Civ V - One World Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
City flipping without use of force.

I'm not completely for it, but I think it could happen. What might be more historically accurate are break away cities turned separate state, such as (off the top of my head) Taiwan, Korean peninsula, Yugoslavia, Soviet Union, Sudan, etc...

...however, unhappiness can lead to rogue--barbarian units--appearing outside of your city so this might make the break away state feature unlikely.

Here's hoping they add new leaders for existing civs including Pericles and Louis XIV so Alexander and Napoleon can be given traits that fit them better.

Expansions seem to concern a latter era than the previous one,so i d think the focus will be on colonization/globalisation(corporations ?) and late game diplomatic mechanism (the un)

City flipping without use of force.

Cities flipping from culture or influence of religion would be something I'd really like to see in CiV. City flipping via culture in Civ4 played out nicely - you'd have to start build culture buildings near borders to prevent losing your closest city or likewise trying to turn the ownership of AI city to you without war... It was a fun element.

Flipping city tiles would be nice, flipping cities was just too annoying in Civ4. Maybe that was just because of how difficult it was to capture a city that had "breathing room" without being under huge pressure from the start.

But tile flipping, I would love. Perhaps by a colonist/propaganda unit that can be bought using culture (like missionaries and faith). This can then go to a tile neighbouring one of yours and and settle for 5-20 turns to flip the tile over (consuming the unit). The time it would take would depend on how much culture the city is pumping out, what's on the tile, how strong your nearby cultural influence is ect... During those 5-20 turns, the person defending can either do nothing and lose the tile, move a military unit on that tile which would double the amount of time it takes, ask/demand that you leave diplomatically, or use one of their own colonist/propagandist to annul your outposts.

I just hope they include elements to take away the boredom of peaceful gameplay. I activated the automatic end turn option in my last three games, something I never did before. It's the old complaint: I want more things to do. I want he AI to have more things to do. One World, please give me something to do between wars.

The following list is what I want (i ask for things periodically) and not really what I expect in One World. But you never know. :)

- Trade agreements. Trade agreements increase cash between civs. Like a research agreement, a DoF is required.

- International trade routes. Requires open borders, not a DoF. I believe wealth should be far more difficult to accumulate without international trade. The Devs have made this game a competition between warmongers and isolationists and gives the game a 'us vs them' mentality that limits gameplay. Warmongers and isolationists should have an economic disadvantage to civs openly trading. Also, make coastal cities money making population centers, not low production 'meh' cities.

-Increase the number of resources in the game. Create new tile improvements to harvest them. Create new mechanisms to take advantage of them (health, guilds, caravans, etc).

- More UN options (voting), more spy options (sabotage, assassination of GP points, etc), more religion options (religious victory). Why is everything so passive? Give me something to do!

- Flip tiles through culture and cash. If a player covets land, they should have more options than a declaration of war or GG to claim it.

- Bring back random events and the option to turn them off.

More than anything I hope this is the time they add Pitboss. This is the only change I want; anything else is good, but this game is much better with Pitboss.

more religion options (religious victory)

I agree with you on a whole but this is by far what I want mostly!

Religious victory:
- Have your enhanced religion be the dominant religion in at least 90% of all the cities in the world including all holy cities.
- Once the condition is met you can build the religious order wonder and win the game.

It would be a domination type victory condition with added flavor.
Though this is not the place to create suggestions.

EDIT: I wrote a detailed suggestion for my take on a religious victory that works with the rumored title of One World.

Here's my actual #realtalk speculation.

It's not an expansion. If I had to guess, I'd wager that it is going to be like this.

A DLC with two civs and a scenario. The reason I say this, is that when two civs are bundled together with a scenario, the DLC gets named after the scenario.

The name One World, to me, connotes a few things. But amongst them, these immediately stand out to me: Exploration, and Diplomacy. This leads me to believe that the two civs will be...

Portugal. UA would be some sort of naval thing that helps them explore the waters. UB would be Feitoria (I don't know what it would do,) and the UU would be the Carrack.

And Switzerland. UA would be something related to citystate diplomacy and possibly major civ deals. UB would be some sort of financial building, possibly a Bank replacement; and UU would be some sort of Pikeman replacement I figure.

And we have our scenario: One World. I'm not sure what this would be. Going out on a limb, I'd suggest some sort of information era scenario that tackles issues like globalization, military pacts, isolationism, cultural identity, democracy or transition to it, and ideological geopolitics.

Sound reasonable to anyone else?

