Civ VI - Beta Gauntlet II

@KrikkitTwo 's fomula thread was my reference for conversion ratio.25*15/10/8 = 4.68 when 100% techs. Not counting Hong Kong or Democracy. Hmm, after looking at the fomula, I should correct rough estimation to 4.5 because even with 50% techs(when it really matters), 25*8/10/4.5= 4.44. This is base conversion ratio, so if you want to calculate with Hong Kong, divide by 1.2, or in the case of Hong Kong and Democracy, divide by 1.56.

Let me take your example of 9000 productions. 9k cogs can be 2000 gpp with 4.5 base conversion ratio. If having Hong Kong bonus, 2400 gpp. If having Democracy government, 2600 gpp. If having both of them, 3120 gpp. All these numbers are rough estimation at 50% tech or civic progress. In Democracy, 2.6k gpp is roughly 19.5k gold, assuming 7.5 gold per gpp. So Big Ben strategy or not seems more or less up to presence of Hong Kong in game.

@KrikkitTwo 's fomula thread was my reference for conversion ratio.25*15/10/8 = 4.68 when 100% techs. Not counting Hong Kong or Democracy. Hmm, after looking at the fomula, I should correct rough estimation to 4.5 because even with 50% techs(when it really matters), 25*8/10/4.5= 4.44. This is base conversion ratio, so if you want to calculate with Hong Kong, divide by 1.2, or in the case of Hong Kong and Democracy, divide by 1.56.
Hmm... Now I'm confused. I just ran a test at the last turn of my Norway game, where I had all techs researched and completed a single research grant. The research grant, costing 375 production, yielded 80 GS points. That's exactly 4.68, as you say. However, I was running Democracy at the time. Does Democracy not give +30% to the GP points from a district project, but only boost the base yield of 15% science???

Okay, test some more. Did the same thing, but this time I switched to Communism before completing the research grant. I still got 80 GS point from the same project. It appears Democracy does not give any bonus to GP points!!! This changes a lot...

Hmm... Now I'm confused. I just ran a test at the last turn of my Norway game, where I had all techs researched and completed a single research grant. The research grant, costing 375 production, yielded 80 GS points. That's exactly 4.68, as you say. However, I was running Democracy at the time. Does Democracy not give +30% to the GP points from a district project, but only boost the base yield of 15% science???

Okay, test some more. Did the same thing, but this time I switched to Communism before completing the research grant. I still got 80 GS point from the same project. It appears Democracy does not give any bonus to GP points!!! This changes a lot...

Thanks for your time of testing. Great to know this!
Its description was really promising but it turned out to be not...

My last try came in at a turn 277 SV. Getting to 205 may be beyond me, but I should be able to shave a fair amount of time off my own mark there, due to several mistakes/learning experiences during this game. I played the map despite fears that my start area would be food-starved (which turned out to be quite true), and wasted time getting a religion.

The most amusing story-line of the game concerned Catherine: I started on the south side of the map, she started about half the map width west of me, with nothing but Vilnius between us. She declared war on me sometime around turn 120 and wouldn't make peace for the entire ensuing duration of the game. She never sent a single unit my way, either, but I'd become suzerain of Vilnius early on and that drove much of my civic progression. During the war, Catherine kept sending envoys to Vilnius, which flip-flopped back and forth between declaring war on each of us several times. I think I had 19 envoys cozied up with Vilnius' leaders by game end (and Catherine had more, as she stole the city-state from me once more before I finished the victory.)

What civs are good to play against ?

I have a hard time picking the right ones and usually everybody is angry at me in 99% of the games I play lol.

For sure with the game i'm doing I'm not going to finish before t300, amazing to see people hitting 200! good job!

I dont think that it is very important to pick the right enemies. If you want, i would consider to pick Civs without any early combat boni or strong early UU, so you will have less trouble with early invasion.
The other Civs will most likely dislike you, either for warmongering or agenda related reasons. One of the few leaders i consistently manage to befriend (if he is not my neighbour:)) is Trajan cause it`s helpful to play towards his agenda anyway.

Last edited:
I dont think that it is very important to pick the right enemies. If you want, i would consider to pick Civs without any early combat boni or strong early UU, so you will have less trouble with early invasion.
The other Civs will most likely dislike you, either for warmongering or agenda related reasons. One of the few leaders i consistently manage to befriend (if he is not my neighbour:)) is Trajan cause it`s helpful to play towards his agenda anyway.

