1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Did you by chance select legendary start without noticing?

2. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

No, but i do have abundant resources on

3. trev1972

trev1972 Warlord

I know, i know waste of volcanic soil and i will stop posting these!, but- i think these are the most adventurous holidaymakers yet

resort.jpg

4. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

Even funnier is that the Silk should count as wildlife, too, right?

How to build Thermal Bath while not playing as Hungary.

5. Futumch

Futumch Calm as a Coma

I suppose you could call this a "grease fire". They are always dangerous in a kitchen.

Mongolia (white on xanadu)
    Athens (cerulean on white)
    Sparta (white on cerulean)

6. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

Insects (silk worms) should indeed count as wildlife... did you think silk was some weird plant material? (weird why honey is improved by camp by silk by plantations... the bees need flowers just as much as the worms need mulberry)

7. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

I wasn't sure If it was silk that was made by insects and whether insects count as wildlife in the context, hence why I asked.
    I think the reason it's improved with plantation is because they did indeed think people will not imagine the insects in it (even the icon is silk whereas honey has bees even though it could as well use small honeycomb or jar of honey).

8. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Plantation makes sense for Silk: the silk worms are raised on mulberry plantations. IMO Camp doesn't make a whole let of sense for Honey; honey bees have been deliberately cultivated for millennia--it was well before recorded history started that humans stopped having to go out and hunt wild honey. So I personally would have given Honey plantations, too--or a new improvement, the Apiary.

WillowBrook, Banazir864 and kaspergm like this.
  9. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I would go with plantations also. Bee hives can be put anywhere with flowering plants, but they seem to be most beneficial in orchards, which seem to be represented as plantations in the game.

Zaarin likes this.
  10. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

I satisfied your agenda, oh Alex the Great! And then, I may have learned something from you about city (re)naming. To help my immersion.

FedorWin, shaglio, Deadly Dog and 4 others like this.
  11. J_Kovic

J_Kovic Warlord

I maybe went little overboard with national parks....

I got 22 national parks overall (two are not in the photo). Most of them produced about 30 tourism per turn.

Odd "bug" is that I got +4 era score for each of these national parks.

MrRadar, Jeppetto, Futumch and 4 others like this.
  12. Republic of San Montuoso

Republic of San Montuoso Prince

Where are you national parks? All I see are you cities in green and...

Oooooh... :eek:

oSiyeza and borad like this.
  13. kb27787

kb27787 Deity

upload_2020-6-30_22-19-20.png

Ok Firaxis, either you need to take a good look at your RNG generation, or some evil scientist has a secret hideout within Mt. Khorgo and is doing this on purpose (this is at disaster setting 2, not apocalypse mode so no soothsayers)

MrRadar and Kimiimaro like this.
  14. Naeshar

Naeshar Warlord

Not a bug, since you built Taj Mahal. I do that all the time. The +6 point space moments are great.
    You have even centered the screen on Taj Mahal.

I was wondering how did you get enough faith for so many parks then realized Canada has Mounts with the ability to found them.

15. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

All that is wrong with the World Congress in one screenshot from my current Gilgamesh game on Emperor. It is turn 90ish, standard speed, standard world size with two AI civs less than standard, and 2 more CSs.

1) I eliminated the two other civs on my continent. Thus I proved myself as the ultimate diplomat!
    2) I have not met any of the other civs.
    2) To my best knowledge, the civs I just eliminated had made no contact with any of the other civs.
    3) I have -11 diplomatic points per turn.

And yet...

I miraculously took part in the World Congress! Who with? I don't know, but that's how diplomacy works, isn't it? You do random stuff with incognito people! Also, wear a mask! (at least that bit makes sense)

I won a resolution! With 0 favour invested! Yay!

Please, Firaxis, fix this ridiculous mess, it makes no sense at all.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  16. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

Ok, so I'm still in the same game as above. Now it's turn 201. Jayavarman has just declared war on Poundmaker. A special session of the World Congress was requested (the abbreviation WC makes a lot of sense in this case I must say). The subject - military aid for Poundmaker, to fund his defense against Jayavarman. I voted against since Poundmaker has been stubbornly refusing to make friends with me, despite our relationship being all green for centuries.

Guess what?

All the other civs, including Jaya-frackin'-varman, voted to aid Poundmaker in his defensive war. Yeah, that's right. It's no typo, no mistake. The aggressor voted to finance his target's defense against him. Seriously? "Diplomacy" in Civ VI, and especially the Loo (WC) is more broken than an Alfa Romeo in a cloud of billowing smoke at the side of the road.

MrRadar, Jeppetto, Kimiimaro and 4 others like this.
  17. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

And now the Congress awarded me, the game's greatest warmonger, 9 victory points, in 1 session (I won all 4 resolutions, including the 2 random ones, 1 on awarding/taking away 2 diplomatic victory points, and one on the World Games). Brilliant, simply brilliant.

No save scumming BTW. This happened on the first try.

18. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I don't see the appeal of some statues in the middle of freezing nowhere, but who am I to argue. :D

Frozen Statues.png

Yield pron version.
    Frozen Yield.png

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  19. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Gran Colombia is a very lake-y civ!
    20200705150541_1.jpg

20. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Why have you not made a DoF with Gilgamesh yet? :hug:

Ferocitus and borad like this.