It's not an expansion. If I had to guess, I'd wager that it is going to be like this.

A DLC with two civs and a scenario. The reason I say this, is that when two civs are bundled together with a scenario, the DLC gets named after the scenario.

The name One World, to me, connotes a few things. But amongst them, these immediately stand out to me: Exploration, and Diplomacy. This leads me to believe that the two civs will be...

Portugal. UA would be some sort of naval thing that helps them explore the waters. UB would be Feitoria (I don't know what it would do,) and the UU would be the Carrack.

And Switzerland. UA would be something related to citystate diplomacy and possibly major civ deals. UB would be some sort of financial building, possibly a Bank replacement; and UU would be some sort of Pikeman replacement I figure.

And we have our scenario: One World. I'm not sure what this would be. Going out on a limb, I'd suggest some sort of information era scenario that tackles issues like globalization, military pacts, isolationism, cultural identity, democracy or transition to it, and ideological geopolitics.

Pretty skeptical of Switzerland. They have never once been in a Civilization game (except as a city-state called Zurich) and we still don't have Portugal or the Zulu, two fan-favorites.

Pretty skeptical of Switzerland. They have never once been in a Civilization game (except as a city-state called Zurich) and we still don't have Portugal or the Zulu, two fan-favorites.

But dude, we don't have enough European civs! Isn't it obvious?

It is an expansion pack because the data entry is named as EXPANSION - One World, not a DLC/Scenario whatevr. it shares an EXE as well as the PACKAGE like God and Kings.

Your versions of Portugal and Switzerland sound very plausible. I personally believe Portugal will be included too. Switzerland would be very nice one too -- as long as they throw Shaka in! (Along with some other civilizations to represent other parts of the world.) :)

Things are pretty much up in the air right now, but I'm leaning more towards the belief that it "is" an expansion because of this Steam tracking website that leaked the information (how accurate and reliable this data may be is another guess) and the format being used for "One World":

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots

Expansion - Gods and Kings Content
Expansion - Gods and Kings - EXE

Expansion - One World Content
Expansion - One World EXE

Some DLC format examples:
Double Civ and Scenario Pack - Spain, Isabella and Inca, Pachacuti Mac
Civ and Scenario Pack - Polynesia
Scenario Pack - Ancient Wonders
Cradle of Civilization - Americas

Also, if it was just a simple DLC, I think it would've been released by now; especially when they released the latest big patch. Usually, when something big is on the horizon, 2K and Firaxis become very quiet and disappear. The calm before the storm! :D Plus, this summer would make sense, timing-wise, for another expansion pack.

Your versions of Portugal and Switzerland sound very plausible. I personally believe Portugal will be included too. Switzerland would be very nice one too -- as long as they throw Shaka in! (Along with some other civilizations to represent other parts of the world.) :)

Things are pretty much up in the air right now, but I'm leaning more towards the belief that it "is" an expansion because of this Steam tracking website that leaked the information (how accurate and reliable this data may be is another guess) and the format being used for "One World":

http://cdr.xpaw.ru/app/8930/#section_depots

Some DLC format examples:

Also, if it was just a simple DLC, I think it would've been released by now; especially when they released the latest big patch. Usually, when something big is on the horizon, 2K and Firaxis become very quiet and disappear. The calm before the storm! :D Plus, this summer would make sense, timing-wise, for another expansion pack.

Did not notice that. I'm a dumb butt.

I would like to see alternative leaders, more uu and ub (more late game ones). roads that do something when connected to other civs capital (trade agreements), coperations, more un resolutions, more spy options, health would be a nice addition. more diversified resources. random events with quests.

No, not at all.

The format of the information that was found doesn't fit with DLC, it in fact fits exactly with the format for Gods & Kings.

Waiting this long of DLC neither fits with the current pattern nor makes any sense business wise. If the company were to release DLC after Gods & Kings, it would have been in the months following it's release, as things stand we've gone the longest period of time without any announcements about new content for the game. This doesn't fit with DLC, which is generally a 'strike when the irons hot' kind of thing.

Based on previous patterns, there is almost certainly a new expansion coming, and it will most likely be announcement on the 14th or 21st of February. With the timing of this information about "One World" and the format it was found in, it's almost certain that it is the new expansion that is almost certainly coming.

Also, the Swiss as a full blown civ?

Game need better AI to use commerce and diplomaci. Also need more work to AI can play togather on teans, like 2 x 2, 3 x 3, ...

There are no much new thinks to add in this game, need work on AI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom