Civ Ideas & Suggestions Not-Worth-Their-Own-Thread

Just a small thing I noticed: the Colossal Head improvement you get from La Venta should be buffed. It provides +2 Faith, while Armagh's Monastery improvement provides +2 Faith and heals adjacent religious units.

This is a moderator approved thread for the posting of any ideas and suggestions that are not worth their own thread (as the name would suggest). If you have a relatively small idea, or a collection of relatively small ideas, it would be beneficial for the sake of forum organisation to post it here. They'll probably get more attention here than they otherwise would, and the forum will be much more easy to browse.

"I would like this new button", "It would be cool if this particular unit did slightly more damage" and "Why not include this wonder in the game?" might be good examples of ideas that would perhaps be best posted here.

So, what are some cool ideas or suggestions you have for the next instalment of Civ, whether it be an expansion pack or a new game?

Bring CANADA into the game. Toronto as a City-State? C'mon....the True North Strong and Free deserve a place in this historical game.

I've always been a huge fan of the whole "complete everything in this tree for a hand at your desired victory" thing. So I was thinking that the game could have four special wonders that unlock roughly when the middle game ends and late game begins. So once you enter the atomic era on either science or civics or if both are in the modern era these wonders could all unlock. Possibly they could even act as wonder-districts and allow you to put certain buildings in them!

Mecca Clock Tower (Religious)- Civs with trade route to this City have pressure exerted on every single city in that Civ.

Las Vegas Strip (Cultural)- Provides 150% the amount of culture generated by any city with a world wonder as tourism. Provides random value of Gold per turn ranging from +2 to -1.

Atomium (Scientific)- +5 Science from iron resources, +3 from copper, gold, silver, or aluminum. Enables metal resources on the map to be extracted by workers for a kick on spaceship part production.

Kim Il-sung Square (Domination)- Enables the production of weaker "Proto Nuke" one-use air units once you reach the atomic era or another Civ completes Manhattan Project, whichever comes first.

As someone who hates the visual representation of the Zoo, I'd like to see it replaced by a fair grounds or circus complete with a Ferris wheel.

Another good one!

OOPARTS, or out of place artifacts and tech that was "ahead of its time" would make a great addition to the game. On the tech tree, after related tech you'd see a "dead end" branch. This would act as a sort of wonder on the tech tree that only one Civ is allowed to have. For instance, after Optics could be the option to go for the Antikithera Mechanism (Classical Greek analog computer that's 1000 years older than any other analog computer) and while it might cost lots of science and put you behind on that tree, get done and you can enter deep water in the Classical era! Or after iron working, research Damascus Steel (ancient carbon fiber) and it could improve your swordsmen. Or maybe the Object of Aiud in the late Renaissance era could reveal aluminum on the map?

well so far in my first game - i just been declared war on by china. apparently still annoyed that in the modern era, with me not building any, i got more wonders. a trivial reason for war but thats not my issue.

im allied to gilgamesh and the sycthians (however its spelled) and nothing from them about denouncing china even. not even offers of units. not that i need the help i have the biggest military. but it would be nice to have more diplomacy - such as allies or friends immediately denouncing a warmonger like china or russia. also the ability to warn off a state even an ally from warring against a city state when i am suzerain. and i cant even gift units to aid my client city state!

i also want more than the ability to look at each civ in the modern era and see only my relationship. if two civs go to war it should show up that they are at war with the other when i look in their diplomacy thing. or add a tab 'conflicts' where i can see who is at war with whom. it may be hard to do it in the ancient era but when we have embassies and telegraph and spies it wouldnt be hard to find out russia is at war with germany AND with egypt. and what city states are at war.

spies again there are not enough, and you cant make them at the right times. i also cant see how im leading science victory when im still using redcoats (albeit with artillery and battleships and ironclads) and russia is defending its cities with machine guns. its like im behind in techs somehow yet leading? plus it takes so long to make units that often by the time you near having a usable quantity (ie more than one or two) they are obsolete. i would prefer an option to stretch time in the modern era onwards so you have time to make those huge armies of modern era weapons and ships and fight a few wars before going to the atomic era with carriers and jetplanes. the compromise with choosing other things to build should be less of one later on - as civs get higher population and more advanced they surely can do more than one thing at a time in a city or how did anyone win world war 1?

oh and im sick and tired of the damned 'needs more housing/amenites' warnings. if i cant build those things without making the city unable to feed itself then it should not warn me it should compensate so that it DOESNT expand and need more housing - because there isnt room for any, and same thing with amenities. instead they should demand a railway connection to the nearest city with amenities which only requires transport link to be built.

those are my first impressions so far, playing an epic game on settler difficulty.

