1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

The ocean is peaceful, hence the name.

2. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Unintentionally a feminist.

I did not take Jadwiga for a Cat Lady.

Cat Lady.png

BrotherInJah and WillowBrook like this.
  3. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

I was invited to join a secret organisation. Looks a bit shady, though...
    What are the provisions for leaving it, does anybody know? Asking for an Unmet Player...

Jkchart, Red_warning, Icicle and 9 others like this.
  4. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Warlord

Dear Fire Goddess:

We are forever in Your Service for the bounty you have provided us.

We are humbled and honored by you choosing us as the spot for you and the Winter God of the Dance of the Aurora to come together to settle your differences. But if it wasn't too much of a problem, could you, I don't know, do it in some way other than to explode volcanoes and blizzards everywhere? I mean, if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks,
    The people of Aquileia

pic hosting

5. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@SammyKhalifa
    Hilarious that such a coincidental eruption would happen near the "Eyjafjallajokull" volcanoe along side a bunch of Moai statues purposely gathering around to heavily boost Cultural outputs while the Golden Gate Bridge pushes these (Tourism) bonuses even further.
    To me, this really proves how good planning can generate whopping rewards.
    Visually "dramatic" -- indeed!
    Thanks for sharing.

6. Naeshar

Naeshar Chieftain

Launchedup new game, inland sea. When trying to settle third city, I noticed a strange thing: The river connects the inland sea to itself. Wouldnt that make the land an island? How is it actually possible? Uruk is actually settled in the same situation.
    Did this happen before, anyone?

Attached Files:

SammyKhalifa likes this.
  7. Krajzen

Krajzen Warlord

Seriously though, it is so goddamn stupid that congress functions like that, with unknown players participating and interacting with each other. It's like political influence od Maya civilization somehow changing medieval India. How the hell does this even work, how can world congress meet in the medieval era, is this some global telepathic network? Who designed the complete weirdness of current WC - it is completely counterintitive, absurd and unimmersive.

WC of civ5 made perfect sense, it was grounded in reality. It is founded by the civ which discovers all other civs on the world, and you propose resolutions which pass or not. Simple and real. And now we have this "gameplay enhanced" "more fun" crazy abomination with unknown players embargoing each other, voting to some random stuff you didn't want to, and UN somehow magically instantly deleting US nuclear arsenal (and US can accidentaly support it). Total trainwreck.

8. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Yes, Inland Sea map does such things. I had rivers starting and ending in the Inland Sea and cutting of a tile, two tiles or three tiles both times I played it. A feature, I guess :)

I look at it as first iteration on the WC, which will be further addressed and fine-tuned in further patches. Or so I hope. And no, you can't embargo unknown players. I could vote only for myself as a target for options A or B for both resolutions.

As for Civ5 WC making "perfect" sense and grounded in reality, I have my doubts.
    That it should only start when someone meets everybody else - yes. Sitting there in the Congress with a bag on your head is hardly a good omen for fruitful collaboration in the future.
    That it should have power to lay blanket bans that can't be ignored, defied or circumvented - well, that leaves reality a bit aside, don't you think? Who is the enforcing authority? In 6 those resolutions at least expire on their own and that alone makes it much more attractive in my eyes.

9. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

Lost in Canada:

I sent my warrior just to see what was behind those mountains. He went in through that narrow valley where Pericles put Corinth shortly afterwards. Since then he has been trying to make it home, but everywhere he went, the passage was denied by mountain ranges, sea, cities or city states. The only possible route is south of Guangzhou, but Qin keeps a swarm of units there that wouldn't budge. I guess the warrior's stuck in Canada then until embarkation. But then again, when/if he eventually comes back, who will be able to guarantee that in all that time he wouldn't have developed such a preference for poutine that would make him to eschew good sauerkraut, if you catch my drift? :hmm:

WillowBrook likes this.
  10. MrRadar

MrRadar Chieftain

I see your Grand Temple and raise you my Grand Temple.
    Pericles has got one on me, but I don't reckon Chichen Itza is actually visible from Germany, so I'll claim in our papers that we're even :)

11. tedhebert

tedhebert Chieftain

Good Sauerkraut ? GOOD SAUERKRAUT ? you kiddin' me ? ;-)

12. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

You mean to say Sauerkraut isnt good? :eek:

13. Loerwyn

Loerwyn Chieftain

I don't know if one like this has been posted before, but it turns out the game is a poet and doesn't know it. tank.jpg

14. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

The notification that gets me is "America is planning to found a new city with their Settler!" Well, of course they are. What else would they do with it? But then I get notifications like "America has cleared a Barbarian Encampment with a Settler," and realize that the "new city" notification is actually valuable. :p

15. Kimiimaro

Kimiimaro King

Russia did that with a Great Writer once to me. Well, when they have more than they can use, I guess they're trying to put some use to them.

Zaarin likes this.
  16. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Warlord

They did fix religious units trying to clear goody huts I think. They could before they got their own seperate layer and still tried for a while after. Haven't seen any religious gatherings around huts lately.

Jkchart, Zaarin and WillowBrook like this.
  17. oakdragon

oakdragon Stagnating amongst the Siliconians Supporter

Isn't that part of their UA?

bah-dum-tsh

18. Icicle

Icicle Chieftain

darkwilhemina.png

It was the best of times the worst of times.

19. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

I'm pretty certain the entire world being in a dark age in the Information Age is historically accurate. :p

20. Boris Gudenuf

Boris Gudenuf Warlord

I keep referring to it as the Misinformation Age but, by definition, nobody living in the Age knows what I'm talking about . . .