1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI - Beta Gauntlet I

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Hall of Fame Discussion' started by Ozbenno, Oct 29, 2016.

1. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

Great People slots:

As of normal buildings...
    Temples --> 1 relic; amphitheatres --> 1 book; art museum --> 3 pieces of art; archaeological museum --> 3 artifacts; broadcast center --> 1 music piece
    Wonders:
    Palace --> 1 wildcard slot; TGL --> 2 books; Bolshoi --> 1 book, 1 music piece, Mt Michel --> 2 relics; Hermitage --> 3 pieces of art; Oxford --> 2 books; Broadway --> 1 book, 1 music piece; Sydney Opera --> 2 music pieces
    And there is a GM that can create a bank with 2 wildcard slots.

I don't think the # of TRs matter, either. However, according to the posts earlier on the necessary accumulated tourism: if this is correct, then it's actually vital to meet everybody as early as possible (which may or may not be feasible without Cartography).

EDIT: different religions and Enlightenment only affect religious GWs (relics and religious art?)
    The Christo Redentor counters the Enlightenment malus.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    WillowBrook likes this.
  2. Xger

Xger Prince

I'm unaware of a listing at least in game. You might try on the wiki.

Foreign Tourism is just a function of the amount of tourism you have. You should get more tourists over time as you generate tourism. You can only generate them with Civs you have meet.

There are a few policies, one religious belief, and a few techs that increase tourism. As for open borders, if it is one sided, you paying the civ.
    The other option is to eliminate them if they have the highest number of domestic tourists. Also, there are occasionally continents maps with shallow water bridges. So it is also critical to get out early galleys and search.

3. Xger

Xger Prince

So I just noticed this restart button mod. Thought it might be useful here...

Edit: It may not actually work, so use at your own risk

4. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

T110 "One Relic" CV
    Tribal village relic and 3 AIs on continent
    America forward settled me giving the opportunity to send a fast early trade route
    Almost had a low T90s win, but the foreign tourist requirement jumped by one unexpectedly one turn too soon, so I had to wait for a whole other round.
    Conquered Aachen really late in game to get Germany's relic which he wouldn't want to sell me at any price. I got his relic one turn before victory so it had no impact on the game.
    It appears you only need to hold the foreign tourist requirement for one turn as my final post-victory screen shows.

Spoiler :

mayhemster and UnforcedError like this.
  5. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Well done Mr Ex-Vice President we have a new leader :)

I noticed this as well.

6. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

Very nice! Also, your game actually proves that you don't need to know everyone on the map to win by culture. :thumbsup:

7. Denniz

Denniz Where's my breakfast? Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I almost had a good one. Early relic. Found Kandy before finding any wonders. But every time I got suzerain and start exploring again, Japan would take Kandy back. Usually the next turn.:gripe:

8. UnforcedError

UnforcedError Settler

So why didn't you kill Japan?

9. Denniz

I was sub-optimizing military for districts and buildings. In any case, he was too far away.

10. mayhemster

mayhemster Chieftain

T107, I think this will be my last attempt as it is quite frustrating getting what you need for a decent attempt at this.

I was alone on my largish continent, but had Kandy and 4 other uncontested city states. They helped me get my cities built up without the need for much military, so I thought it might be worth a shot.

4 relics total:
    1 from early hut
    1 relic from NW at the north of my continent
    1 relic traded from victoria who I found alone on an island well before I could get to before Cartography. I got the relic for 1 luxury and 11 GPT which seems cheap to me...
    1 relic discovered from a NW on the other continent

I shut down attempts by opponents to get a majority religion so had 120 tourism per turn on most and 150 tourism per turn on those i managed to get a trade route with so it didn't matter that I didn't find most of them until between turns 80-90.

Attached Files:

11. IgrOK[SU]

IgrOK[SU] Player

Did someone got TWO relics from a hut?

12. Ozbenno

:thumbsup:

New fast time for the gauntlet.

13. IgrOK[SU]

IgrOK[SU] Player

14. Ozbenno

15. Denniz

T155 is not a great time but it is better than Ozbenno's, so I have to post. :mischief:

Two relics from Kandy\Natural Wonders and two from Yerevan\Martyrs.

Attached Files:

16. Kjellstroem

Kjellstroem Chieftain

What can cause an opponent to get a sudden jump in Culture? I was at something like 9/12 Tourism when an AI attacked me and I had to concentrate on defending for a few turns. When things calmed down I looked at the culture tab and now I was at 12/23. This was around turn 110.

17. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Prince

I also got Victoria to sell me her relic in one of my games.
    Frederick and Teddy however have never ever wanted to sell me their relic at any price so far.
    Maybe there are some AIs willing to sell it while others will not.
    More testing needed on that front...

mayhemster likes this.
  18. Ozbenno

:mad: :cry:

I mean, well done :p

mayhemster likes this.
  19. mayhemster

mayhemster Chieftain

I still haven't worked out how Domestic Tourists are calculated. At the end of my last game the situation on the culture screen is:

Germany - 8 Tourism per turn, 7.2 Culture per turn, 3 Domestic Tourists. I had 3 Tourists with them, Open Borders & Trade Route
    Sumeria - 8 Tourism per turn 7.8 Culture per turn, 11 Domestic Tourists, I had 2 Tourists with them, Open Borders
    Norway - 11 Tourism per turn, 2.9 Culture per turn, 4 Domestic Tourists, I had 2 Tourists with them
    America - 11 Tourism per turn, 4.6 Culture per turn, 7 Domestic Tourists, I had 1 Tourist with them, Open Borders & Different Majority Religion
    England - 0 Tourism per turn, 3.7 Culture per turn, 0 Domestic Tourists, I had 5 Tourists with them, Open Borders & Trade Route
    I had 104 Tourism per turn, 31.4 Culture per turn, 26 Domestic Tourists

I must be missing something important here because I can't see any correlation in the numbers provided there..

20. vadalaz

vadalaz King

I believe a civ gets a domestic tourist for every 100 culture they generate. I only ran one test in a game where I had 50 cpt, but there's this in GlobalParameters.xml:
    Code:
    <Row Value="2" Name="TOURISM_BASE_FROM_WONDER"/>
    <Row Value="3" Name="TOURISM_CONFLICTING_GOVERNMENT_MULTIPLIER"/>
    <Row Value="100" Name="TOURISM_CULTURE_PER_CITIZEN"/>
    <Row Value="50" Name="TOURISM_DIFFERENT_RELIGION_REDUCTION"/>
    <Row Value="8" Name="TOURISM_FROM_HOLY_CITY"/>
    <Row Value="25" Name="TOURISM_OPEN_BORDERS_BONUS"/>
    <Row Value="150" Name="TOURISM_TOURISM_TO_MOVE_CITIZEN"/>
    <Row Value="25" Name="TOURISM_TRADE_ROUTE_BONUS"/>
    It also says 150 tourism to move a citizen, but in this gauntlet it seems to take 900 tourism with a civ to get a visiting tourist... So the formula might be 150 * number of civs on the map?

avl8 likes this.