Last edited:
russia has a builder just wandering around with nothing to do. i would love to be able to go to diplomatic screen and offer to hire/buy the builder. maybe in the modern era on, because nations often employ contractors from foreign countries (france employing a british architect to design a bridge, or china building infrastructure in africa). depending on the power of each nation , it could earn gratitude or gratitude AND influence.

here is an idea about any fighter unit:
-Whenever some warrior unit (any) leveled up to highest xp, upon its death there can be a small chance of creating a hero legend relic. It is like religious relics created after some apostle death's.
-This relic either can create tourism either can be consumed by some other warrior unit for xp or some other bonuses.

given the constant annoying spam in the corner about cities needing more housing and the fact that if you build it, it will have to be on something else, normally farmland, and given that this often winds up with the city not making enough food for itself (thats what i find in my current game) i think it is time for settlers to do something more than 'found a city'. you should have two options - found city, and settle.

when you pick settle you start a village, which is wholly farm centric. it has an old style but limited build type. so think of how civ 5 does cities, occupies ONLY 1 tile - except the most you can build is a town wall - which changes the village graphic to a town graphic and the village (it doesnt have a name) renames to 'market town'. caravans would be able to set a route to the market town and this would transfer extra food to the city. once the road is built to the market town/village, the extra food would become available constantly unless the areas of fields around the village or the village itself is pillaged.

as the population of the village grows it will have a greater expanse of 'controlled' territory it can build on, representing how a small village will farm a large area compared to its population. the population cant work tiles more than 2 away from the village/town, so cities can expand their territory further out. should a city be founded near enough then it could turn the village/town into a suburb - basically you place a neighbourhood over it (the town cuts the cost and turns needed to build neighborhoods). optionally this will stop any farm tiles too far from the city being worked by that town (it doesnt exist any more). another option could be, that by sending another settler you can found a city on the town site, which basically gives you a city with some things prebuilt - farms mainly although some village/town improvements would carry over such as the town walls become ancient or medieval walls.

suggested limited improvements for town:
granary
blacksmithy (unique to village/towns)
market
walls

thats all i can think of offhand. i dont think small villages would have barracks or some other basic city improvements, and could only raise a militia anyways which would appear only if no unit was assigned to defend the town, and barbarians or enemy units move to take the town. it would be much weaker than a regular unit, and totally defenseless if moved outside the town walls (its basically civilians closing the gates and manning the walls.

Well I actually like the civilizations so far, however it would be great if there are some smaller ones from Eastern Europe in there as well.
For Example:
Romania, led by Vlad III (Vlad the Impaler, Romanian version: Vlad Țepeș) Ruler of Wallachia
Unique Ability: +25% Influence with city-states and +10% Damage in Enemy Territory (Don't really know an ability just yet)
Unique Improvement: Bran Castle
Unique Unit: Falxmen (Can't think of anything else at the moment)
Anyway I would really love to see Romania being added in the game. I think Vlad the Impaler is known more in the USA and the other European countries, since he was a strict, but fair, ruler who did impale people. Also Dracula was inspired by him, so that is how most people know about him.

A wonder idea. Unlocked with the Industrial era Civic, Natural History

Kew Gardens
Must be built adjacent to a campus
+1 Science for all plantations within the city
Provides a source of two plantation-based luxuries. (If possible, these will be resources the civilization does not have within it's borders at the time of construction.)

I think it would be nice to be able to build Neighborhoods anywhere within the border of your city and not just within the 3 tiles limit

After the encampment has been built, military units could be produced in this encampment. In cities, we continue to produce buildings and all units . So that the game will be more active.

After the encampment has been built, military units could be produced in this encampment. In cities, we continue to produce buildings and all units . So that the game will be more active.
Do you mean that encampments would have their own production queue instead of relying on their city's production? That's pretty interesting, though I'd probably restrict it to one unit at a time so you can't be building a land/sea/air unit all at the same time.

Do you mean that encampments would have their own production queue instead of relying on their city's production? That's pretty interesting, though I'd probably restrict it to one unit at a time so you can't be building a land/sea/air unit all at the same time.
Yes, I mean it. If it must be restricted to one unit, I think we can produce a land military unit in encampment and a building or non military units like builders, settlers, traders etc. in city. When we built seaport we can begin produce sea units in this seaports.

In real life, states could produce soldiers and buildings at same time. Why can't we do it in game? :)

Last edited:
I'd really like them to add a government policy that speeds production on new districts. Maybe call it "Zoning" or something.

Top Bottom