Civ IV/V mod issues with Steam

ILLokano

Chieftain
I think this subject has long been overlooked for there are people who bought Civ IV/V on Steam like me and for example in BtS the usual pathway(or whatever its called) for mods, mod comps, new civs, scenarios: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods but whenever I go to advanced and load mods on the main menu, it crashes and tells me "Steam failed to start" or "steam app load error xxx... and well its been frustrating when there's all these great mods and to find out that Steam is usually the main issue on why they don't work:cry: For crying out loud, I just want to play as the Philippines with their UU and UB intact on prince and lead them to a Diplomatic Victory is that so much to ask for?:confused:

Does this also happen with the default mods, like Afterworld or Next War?

yes unfortunately they do and in my frustration deleted all the default mods(don't worry all I have to do is re-install BtS),if I do re-install BtS is there a way to shorten the pathway C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods? You said in a previous thread I made that the pathway is too long and that's why the mods are not working. How about if I put it in(when re-installing it) in the My Games folder if possible of course

IIRC, the steam exe is borked (exact wording). There is a fix I think.

yes unfortunately they do and in my frustration deleted all the default mods(don't worry all I have to do is re-install BtS),if I do re-install BtS is there a way to shorten the pathway C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods? You said in a previous thread I made that the pathway is too long and that's why the mods are not working. How about if I put it in(when re-installing it) in the My Games folder if possible of course

also I tried different pathways on where to put the mods I tried sticking them into the CustomAssets folder under mygames and when that didn't work I put them under Mods in the same folder but to no avail. Then I tried putting them in the Mods subfolder of bts which is in itself a subfolder of bts and I even put "ModularXMLloading=0 to 1" and everything else in the ini. files(if there is one for that particular mod) What am I doing wrong???!!!:confused:

yes unfortunately they do and in my frustration deleted all the default mods(don't worry all I have to do is re-install BtS),if I do re-install BtS is there a way to shorten the pathway C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization iv beyond the sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods? You said in a previous thread I made that the pathway is too long and that's why the mods are not working.

It's possible to shorten the whole steam path, take a look here.
Try to move the stuff to...er....whatever, C:\Games, or so, instead of the whole program files path, that should hopefully help.

How about if I put it in(when re-installing it) in the My Games folder if possible of course

Nonono, the mods are at the right location.

Top Bottom