Civ IV + expansion(s) packaged together?

Slax

Prince
For those without Civ IV (like myself), has anyone heard if there will be a Civ IV + Civ IV:BtS package? Or a package with Civ IV + Warlords + BtS ?

I actually suspect there will be another expansion, so this will not likely be called "Complete".

Any announcements? Whats the history of such packages?

Not right away but I can see them making a Civ IV complete with both Warlords (the scenarios at least) and BtS on a single DVD.

Probably some time next year.

I don't believe there will be another expansion, but regardless it will likely be a while before you can get a packaged deal. You'll probably have to buy them separately.

I have done my own homework on past releases. I realize ownership has changed hands, but here is the official release trend since 2001 (USA dates):

Civ III: Original -Oct 2001
Civ III: Play the world -Oct 2002
Civ III: Game of the year -Oct 2002
Civ III: Gold Edition -Oct 2003 (Orig + PTW)
Civ III: Conquests -Oct 2003 (essentially includes PTW)
Civ III: Complete -Aug 2005 (Orig + PTW + Conquests) Edit: (first release in 2004)

Civ IV: Original -Nov 2005
Civ IV: Warlords -Jul 2006
Civ IV: Game of the Year - Sept 2006
Civ IV: Beyond the Sword -Jul 2007 (essentially includes Warlords)

(I have not included Chronicles)

So I guess I am wondering if re-packaging of the original, like the "Game of the Year" or "Gold Edition" will be used for Civ IV?

I think we can assume that in a few months time we will see a Gold Edition. All good publishers release one to bag the people who didn't get any of the series (ie the slow people who were drunk when it was released first ;) sorry)

Probably a Civilization 4: Beyond the Warlords, that includes Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword .exe launchers, separate CDs and separate /Assets/XML folders, akin to the Age of Mythology Gold Edition.

Edit: I bought "Red Alert: Gold", which included both expansions for that game. $9.99. :3
It came out about a year after Counterstrike came out (The expansion to RA, not the Half-Life mod)

Probably a Civilization 4: Beyond the Warlords, that includes Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword .exe launchers, separate CDs and separate /Assets/XML folders...
It came out about a year after Counterstrike came out (The expansion to RA, not the Half-Life mod)

Yes, if the trend continues, a "Complete" version with both expansions probably won't come out for a year. I don't think I'll wait THAT long.

Probably a Civilization 4: Beyond the Warlords, that includes Vanilla, Warlords, and Beyond the Sword .exe launchers, separate CDs and separate /Assets/XML folders, akin to the Age of Mythology Gold Edition.

I doubt they would use separate CDs and instead just go for a single DVD to save money. A complete collection for Civ IV would end up being 5 CDs (2 for vanillia, 1 for Warlords and 2 for BtS)

Note: Will everybody get a DVD drive on their PC so we can finally stop seeing PC games on CD. I'm sick of juggling around 4 or 5 CDs every time I want to install something.

BtS 2 cd's yeah?

Thats big for an expantion!

I expect we'll see a Civ 4 Complete in time for the 2008 Holidays. Presuming, of course, we don't see a 3rd Expansion next year.

I doubt they would use separate CDs and instead just go for a single DVD to save money. A complete collection for Civ IV would end up being 5 CDs (2 for vanillia, 1 for Warlords and 2 for BtS)

Note: Will everybody get a DVD drive on their PC so we can finally stop seeing PC games on CD. I'm sick of juggling around 4 or 5 CDs every time I want to install something.

Civ 4 vanilla and warlords is one disc each:confused:

Agreed. But how about a Gold Edition without BtS?

Depends. I don't know how well the CIII Gold Edition sold, and with Civ Chronicles being another method for gaining Civ 4 ... I think Gold won't happen. Or, if I was Firaxis, I wouldn't bother.

Just thought I'd update my list on post #5 when I found there was a little publicized (and hard to find in Canada) Civ IV: Game of the Year Edition in 2006.

It doesn't remove the problem in some cases either. For example, Medieval II: Total War comes on 2 DVDs in Europe (don't know how it's packaged in US or Canada).

Well - Looks like there will be a Gold Edition (Civ IV + Warlords + some extras) after all. July 17.
Had they announced this 1.5 weeks ago, I would be jumping for it, but I went the EBay route (we'll see how that turns out).

Top Bottom