be a civilization who will support these terrorrist group or create one.

5-Why not Assassinations:
-The general/president/MP/resistance leader; should be represented by units (like workers...)
-the president could be represented by a Limo and convoy surrounding it.
-the general could be represented by a military jeep and many military convoy surrounding him.
-The MP could be represented by a black jeep and only one black car in the front of him.
-The resistence leader could be represented by a man carrying a weapon and guards surrounding him (without cars)
-Maybe the (General/MP/resistance leader) can assassinate another state's leader if they don't like him or he threats their own state)

-There could be 2 leaders in a state (maybe a MP and president) that don't like each other, the MP order his man to go and assassinate the president; if he success, then a new election will begin but if he fail, then a civil war will begin.

-There could be 2 different civilization leaders that don't like each others, then they try to assassinate eache other, if they fail, then the war is on the door.

-(the story is not real; only exemples) maybe vietnam don't like america, then it want america to fall. But vietnam is to weak against america. So Vietnam will try to kill the american leader using russian clothes, weapons etc...

-This how could be the assassination table: (exemple if you are the president)
a)Assassination inside the state:
. kill the MP
. kill the general
. kill the resistance leader

b)Assassination outside the state:
. kill the leader (X ...)
. kill the leader (X ...) using weapons and clothes of (Y ....)

6-The United nations should be useful:
The members of the UN in the game can do these:
-If a state is demanding money from another state to end a war, then the UN will maybe pay for the state to help the other state.
-If a state is in way of bankrupt, then the UN will help it.
-A state can enter and quit the UN.
-Not if 2 states are in the UN then they can't enter a war again't each others.
-Not if the UN offers to pay a state to stop conquering another state mean that this state will accept.

7-They should let us when setting up a game to: (If we wanted to)
-Choose the state's name.
-choose the state's flag.
-choose the state's religion.
-choose the state's cities name.
-choose the (president/MP/General) animation when talking with them:
a)You edit the (President/MP/Gen.) appearence.
b)You choose the background of the (President/MP/Gen.)'s place.
c)You choose the way that he(welcome/declare war on/accept/refuse...) you.
d)There should be 1000 stuffs for this.

8-We should have a create a world in the main game.

9-There should be a table in the game that represent all the wars of all the game. A HISTORY i mean. It will say:
-X declared war on X in turn:X and year:X
-X conquered city X. in // // //
-The UN gave money to X to end war on X.
-General X failed to kill president X and the civil war started in X.
-MP X was assassinated in turn:X and // //.
-Civ X had the first person to arrive to the space in turn:X and year:X

10-There should be a table representing the history of the most powerful states:
-Civ X became the most powerful state in year:X and turn:X
- // // // // // // // // // // // // //

11-When a civilization conquer all ur cities, you should not loose and get out automaticaly from the game, but you will do these steps:
-You dont loose, even if you dont have any city or any unit.
-You cant control anything in ur civilization.
-If you were a President (or anything else) and your country became conquered, you'll not be the president anymore, because everybody (Presidents, generals, PM, party's leaders....) will become with the civilization that conquered you.
-You become a resistance leader, and you start growing ur secret military that nobody can see it, only you, even if you are in ur conquered civilization.
-You can get help from a civilization that hate the civilization that conquered you, i mean help by money, military units...
-You can make assassinations, and nobody will know that this is you, even if you fail because nobody know about your movement.
-When u are ready for war, then start it. At this moment, everybody will know you and they can see ur military units, (Presidents, generals.... can choose if they will help you or help the other civilization), if you win, then you gain victory BUT if you fail, then this is the moment that you should say goodbye for the game. LOL.
-So the game should give you a second chance.

12- The city should not be one part, it should be 4 or 5 parts:
-When a war start, or better a Civil War, and military units are getting ready to conquer a city, they should start conquering parts of this city to control it all. Ex: "I am a Prime ministre and i have my own military and i am in a civil war with the General or with a Party. I want to conquer that city whish it is controled by The Part X, so my forces start conquering the south of the city, then the west, then the east, then the north." (You see how, when conquering a part, you should fight until its health reach 0, then you go to the other part of the city, you will maybe fail the war)

-I'll LOVE this cz it happens at big cities in the real world in Civil Wars, yeah I think when you control only a part of a big city and you're getting ready to try moving to the other part.