For the wars on King then it doesn't make much difference who your opponent is once your horsemen/swordsmen are out there. I think you still might want to consider opponents who are likely to build districts that you actually want. On my last Diety game I conquered Pericles quite early who had 3 Campus already built which was a great boost to my early science.

Has anyone been through the xml files to see if there is any district bias between the different leaders?

Russia is a great neighbor, as his cities come with more free land when you capture them. Main problem is that they'll also all have Holy sites, so it takes a while to get your other districts up. Kongo is great because he cannot build Holy Sites and is much more likely to build more useful districts for you.

SV Turn 205.

I left all map options on default and just tried my luck. The map was ok but far from good. It had Geneva and Hongkong(which was on the other side of the map and when i found it around t150 it was conquered by Sumeria) also Stockholm but i only found it after the satelite start. No Toronto. I had Japan as my direct neighbour and Rome directly next to it, conquered Japan and 2 of the roman cities but left Rome itself as it had walls and i only had archers. Had 16 cities, 4 of them conquered. Timed Big Ben so i could just buy every scientist with 35k gold.

I had Full Industrial in every City, also Campi and Trade in most. 3-4 Research labs in my best production cities. I started Projects very late around t175 cause i had massive gold problems in the midgame and needed TD buildings.
I know this is far from being a superb time, but its a start :D

India is a really bad Civ for SV imo, no early pressure, UU and UB suck, Religion is not useful when hunting for the fastest time.

I would really like to try this again with a Toronto/Hongkong map and more than one gold Citystate.

The screens show my Empire by turn 100 and in the finishing turn.

I downloaded your save for reference, how early did you build colloseum? I saw forbidden city, big ben and the colloseum, any other wonders you built? So most of the game you built settlers (16?), early military, builders and districts?

Which districts did you prioritize? (Aside from campus) Was it industrial first then corresponding prod buildings then campuses? How early and in how many cities did you build campus research projects?

I played a re-do and I'm at turn 170 or so, yet 4-5 techs away from space port, I may shave of 100 turns from my last submission, yet maybe finish turn 250 or so. I did establish religion and mostly conquered my neighbors, I founded only 6-8 cities on my own, and that's after turn 125.

Thank you for your answers!

I played a re-do and I'm at turn 170 or so, yet 4-5 techs away from space port, I may shave of 100 turns from my last submission, yet maybe fiish turn 250 or so. I did establish religion and mostly conquered my neighbors, I founded only 6-8 cities on my own, and that's after turn 125.

From my experience, if you are on a potential fast finish then you'll have finished building your first spaceport well before T170, more like T150-160. The devil will be in the detail in a few months but early conquest is massively important because then you dont have to pay the escalating settler production costs. For me the problem with this challenge is that the map is really big so finding enough viable cities to capture early isn't easy - even if they are a pushover to actually take.

From my experience, if you are on a potential fast finish then you'll have finished building your first spaceport well before T170, more like T150-160. The devil will be in the detail in a few months but early conquest is massively important because then you dont have to pay the escalating settler production costs. For me the problem with this challenge is that the map is really big so finding enough viable cities to capture early isn't easy - even if they are a pushover to actually take.

Ended up finishing turn 297/298, shaved 30 turns from my submitted game. Now I understand the bottleneck at building the first spaceport early. I lost 30-40 turns waiting for the first two space projects while my other two spaceports are doing nothing.

On the redo however, I now understand the need for research grants enmasse and early. Made a dumb mistake skipping on a scientist, and finished without getting the spacerace scientists.

SV turn 180!

I will comment on it and answer any questions tomorrow, but right now im really tired and will go to sleep :)

The files should include the turn 1 save, i am 99% sure its the right one, i will check it tomorrow.

Screens are from t81 when i settled all cities and finishing turn.

Attachments

• 20161209010547_1.jpg
    20161209010547_1.jpg
    779.3 KB · Views: 137
  • 20161209055456_1.jpg
    20161209055456_1.jpg
    819.3 KB · Views: 156
  • GANDHI 1 4000 v. Chr..Civ6Save
    359.2 KB · Views: 132
  • GANDHI Gauntlet T180 SV.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 126
Fantastic game! So clearly the Big Ben strategy can work as well.

What kind of use did you get from India's uniques and abilities, if any?

Btw. I see you post the final save before the launch. I think the idea is to win the game, then at victory screen click one more turn and save the game for upload. It doesn't matter for your victory date here, as you launch on the same turn with Korolev, but if they ever get an automated submission system up it probably wouldn't recognize this as a victory. And it does make a difference to victory date if the last production is completed between turns.

Top Bottom