1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Civ and City-State Symbology

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by DJ_Tanner, Sep 15, 2016.

1. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Warlord

It may be, but I have not seen any such pottery in any search I have done, so it isn't a common symbol used or on a significant piece (i.e. the bronze head for Akkad). So, at this point, I can't give any better explanation than the one I have brought so far. Friaxis sometimes takes a bit of artistic license with these symbols, but I have found they always at least relate to something significant. With this one, I don't know if they are using an actual piece or stylizing it based on a the general designs. I can not find anything remotely close to it and particularly nothing with any cultural historical significance. If someone would like to provide images of the pottery they used I could possibly find the meaning of the symbols used or more about the uniqueness that the style of pottery may hold within the Nubian culture.

2. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Warlord

That is very interesting, I didn't even think of that. Phoenicia may have been my favorite to read on. Learning about abjad alphabets was interesting, but seeing the change from the Ox Head hieroglyph and how it transitioned was so much fun.
    Spoiler :

3. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The ox's head turned 180°!

4. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state