1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI - Beta Gauntlet I

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Chieftain Supporter

No, only one globally available Prophet has been used; So far, only one Religion has been founded. Looking at the Great Persons page, one can see how close each Civ is to recruiting its Great Prophet. It is definitely a bug for this policy to vanish.

2. Sun Tzu Wu

I'm thought I was monopolizing city states. I'm Suzerain in 3 city states and just added a third envoy to a city state no other Civ has located yet, but instead of becoming Suzerain with the third envoy, it shows Suzerain None at 10 envoys. What does that mean?

Oops, I am wrong. It is influenced by 6 Civs. There must be a tie of 10 envoys each. It is the other cultural CS that is almost isolated. Victoria and I are competing there.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  3. Sun Tzu Wu

I was wrong about the about above. The second, third and fourth prophets were suddenly recruited so fast, I did not realize the corresponding religions were even founded. So was no bug, after all.

4. Kruncha

Kruncha Chieftain

T91 Victory.

Was about to give up until I found Kandy on turn 25 on the other side of my continent. Got the free envoy—terrible AI scouting saves the day. Quest was Craftsmanship trigger, so I was able to get Suzerain quite early. Got Holy Sites and Divine Spark in good time, so religion with Reliquaries and Theology also went smoothly. Cartography was not as smooth, as I had some trouble getting my second harbor up. I also played with low sea level (I believe this should be within the rules) to be able to cross the ocean faster upon researching Cartography (and possibly increase the chances of being able to reach the other continent without Cartography? Didn’t work in this case).

What really made a difference was finding two more Natural Wonders and all three of the remaining civs within a few turns of reaching the other continent. Once you have 104 tourism plus Open Borders bonuses going to five different civs it’s GG in about ten turns.

Screen Shot 2016-11-23 at 12.51.00 PM.png

5. mayhemster

mayhemster Chieftain

Well done Kruncha, I think you nailed it there :p

6. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

Good job on sub T100 win.
    Having myself missed by an inch a sub T100 win a few times, I greatly appreciate this effort.

7. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Awesome. I pretty much already gave up. Now, I really give up. :goodjob:

8. Smirk

Smirk Chieftain

Hah, you and I both. While any awesomely fast win is very much a skilled game, certain aspects tend to devolve gameplay into a one-way play style.
    Finding a relic in a hut is exciting but it spells doom for any fast faith related game as this is crazy powerful, +4 faith and 8 tourism pre-10 turns is insanely strong. So this is a must have.
    And add to that Kandy, while interesting, is in my opinion a very poor mechanic. Intentionally not discovering wonders to get relics? This should be something more sensible or player controlled like getting one when you complete a theatre or holy district.
    I'm glad they are moving back to playing a particular victory condition from the start (instead of the science for everything in 5) but hopefully this one can be improved to make it more interesting.

9. Kruncha

Kruncha Chieftain

Thanks all! The discussion here has been really helpful.

I am a bit disappointed that as the culture victory strategy becomes more optimized, certain options like martyring apostles seem more off the table. Maybe higher difficulty levels will bring back that option, but for now it seems that Kandy is required for the fastest culture victories with any civ on any lower difficulty.

10. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Looks like 3 paths to Culture victory:
    • Kandy + NW for early relic victory
    • Yerevan + Martyrs for immediate victory
    • Traditional culture for a late victory
    The first two require early luck. Granted, plus a little skill to properly take advantage of it.

Doesn't bode well for the Culture victory condition competition. I suspect that higher difficulties will push back the dates but probably not the influence of early luck.

11. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Well done a new fastest time :goodjob:

I think bigger maps will play a part as well but essentially you're right, will have to see what falls out of any future patch to balance this.

12. Ozbenno

And only a few more days until this one is wrapped up.

13. Sun Tzu Wu

I completed Mont St. Michel, but Apostles I create do not have the Martyr promotion. I don't have a Holy Site in the city that built Mont St. Michel; Do the Apostles have to come from that particular Holy Site? Also, I did not generate a Great Prophet; Victoria created the Religion and I wiped out both Teddy Roosevelt and Victoria who created the Hindu religion for me. Does Mont St.Michel only work for the true Creator of the religion?

14. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

That's odd. I played a recent game where I didn't found a religion. I captured a holy city, but by the time I had built Mont St Michel in a different city, there was no dominant religion in either the holy city or the wonder city. Consequently, I couldn't buy apostles at all in either of those cities. I could, however, buy apostles in cities with a temple where there was a dominant religion, and it didn't matter what religion was dominant - the apostles all got the martyr promotion.

So, no, you don't have to found the religion, and the apostles don't have to come from the MSM city. No idea why it's not working in your game.:confused:

15. Sun Tzu Wu

Summarizing inability to get Martyr promotion on all Apostles:

1) I have Mont St. Michel; city with MSM does not yet have a Holy Site.
    2) I did not get a Great Prophet to found my own religion.
    3) I have eliminated Victoria after she converted all my cities to Hinduism on our continent. I have two new cities on the other continent that have Shinto and no religion respectively.
    4) It is after I completed Enlightenment.

I have created 3 Apostles, all satisfying the above four conditions and none of them have the Martyr promotion. They should all have the Martyr promotion; why don't they have it? At this point, I'm guessing this is an undocumented effect of The Enlightenment or a bug.

16. Sun Tzu Wu

In Civ VI, after a city is capured, the conqueror receives its culture and tourism, right? This is unlike Civ IV where all cultural buildings are lost and wonders lose their culture generating attribute.

17. Ozbenno

Does the city with MSM have a religion and are the apostles of that religion? Only thing I can think of.

18. Sun Tzu Wu

Yes, Victoria spread Hinduism to all my cities. It was the only religion founded on my continent; all cities on my continent have Hinduism. The other three religions were founded on the other continent; they have not spread to my continent yet.

19. Sun Tzu Wu

I just ran into a IU bug. I reported it in the Technical Support forum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...c-slot-fill-policy-slot-infinite-loop.606292/

I know no way of getting past this Fill Policy Slot prompt to end the current turn and continue the game. Is it ok to go back to the last auto save file (beginning of the current turn I presume) and duplicate moves as best I can and combine changing policies with filling the new policy slot (using the Great Merchant) to work-around this UI bug?

20. Ozbenno

I had something similar happen and I just saved and reloaded and I was OK to go. If this doesn't work, an autosave and duplicate moves will be acceptable.