Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Camikaze, Oct 17, 2010.
Bring back the Hall of Fame
Would love to see a mod that balances continents. My current game has six civilizations and one city state on one continent and the other two civs and seven city states on the other continent.
One thing that annoys me is the music: sometimes it stops. It should always play.
Also: I miss the war background music! I can't take down Gorgos army while playing some flute. Please add new music again!
I'd love to see a canal district. It has no other benefit then allowing naval units to pass through. It must be built next to water, a city center, or another canal tile.
Also, increase the movement cost of entering a canal district so you can only move 1 tile at a time.
Friends at Civ6. In the late game I love reading about the biographies of the Great People but every time it cycles through players and it forces me to hit "Biography" over and over. It would be a really nice and small fix if you were able to make this possible.
Some new suggestions for French leaders, since they will probably be getting a couple in DLC.
Ability: Centralization - Can change civics using Faith. Whenever you change your civics using faith, gain a production boost in the capitol. Garrisons provide +1 faith after researching mysticism.This bonus is doubled if your government type is Monarchy or Theocracy.
Agenda: The Sun King - Wants to have the best capitol in the game. Likes Civs with a less impressive capitol, dislikes civs with with a better capitol than him.
Ability: Grand Army - Units get a slight bonus for being next to others of the same type. Siege units starting in the renaissance era start with a free promotion. Land trade routes sent to you provide +production and +gold to you, and you may demand trade exclusivity with other players.
Agenda: Continental System - Wants everyone to trade only with him. Will attempt to force players into trade exclusivity with him if they don't do so peacefully.
For a fan of fewer larger expansive cities, I'd love to see a mod increasing workable tiles from 3 to 5 or above.
1. Civics need filters. (By era or user tagged)
2. Auto Cycle Troops.... If i click on another unit it should not auto switch when the animation is done.
3. Bigger Tags -- Something more eye catching on screen (thank you for bringing them back. They were missed in civ 5)
4. Ping Multi player game (like in civ 4)
5. Zoom all the way out to globe view (like in civ 4)
Thanks for the awesome game. Been Playing since Civ 1
So I was looking around how it was implemented in civ 5, and it looks like this may require extensive modding, including changes in the dll. So probably won't happen until the SDK comes out.
This link: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpo...75&postcount=7
I'd love to see a building for the neighborhood to allow the city to work an extra tile (4 tiles out instead of the usual 3 with only 1 neighborhood), allowing for taller (or more wonderous) cities in the late game; maybe call it a town hall. I'd also like to see a housing project with 1 gold maintenance and 1 extra unhappiness (or -1 ammenity) and a highrise condominium to add extra housing but cost 2 gold maintenance with no extra unhappiness.
Maybe a great merchant could build suburban malls (act like a market + 1 ammenity), another mercgant build suburban banks, and a great engineer build suburban industrial parks (factories with only local/city production boost)?
The Civic and tech trees need to be much bigger. It is so easy to go through the ages, without even trying. Not enough time to take advantage of era advantages because god damn it we advance so fast, there aren't enough techs/civics to research.
- omission option in the advanced settings please! (Game setup and I'd like to see everyone BUT Ghandi (eg) in my game)
- we need more info in the civilopedia and hyperlinks from entry to entry
- you should be able to move windows around ingame! Would help a lot!!! civilopedia, GP-screen etc...
- Oh, and please please please give me an ingame notepad or something! Right now I'm using windows notepad - getting out of the game... maybe put it in the view reporst screen so that you can put notes on every city?
- View Reports screen - Key-bindings? Should be - directly in, directly out. fix the columnheads so you can still see them while scrolling down!
1. Bring back the "Alert" button from Civ V. I don't like the fact that I have to choose between Fortifying a sentry unit (then letting the enemy AI creep up on it and hit the sentry unit first) or skipping turn/bypassing unit EVERY SINGLE TURN. Sentry units need an Alert button that places them on Defend but set to be awakened and we are alerted when enemy is in sight. I know code is there for this since units on Auto-explore stop and alert us when they see an enemy unit near them.
2. Bring back ability to name cities.
3. Be able to re-name units more than once.
4. Where are paratroops?
5. Keep last game start settings.
6. Restart game button for those weak map starts.
7. Show path for units set to move to distant hexes.
I'd like to see Matthew Ridgeway as a Great General.
I agree and would go even one step further - we play an alternative world history all the time, why don't we have alternative tech and civic branches?. For example, there is no ( or not enough ) oil, so instead of developing techs that require a combustion engine, new technologies based on steam engines could be developed ( something in the direction of steam punk ) I think with some fantasy you can come up with ideas in which different directions technology development could have developed, if like in this example certain key resources are missing or just if the focus of a civ is somewhere completely different.
An idea to improved early housing i came up with to not reroll every start that's not on a full river, quoted from another thread:
I really don't like the religion lens, it needs to be toned down, or I need the option to not automatically activate it when selecting a religious unit. For one thing, it is visually unpleasant, but it also makes terrain very difficult to see.
Some small gripes with Civ 6:
- Japan should have a coast start bias, it doesn't (I've checked in the files)
- The Great Library usually comes too late to give a real boost benefit, it should be put earlier in the tree (and say nerfed to 3 random boosts) or have a different effect
- There is no clear way to tell how long an ongoing Trade Route will last, the report should show turns remaining
- There is no quick way to see which districts your cities have, you have to wait for a Spy; there should be icons in the city report
It could also be used to carry water over a couple of plots, if you can build multiple copies of it. Alternatively, a canal improvement could be used to bring water near an Aqueduct (with no ship movement, of course)
Idea for a new China leader:
Leader bonus: People's War
Units receive a +5 Combat Strength on their home continent. Farms provide +100% housing.
Leader agenda: Let a thousand flowers bloom
Likes civilizations with a strong military, but only if they are also strong in culture.
Separate names with a comma.