I think more units should ask for resources also... like the Missile Cruiser. In Civ 5 vanilla, that required 1 aluminium to be built. I don't get it why they removed that. Now the Missile Cruiser is much better than Battleship and requires no resource... still, can't even upgrade Battleships to Missile Cruisers.

Also, in every era there is a ranged naval unit and a melee one... but there is no melee naval unit to match the power of the Missile Cruiser. The Destroyer is weaker than it... so maybe they should add a new "melee" ship too, for late game. An improved Destroyer or something...

I also think that Machine Guns shouldn't upgrade to Mech Infantry. They are good as they are, I keep them like that for defending cities. But if they want an upgrade for it, then maybe they should make a new type of ranged unit, with 1 hex range, for city defense.

Chariots should upgrade to another ranged unit, not to a melee unit (maybe they should take the same "path" as the Archer, up to Machine Gun).

I'd like to see different graphics modes, including one which is very basic, for people with laptops who want to play while travelling, and another for those who don't want to have to upgrade their system to play the game, as Civ 5 pretty much demanded!

Civ doesn't need hardcore graphics to be fun!!

Also, I want proper Civ2-style advisors.

And Alpha Centauri!

I think more units should ask for resources also... like the Missile Cruiser. In Civ 5 vanilla, that required 1 aluminium to be built. I don't get it why they removed that. Now the Missile Cruiser is much better than Battleship and requires no resource... still, can't even upgrade Battleships to Missile Cruisers.

Also, in every era there is a ranged naval unit and a melee one... but there is no melee naval unit to match the power of the Missile Cruiser. The Destroyer is weaker than it... so maybe they should add a new "melee" ship too, for late game. An improved Destroyer or something...

I also think that Machine Guns shouldn't upgrade to Mech Infantry. They are good as they are, I keep them like that for defending cities. But if they want an upgrade for it, then maybe they should make a new type of ranged unit, with 1 hex range, for city defense.

Chariots should upgrade to another ranged unit, not to a melee unit (maybe they should take the same "path" as the Archer, up to Machine Gun).

I'd like to see those ideas fleshed out into a full thread.

AI should be more self-preserving.
Player's army consisting of 4 swordsmen (3 of them with "city attack" promotion), 2 archers, 2 catapults is attacking AI cities. AI has only 2 trireme units.
Player offers truce in exchange for all gold AI has (~500). AI declines and looses 1st city to player (of 3 own cities and 2 puppets).
Player offers truce in exchange for all gold AI has (496). AI declines and looses 2nd city to player (of 2 own cities and 2 puppets).
Player offers truce in exchange for all gold AI has (492). AI declines and looses 3rd city to player (of 1 own cities and 2 puppets). Now AI has only 2 puppet cities.

Question is: why AI doesn't care about itself? There is no chance AI can buy a unit with this amount of gold. There is no chance AI can buy City Walls with this amount of gold.

Why AI chooses total annihilation of itself in favor of gold?

I liberated Egypt once... then I proposed them defensive pact too, so they don't lose their cities again. They refused and were hostile against me... great... I put them back on map and they are hostile.

In the next turns they lost their cities again... they should accept defensive pact when a stronger civ offer them that... and also they should "understand" what it means to be liberated.

Since we no longer have multiple leaders as well as attributes that affect production, border growth etc.

Allow us to employ advisers with said attributes and be able to dismiss them etc.

Allow us to employ advisers with said attributes and be able to dismiss them etc.

Nice idea.. or maybe a government... where you have minister of economy, minister of science, minister of culture... and so on... you can can chose from many... each with it's own unique bonus, for it's ministry. That would be something interesting.

Maybe a way to unlock them too... and after you have all, you can get a Prime Minister... which gives bonuses for everything.

