1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ IV Intersite Demogame Sign-up Thread

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy and Team Games' started by RegentMan, Apr 2, 2006.

1. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

The [civ4] Intersite Demogame is a fancy way of saying a PBEM game. However, instead of you verses me and four other people, it is Civ fan site verses Civ fan site. There are no AIs and no individuals; every civilization in the game is controlled by a team. You may be as active as you want. Post often or lurk, it is up to you, although it's always best to have as many opinions as possible. ;)

If you'd like to be on Team CFC, please post in this thread. Then request access via your group memberships. You must post and agree to this pledge in your sign up post:
    Because of the large number of Civ sites wanting to play, we're playing two games of seven sites. The last three standing in both games move on to the final round. CFC is in game two:

Game Two
    Civilization Fanatics' Center (CFC)
    Civilization Brazil (CBR)
    Evolution Games (EVG)
    Civilized Online Gaming Community (COG)
    German Webring Team (GWT)
    Gamecatcher Alliance (GCA)
    Batrachos (BAT)

Click here to see CFC's [c3c] ISDG private forums. You can get an idea on how the game was set up and played.

Team CFC's Member List - (in alphabetical order)
    admiral-bell
    azzaman333
    Ball Lightning
    Bartholomaï
    BCLG100
    Bede
    Black_Hole
    chessplayer
    CivGeneral
    classical_hero
    cody_the_genius
    croxis
    deshelbr
    dl123654
    Donovan Zoi
    dutchfire
    dzn
    Empiremaker
    Emp.Napoleon
    Emp. Killyouall
    gandhi rules
    gbno1fan
    genine
    Ginger_Ale
    Hyronymus
    ice2k4
    Joe Harker
    Karhu
    Karl Townsend
    Kuningas
    lost_civantares
    Memphus
    Methos
    moonshine_MS
    MrC
    Nobody
    Nylan
    Oldbus
    Oni of Chaos
    ordinaryguy
    Pajka
    Pinman
    RegentMan
    rhino78
    robboo
    Robi D
    Samuelson
    Spoony
    Sweetacshon
    Swissempire
    tariqari
    TheDuckOfFlanders
    Theoden
    tonyf12
    tuxedohamm
    Vind2
    ybbor
    zyxy

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

Ill sign up, although i dont want to commit to too much, im happy to lurk

3. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Request membership, and you shall be added.

You don't have to commit anything. Just your voice and opinion will be fine. ;)

4. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

Woah! You mean... you mean, a person like... like, me! Can be in the Civ4 ISDG?? Amazing! I'd like to join!

EDIT - I sent a group membership thingy in too.

EDIT Volume II - I would like to sign up for the CFC ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CFC team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CFC team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

5. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I would like to sign up for the CFC ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CFC team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CFC team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

6. azzaman333

azzaman333 meh

Sign me up.

Pledge thingy... I would like to sign up for the CFC ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CFC team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CFC team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

I'll join once again.

I pledge allegiance to these United States. Whoops wrong pledge. ;)

8. robboo

robboo Chieftain

I will give it a go...primarily lurking till summer.

I would like to sign up for the CFC ISDG team and promise that I will not sign up for any other team in this competition. I will not give any info from the CFC team to any other team, or any other individual not in the CFC team. I will also never visit any other site's confidential ISDG threads or try to obtain confidential information about the game from members of other teams in the ISDG.

9. ybbor

ybbor Will not change his avata

oh, you should make an announcement in the MTDG forums. I'm in, and requesting membership.

10. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

11. Swissempire

Swissempire Poet Jester

Si Senor, I will join you peach stand but i demand minimum wage!

12. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

I'll sign up...

13. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

Alrighty Ginger_Ale, Swissempire, Black_Hole, ybbor, robboo, classical_hero, azzaman333, Methos, and cody_the_genius, you've all been added. Thanks for requesting membership up front.

Nobody, you'll be added as soon as you request membership for the ISDG group. It's simply like signing up for a MTDG team.

14. lost_civantares

lost_civantares [Insert Title]

I join though it may be mostly a lurkership.

And:

15. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

I am in, not sure how much time I can commit though (i.e. lurker) until after my wedding.

Out of curiosity which sites are we playing agaisn't?

Edit: (I sure hope this is where I put this)

16. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

lost_civantares and Memphus have been added.

There are a total of thirteen sites interested, so there'll be two or three games with six or four teams per game. The following sites are interested:

Civ Fanatics (CFC)
    Apolyton (ACS)
    Civ III Duel Zone (CDZ)
    Evolution Games (EVG)
    People's Army of the Ladder (PAL)
    German Webring Team (GWT)
    Civilization Gaming Network (CGN)
    Russian Civ Fanatics (CFR)
    Gamecatcher Alliance (GCA)
    Batrachos (BAT - A French site)
    Civilization Brazil (CBR)
    Master Zen Online (MZO)
    Civilization Russian Community (RUS)

17. Memphus

Memphus Chieftain

3 Games would be cool with the top 2 teams from advancing to a second 'final' game :D
    (however Civ5 will probably be out by then :mischief: )

18. The 777 Hoax

The 777 Hoax future skeleton

Yes, we should have a sort of tournament system for the ultimate championship!

19. RegentMan

RegentMan Chieftain

I think that's what's going to happen, with the "losing" teams playing a game of their own.

20. Theoden

Theoden Chieftain GOTM Staff

Sign me up.