1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civ VI Funny/Strange Screenshots

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Carazycool, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

No forward-settling for you :)

upload_2020-10-26_23-36-52.png

2. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

Seeing Phoenicia in violet while Khmer claims Tyrian purple hurts me. :p

3. Jeppetto

Jeppetto Prince

To be completely honest, he's not forward settling you, he's naturally settling towards you. It just happens you two are so close neighbours. I am sure it will lead to fruitful brotherhood relationship of mutual cultural exchange and economical development, your people living peacfully side by side as one nat... Oh yeah he denounced you he going for war.

Or like Zarin says, maybe he came in peace, his delegation returning colour he stole.

4. sethjohnson

sethjohnson Chieftain

A useful Gold Gate Bridge, linking two continents together (i hope continental drift was taken into account when they built it)

And a useful canal meaning i don't need to keep negotiating open borders

5. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

After a long sea voyage, Kupe was hallucinating and seeing a mirage of endless desert in the middle of salty waves. Therefore, he ordered the construction of this here Petra. Please, don't judge him.

6. Zaarin

At least it's generating some appeal for that Seaside Resort, which makes it more useful than the average AI-built Petra. :crazyeye:

7. MrRadar

MrRadar Emperor

Amsterdam-The Hague, united within one nation, wins a three-way tie against Constantinople/Istanbul, divided between two.
    'Divide and rule, a sound motto; unite and lead, a better one'.
    :)

Yeah, I thought about that too. But the Future had other plans:

Spoiler :

Will Kupe save his investment? We'll see. 4 turns to Phase 6 (on Quick, deity). To be continued...
    :lol:

8. Lord Lakely

me re: Phoenicia's city list.

Speaking of, I legit could not *TAKE* the complete messitude of Phoenician Abjad names, Latinized transcriptions and English translations, so enjoy this *highly* satisfying list

upload_2020-10-27_23-24-17.png

I miss the Accurate Names mod.

9. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Ziz must be named after the giant Biblical bird.

10. Zaarin

Beautiful. :D Since you're already using Š, any chance you could replace TS with Ṣ?

11. Lord Lakely

I could do that (CTRL_C + CTRL_P) but I prefer a more phonetic spelling, As long as it's uniform and legible, it's fine.

Vowels are a real pain though. I just fill them in based on whatever the Greeks and Romans used.

12. Zaarin

That is a phonetic spelling; Ṣ is the usual way of spelling tsade in academic transliterations. Strictly speaking, jury is still out on whether tsade was /t͡sʼ/ or /sʼ/ in Biblical Hebrew and Phoenician, but IMO evidence strongly supports the former. (Oh, and a couple other corrections: Gebal should be Gubal. Also Hadašt should be adašt. Palestinian Aramaic lost the distinction between he and ḥet, as did Samaritan Hebrew, but Phoenician did not--in the east anyway. Neo-Punic eventually did.)

Vowels are indeed the hardest part of reconstructing Phoenician. When I was creating my constructed language based on Phoenician, Tiberian Hebrew was an essential supplement for filling in the vowels not expressed in Greek or Roman transliterations--with the adjustments necessary for the fact that Tiberian is much later, that Tiberian is not perfectly accurate even for Hebrew, and that Phoenician did develop differently from Hebrew in various ways.

13. sethjohnson

sethjohnson Chieftain

I've just topped this with production of 348.5 :crazyeye:

I've allied with a lot of civs and have the democratic legacy and Wisselbanken policies in place.

I have an insane amount of policy card slots. My government is synthetic tech, then I also have fully promoted owls of Minerva, Greece's extra slot, Forbidden Palace, Big Ben, potala palace and alhambra :lol:

And here's a tile making 17 food!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  14. Francel

Francel Warlord

So after playing Holland, I became a bit obsessed with Polders. New win condition: Aesthetic Victory.

Eventually, my capital became a true behemoth:
    Spoiler :

Also, barring the unusual circumstance of being adjacent to a natural wonder, I think polder yields max out at 24 (with 3 adjacent polders-I don't think more is possible?):
    Spoiler :

15. 8housesofelixir

8housesofelixir Emperor

What map type and settings you are using here? It is not that common to find a map with many lakes like this.

Francel likes this.
  16. Hakan-i Cihan

Hakan-i Cihan Emperor

I am not very used to have +21 amenities and 80 housing in a city. How did you achieve this?

Francel likes this.
  17. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Can confirm forest fires are working again...

20201028182043_1.jpg

18. Francel

Francel Warlord

There is a script aptly called “Lakes” that I have been using for polder shenanigans. Also, I find setting water to “high” puts more lakes on other maps, such as pangea or continents.

It is a bit bonkers. I do have 2 neighborhoods. Also, a dam and Temple of Artemis. Audience chamber, policy cards and religion are also contributing. Oh also governor Liang with water works. Guess it all adds up.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  19. Zaarin

Polders + Auckland + Huey Teocalli...

fi6wis97gne31.jpg

20. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

China applies a new strategy to controlling volcanic eruptions. Only partially successful.
    Spoiler :
    upload_2020-10-28_22-23-53.png