Quick suggestion:

Machine guns and Gatling guns should have a promotion that slightly improves the defense of any city they are in, above and beyond any already-existing bonuses (like the bonus for garrisioned units within the Tradition SP track, etc). Otherwise, what's the difference between a melee unit and either of the new Guns, since, after all, a melee unit in a city can attack safely, too, so long as it gets a turn or three to heal?

Adjust the following wonders:

- Great Library now requires a library in the city where it's built, but its cost is reduced by the cost of a library.
- Great Lighthouse now requires a lighthouse in the city where it's built, but its cost is reduced by the cost of a lighthouse.
- Great Wall now requires a city wall etc.
- Alhambra requires a castle...
- Hagia Sofia requires a temple...
- CN Tower requires a broadcast tower...

This is to get rid of the annoyance of starting to build a wonder, failing to finish it first and then have to start building the improvement the wonder was supposed to provide. It makes more sense that way, too.

Following wonders should not change, since they may provide a building that the builder hasn't necessarily the technology / religion for:
- Petra
- Great Mosque of Djenne
- Himeji Castle

Helicopters should be able to fly over shallow oceans and lakes, crossing without embarking and attacking offshore ships.

That is all.

Quick suggestion:

Machine guns and Gatling guns should have a promotion that slightly improves the defense of any city they are in, above and beyond any already-existing bonuses (like the bonus for garrisioned units within the Tradition SP track, etc). Otherwise, what's the difference between a melee unit and either of the new Guns, since, after all, a melee unit in a city can attack safely, too, so long as it gets a turn or three to heal?

Both Guns can attack on every turn safely, without needing to heal. That's always been the key advantage of garrisoning ranged units in cities as opposed to melee units.

Helicopters should be able to fly over shallow oceans and lakes, crossing without embarking and attacking offshore ships.

That is all.
Thirded

Adjust the following wonders:

- Great Library now requires a library in the city where it's built, but its cost is reduced by the cost of a library.
- Great Lighthouse now requires a lighthouse in the city where it's built, but its cost is reduced by the cost of a lighthouse.
- Great Wall now requires a city wall etc.
- Alhambra requires a castle...
- Hagia Sofia requires a temple...
- CN Tower requires a broadcast tower...

I like it!
I too hate having to chose between building a library and the Great Library. However, this will make wonders harder to rush with a Great Engineer (not that that is too much of a problem).

1. Hm.. sometimes I like to start in information era. I noticed religion is turned off if you start like that. In Civ 4, civs were randomly getting religions if you were starting like that. I'd like to see religion in game, even if I start in information era.

2. I was thinking that maybe it's possible to have an option when you set up a game: Simultaneous Turns (in single player). I hate Simultaneous Turns but what I hate even more is me waiting 1-2 mins for the AI to end it's turn. So maybe if they do their stuff in the same time with me, the game will run better. Like... it might take me 1-2 mins to do my moves... meanwhile the AI does it's moves... and when I press TURN... it should take like 2-3 seconds maximum to get in the next turn. I'd like to see that option, if possible.

But ofcourse, some optimization to make turns take less time would be much better...

I was thinking that maybe it's possible to have an option when you set up a game: Simultaneous Turns (in single player). I hate Simultaneous Turns but what I hate even more is me waiting 1-2 mins for the AI to end it's turn. So maybe if they do their stuff in the same time with me, the game will run better. Like... it might take me 1-2 mins to do my moves... meanwhile the AI does it's moves... and when I press TURN... it should take like 2-3 seconds maximum to get in the next turn. I'd like to see that option, if possible.

But ofcourse, some optimization to make turns take less time would be much better...

Simultaneous Turns ends when a war occurs, doesn't it? I so rarely played MP that I don't know much about it, but if I recall, isn't there a condition that Simultaneous Turns is turned off when a couple of different things occur? If so, it might not affect play-speed so much, because it wouldn't last long in many games, and in single player, the place where you would need it the most (late game) is where it's likely you couldn't implement it (due to being at war with an AI).

Top Bottom