Civ IV diplomacy features?

Putmalk

Deity
Hi Communitas,

I created a mod over here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=141452526 to add some diplomatic features into the game, inspired by Civ 4. For now, it only includes "Share Opinion" from Civ IV - a feature where you can ask another AI how they feel about a particular player. It's completely modular and adaptable, and different from how InfoAddict handles things (I assume at least, I don't use InfoAddict) in that the AI can refuse to show you their details based on their attitude toward you.

You have my permission to include it into Communitas if you want (as far as I understand, this mod is a community project accepting submissions from anyone? Is this correct?). But I don't recommend having the Global Politics feature from InfoAddict included with this, because this feature is intended to give the AI the ability to hide their foreign politics with you.

It's a DLL mod. You'd have to rip specific pieces of my code and implement it into your custom DLL if you're using it. You can just Ctrl+F "//Added by Putmalk" and you should find all of my edits, I'm sure I added that comment to any changes I made.

Please let me know if you decide to use it. It should be bug-free....

When you do get back Thal, I think this is an obvious inclusion for a dll part of your mod - especially since it's a lot easier to put it in before the GEM dll gets too big.

I feel I should post that it seems equally obvious to me that this shouldn't be in the base mod but rather a modmod since it's starting to stray more substantially from the base game functionality.

I feel I should post that it seems equally obvious to me that this shouldn't be in the base mod but rather a modmod since it's starting to stray more substantially from the base game functionality.

It modifies the DLL, you can't make it a modmod. But you can make every feature optional (with only really an addition of new game options and inserts into the code here and there to make sure they only work when that option is enabled.

I spent a couple minutes merging the five lua files that Putmalk mentions here. There doesn't seem to be any direct incompatibilities with the two mods from the lua files. I used CivUP v2.5.2 and cIV DF v5 as the base files and are the required mod versions.

I am a big fan of the diplomacy additions that Putmalk has introduced with his mod but I've been playing with CivUP for so long that I couldn't do without the interface changes. I have played a couple of games with both cIV DF and CivUP and it seems like there aren't any obvious problems with the two running together.

Attachments

• Merged.zip
    132.5 KB · Views: 145
I spent a couple minutes merging the five lua files that Putmilk mentions here. There doesn't seem to be any direct incompatibilities with the two mods from the lua files. I used CivUP v2.5.2 and cIV DF v5 as the base files and are the required mod versions.

I am a big fan of the diplomacy additions that Putmilk has introduced with his mod but I've been playing with CivUP for so long that I couldn't do without the interface changes. I have played a couple of games with both cIV DF and CivUP and it seems like there aren't any obvious problems with the two running together.

Is CivUP a DLL mod? Or does it just modify LUA and XML?

If I get more information on how the mod works I can provide the necessary files to merge the two together.

Is CivUP a DLL mod? Or does it just modify LUA and XML?

If I get more information on how the mod works I can provide the necessary files to merge the two together.

I believe CivUP does not modify any dll files, but I would not be able to say that with authority.

Very nice.

The full list of files I modify are:

Code:
CivilopediaScreen.lua
DiploCurrentDeals.xml
DiploTrade.xml
DiscussionDialog.lua
DiscussionDialog.xml
LeaderHeadRoot.lua
LeaderHeadRoot.xml
SimploDiploTrade.xml
TechButtonInclude.lua
TradeLogic.lua

Now I will say, I did not really mark my LUA files well (logging all my edits at some point after Version 6 so I can create my Vanilla and BNW versions) so you might have to do some digging to get them working correctly.

If you need help with converting, PM me.

Very nice.

The full list of files I modify are:

Code:
CivilopediaScreen.lua
DiploCurrentDeals.xml
DiploTrade.xml
DiscussionDialog.lua
DiscussionDialog.xml
LeaderHeadRoot.lua
LeaderHeadRoot.xml
SimploDiploTrade.xml
TechButtonInclude.lua
TradeLogic.lua

Now I will say, I did not really mark my LUA files well (logging all my edits at some point after Version 6 so I can create my Vanilla and BNW versions) so you might have to do some digging to get them working correctly.

If you need help with converting, PM me.

Thanks for the complete list! I just checked and luckily CivUP doesn't modify any of those xml files. Which is lucky because I didn't check any of that before attempting the merge.

Actually, I think it fits perfectly into GEM - it enhances the original game while not drastically changing any mechanics. The upcoming vassal system that the mod will have might be a bit more drastic - but, c'mon, they were in Civ IV :p

From that side, it does fit. I still wouldn't really want it.

I'm just not sure that civIV style diplomacy agreements fit well into the civV style.

I think after BNW hits we will see all the new changes and get a better idea on whats needs adding, changing, etc... God damn it I want it to be July NOW!

Actually, I think it fits perfectly into GEM - it enhances the original game while not drastically changing any mechanics. The upcoming vassal system that the mod will have might be a bit more drastic - but, c'mon, they were in Civ IV :p

The upcoming vassal system is extremely drastic - it also is going to include a new AI metric (Global State, essentially How am I doing in the world compared to everyone else?).

As of right now it's only part of the vassalage system though, and even better, the entire vassalage system can be turned off with one button (and you can always turn vassals off in the DLL by the use of one change "return true to return false" in canMakeVassal().

Couldnt belive my luck when I found this mod in the workshop. Id love to be able to use this with civUP and GeM, but I get the leader screen with no options.

I realy miss being able to trade maps, but most of all I miss being able to trade tech's. Loved giving smaller civ's tech's in civ 4.

Is a cut down version of this possible with just the tech trading? Has anyone messed around and done this already?

Couldnt belive my luck when I found this mod in the workshop. Id love to be able to use this with civUP and GeM, but I get the leader screen with no options.

I realy miss being able to trade maps, but most of all I miss being able to trade tech's. Loved giving smaller civ's tech's in civ 4.

Is a cut down version of this possible with just the tech trading? Has anyone messed around and done this already?

If someone wants to pull that feature for communitas, you need to pull my modifications from Civ IV Diplomacy that affect tech trading into Communitas. And that would make this modify the DLL (if it doesn't already).

I will be doing this work (separating out each feature and how to implement) for people probably by the end of the month, as I need it to start porting over to BNW when that hits.

Putmalk your mod sounds really interesting and I hope it will merged with Communitas, you could add it by yourself, as the Communitas projekt files are at Github.
According to Thals Website, he will be back in the next few weeks...

You got my vote mate :)

Ehhh I don't have time to merge them right now...maybe in the future?

Top Bottom